Falkirk Statement

They backed us or they didnae back us. ?

They fuuked us or they didnae fuuk us. ?

Well ,which is it.

The post you quoted relates to the SPFL Directors removing the CEO etc. That looks like a simple majority vote by Directors. However, they are all 'bessie mates' so that's not happening.

Post #139 relates to how Directors are appointed to the SPFL Board to fill vacancies, and that seems to require a 66% vote of support from member clubs.

I can't find anything on voting a Director out though. However, they do all come up for re-election every year.

Got it.

My recollection from April time was of a 50% plus requirement for a no confidence vote VB. I must be wrong. Again.

They backed us or they didnae back us. ?

They fuuked us or they didnae fuuk us. ?

Well ,which is it.
They got shafted as Raith Rovers were gifted the league. Not difficult to work out where they would have placed their "X".

Hopefully the club are still working in the background to get the numbers needed for a no confidence vote. I doubt clubs would want the disruption it would cause right now but surely the majority of clubs will be looking for change at the end of the season.

Not consulting the lower league clubs before stopping the league is another major own goal and again highlights the lack of leadership.

A lot of clubs regretting their vote last year it seems

The vote to end the league has to do what exactly with this statement and other clubs` feelings and the current stop in play due to Covid-19?

Falkirk and other more than semi-professional clubs are sure hit by the stop, but most lower league fixtures in Scotland got postponed due to "Other" recently. If that is the status quo, so be it. Call it an enforced winter break, but you would expect some help from the authorities / government to bridge this gap in paying staff et al. And that is probably the bone of contention, with both the SFA and SPFL lead by noone capable of doing the job.

Hamilton voted the way every single other club would have done in their position.

As someone on another thread posted, swap the position round ie Rangers top, Celtic second and their votes would be reversed.

The job of the executive team is to find consensus and harmony which helps improve the overall health of the league as a whole.

This is almost impossible when self preservation is the order of the day and one club has too much influence.
Hamilton's vote went above and beyond an X sent on an email, their staff member was a very vocal supporter of Doncaster and a very critical agitator of anything Rangers related

The question remains if League 1 and 2 have been made the sacrificial lambs to show football as "doing something" after the Dubai fiasco.
It’s a rhetorical question, 100% we can all join the dots and come to that conclusion. Unless you believe in the mother of all coincidences, which does in fairness seem to infect Scottish football, when it suits.

Hopefully the club are still working in the background to get the numbers needed for a no confidence vote. I doubt clubs would want the disruption it would cause right now but surely the majority of clubs will be looking for change at the end of the season.

Not consulting the lower league clubs before stopping the league is another major own goal and again highlights the lack of leadership.

It’s also arrogant & disrespectful JD. Now where have we seen that recently ? LOL

See for everyone who comes on here with the predictable f**k them all, reap what you sew replies. Try and look at it another way, if that's the road you want to go down, fine. Just be prepared for the present set up to continue.
Possibly but it now drags them into our fight, we can now sit back and win titles and let the rest restart the momentum they failed to back us up on

Was it a secret vote, or do we have a definitive list of who backed us last season?
Personally I would find it helpful to have a “sticky” or at least a thread which can be bookmarked if wanted, which gives the breakdown of who voted and how.

In fine management “aye, that’s a great idea - you do it” style, do we have a volunteer? I’ll lead from behind ;)

How do you think Falkirk would’ve voted if they were a point above Raith Rovers?
Exactly and this is why reform is needed,clubs will always vote in thier own interests!power must return to the SFA (reformed) so that it is run by an independent executiv,and not the club reps.

Got it.

My recollection from April time was of a 50% plus requirement for a no confidence vote VB. I must be wrong. Again.
I have no idea mate. Our proposal was for an Independent Inquiry and that required 75% support. The media narrative at the time said if more than 15 out of 42 clubs voted with Rangers it would be seen as a vote of No Confidence in Doncaster. We fell just short on that score.

No idea what the official rule is but, with these things, perception is often more important than reality. If there's a groundswell against him he will be a goner - regardless of voting percentages.

We need sympathetic members on the SPFL Board rather than the likes of Les Gray and Ken Ferguson.

I have no idea mate. Our proposal was for an Independent Inquiry and that required 75% support. The media narrative at the time said if more than 15 out of 42 clubs voted with Rangers it would be seen as a vote of No Confidence in Doncaster. We fell just short on that score.

No idea what the official rule is but, with these things, perception is often more important than reality. If there's a groundswell against him he will be a goner - regardless of voting percentages.

We need sympathetic members on the SPFL Board rather than the likes of Les Gray and Ken Ferguson.

Absolutely agree. And thank you.

Nobody should assume the likes of Hamilton are now somehow in a pro-Celtic, anti-Rangers caucus.

Hamilton voted to keep the club in the top flight; anything else was collateral damage. I didn’t agree with that vote, but it was cast in pure self-interest.
As 99% of votes, in any aspect of life, understandably are.

Now it's been a while since I had to think who backed us. But would it not be best to check before posting this? Egg on your face now that everyone points out they backed us, nice one lads.
Hence why i included all in what i said not Falkirk in particular.

They all happy as f**k signed up for it. Totally made their bed and knew 100% they'd be shafted at some point. Made not a single bit of difference to them.

Just a shame more are with them pointing out just how stupid they were in the first instance to back a corrupt nasty regime that was under the control of a single club.

