Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
WLrl4st.png

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing our team.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Goldson and Tav are the only 2 who start from Thursday's lineup.

Defoe, Itten, Barker, Hagi and Stewart will all be bursting for minutes in the forward positions.

Looking forward to a professional performance and a few goals.

Good performance, no injuries, stupid bookings or injuries will do nicely thank you.
Going 3-1 the Sons of William. C'mon the RANGERS!!!!!!

McLaughlin
Tavernier Balogun Helander Bassey
Zungu Kamara
Itten Hagi Barker
Defoe

No injuries hopefully and into the next round with zero fuss.

Same as what I think it would be, bar one.

I think Goldson will start instead of Balogun. Him & Tav never miss games.

Looking forward to seeing our team.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Goldson and Tav are the only 2 who start from Thursday's lineup.

Defoe, Itten, Barker, Hagi and Stewart will all be bursting for minutes in the forward positions.

Looking forward to a professional performance and a few goals.
Looking forward to seeing it too MU. If you are Patterson you are hoping for a start in this game. And I’d also like to see a pairing of Balogun and Helander. Bassey at left back. Midfield 3 of Zungu, Jack (if fit) and either Barjonas or Hagi. Then Itten, Barker and Defoe up top.

Looking forward to seeing it too MU. If you are Patterson you are hoping for a start in this game. And I’d also like to see a pairing of Balogun and Helander. Bassey at left back. Midfield 3 of Zungu, Jack (if fit) and either Barjonas or Hagi. Then Itten, Barker and Defoe up top.

Unfortunately Patterson is self isolating after being a close contact of an under 21 player that contracted the virus mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Bassey

Zungu
Aribo

Itten
Hagi
Barker

Defoe

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Bassey

Zungu
Aribo

Itten
Hagi
Barker

Defoe
Would be happy to see that lineup but I think he’ll pick Davis or Jack instead of Aribo as he always fancies having one of them protecting when Tav bombs forward

Would be happy to see that lineup but I think he’ll pick Davis or Jack instead of Aribo as he always fancies having one of them protecting when Tav bombs forward
Jack and Aribo are both out i think.

Start with a strong team and get the game won in first 60 mins then change it to rest the core guys. A win and clean sheet will do me.

Id expect at least 3/4 changes from Thursday night and some game time for a few of the fringe guys.
A comfortable win. No fuss, no hassle, no injuries and onto the next round

Didn’t know he had contracted it,I thought he was isolating because he had been in contact with someone who had at the under 21s.

Sorry mate, my mistake.

He was a close contact of one of the U-21 players who did.

Post edited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Think for this game it's vital that players such as Alan, connor, James, Scott, Ryan, Alfredo, kemar and borna get a rest and the we rely on the rest of the squad to get us a result, there more than able to do so.

I hope Kamara gets a rest, he’s played plenty football of late. I think we’ll need to start him though.
He got a rest last weekend did he not? He was also a sub in Finland's game the previous midweek to that I think.
I Think for this game it's vital that players such as Alan, connor, James, Scott, Ryan, Alfredo, kemar and borna get a rest and the we rely on the rest of the squad to get us a result, there more than able to do so.
Goldson, Roofe, Tav and Arfield all got a two week rest in the international 'break'. That was just last week.

We should be able to rest a few players,and give game time to others. Expect us to win comfortably.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Barjonas start.
Me either. Or Hagi the other side of Zungu in the middle in the role Aribo normally takes up.

I’ve got

———————McLaughlin

Tav*—--Goldson——Helander——Bassey

——Hagi————Zungu————Barjonas

———Itten——Defoe——Barker

*Would imagine that Tav would have got 45 minutes and then Patterson some time. Goldson as well with Edmundson if he wasn’t a pillock

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Bassey

Zungu
Kamara

Itten
Hagi
Barker

Defoe

5-0 Rangers
Defoe x3, Hagi and Itten

the team selection is definitely the most interesting aspect of the match.

Will SG start a strong side hoping to have the game locked up by half time then make substitutions?
Or start those in the squad who have been lacking quality minutes?

either way we’re going through

We don't tend to play well on these pitches. I'm sure we'll win but it won't be a great performance.

2 or 3 goals to nil. I think Itten scores. Personally I'd like to see Alfie play to get back among the goals but he won't unless