I am of course happy that they are calling them out.

Time for Rangers to start speaking with all these clubs in the background, garner enough support and go for the throats.
We need to step up now and be at the forefront of changing Scottish football for good.
Time to take our rightful place as a force for good and a leading light in the game and get timmy back to heel where they belong.

Last edited:
Normally i would say fck them but we can use the fckers to regain power and influence within the Scottish game

Where are all the smug arseholes in position's of power, at other clubs like Hamilton and Motherwell, who made dismissive remarks about half an hour after we released our dossier in the summer?

I'll tell you where, nowhere to be found in this time of crisis.

Nobody should assume the likes of Hamilton are now somehow in a pro-Celtic, anti-Rangers caucus.

Hamilton voted to keep the club in the top flight; anything else was collateral damage. I didn’t agree with that vote, but it was cast in pure self-interest.

Academical is correct but what genuinely annoys me about the clubs who are currently complaining and those who were complaining last year is that they sat quietly for many years and acquiesced with Lawell putting his placemen and cronies into virtually every important position within the SFA and SPFL. A few years ago I was told by a then club chairman, "What Peter wants, Peter gets". They all knew that and they were all prepared to go along with it.

Regardless of Falkirk siding with us last year or not .....

F*** them, and every other b**tarding club.

I will not forgive or forget them for 2012, regardless of where they side now.

Here, for anyone who needs their memory jogged ..............

An extract ......

Falkirk, Raith Rovers and Morton have voiced their opposition to a Rangers newco joining them in Division One,

Time for Rangers to start speaking with all these clubs in the background, garner enough support and go for the throats.
We need to step up now and be at the forefront of changing Scottish football for good.
Time to take our rightful place as a force for good and a leading light in the game and get timmy back to heel where they belong.
Let's get this league wrapped up. All Rangers need to do for now, is be in the background and let the others know we'll have their back.

As mentioned above, it would probably be best if any resolution to oust the SPFL board came from someone other than Rangers as it would likely gain more support. It would probably be best to come from a Falkirk or Partick Thistle to take away the bias against big bad Rangers.

What we should probably do, and for all we know may be doing, is assist them in the background to ensure the best chance of success but before any resolution goes forward we need to be sure that it has enough support to oust Peters poodles, as I think we will only get one more chance at this for at least a couple of years.

100% agree.

We don’t know what ‘The Rangers Factor’ would be but I’d guess that there are still haters that would make it negative.

Let’s learn from ‘others’ and use our pawns. Thistle would be a good one given the sympathy for them last season.

Regardless of Falkirk siding with us last year or not .....

F*** them, and every other b**tarding club.

I will not forgive or forget them for 2012, regardless of where they side now.

Here, for anyone who needs their memory jogged ..............

An extract ......

Falkirk, Raith Rovers and Morton have voiced their opposition to a Rangers newco joining them in Division One,
Churchill worked with stalin, hardly a marriage made in heaven, but was for the greater good.

Either that or circle the wagons and we'll be stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

No need for your link to prove some point. We all know what happened.

For the ones that voted against the last time my heart says %^*& them my head says come on side, we all know who the enemies are here.

Churchill worked with stalin, hardly a marriage made in heaven, but was for the greater good.

Either that or circle the wagons and we'll be stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

No need for your link to prove some point. We all know what happened.

I stand by my point.

Churchill / Stalin is the same as our boardrooms in a kind of way , a bit like our board and Aberdeens board getting on just now, thats fine for them, and understandable and needed dare I say

But for me, a Joe Bloggs fan ... F*** them , I wont be 1 of them fans saying "well done" Falkirk, good statement or Falkirk are "all right".

Leave that to the boards

I stand by my point.

Churchill / Stalin is the same as our boardrooms in a kind of way , a bit like our board and Aberdeens board getting on just now, thats fine for them, and understandable and needed dare I say

But for me, a Joe Bloggs fan ... F*** them , I wont be 1 of them fans saying Falkirk are "all right"

Leave that to the boards
Thats what I'm doing. Never said any different.

Thats what I'm doing. Never said any different.
Not having a go mate. Just voicing my opinion, I literally hate all the clubs that put the boot in.
And if 1 or 2 go bust (even through no fault of their own), I wont shed a tear.

Like I said, just my opinion, not having a go mate.

ps ..... Ive had a stinker of a day, doesnt help.
F*** Falkirk B-)

Academical is correct but what genuinely annoys me about the clubs who are currently complaining and those who were complaining last year is that they sat quietly for many years and acquiesced with Lawell putting his placemen and cronies into virtually every important position within the SFA and SPFL. A few years ago I was told by a then club chairman, "What Peter wants, Peter gets". They all knew that and they were all prepared to go along with it.
He’s not really correct .

yes Hamilton voted to save themselves but their chairman also chose to stand next to lawwell to make a speech in defence of the spfl , in between rubbishing Rangers .

Double standards obviously refers to the tims.
We should get quietly on with the job of winning the league and let them all circle liewell, sfa and spfl

When will folk realise that when greasy sleekit mentally challengeds get their hands on something, anything, they inevitably turn it into dog shit. Scottish football is in the hands of this mentally challenged mafia, and it's staring down the barrel of a gun.
Sad that many of these outfits just couldn't put their hatred of us to one side, and vote with us for the common good. So %^*& them. Pig eye Pete will help you out.! Hahahahaha. Aye right.

Back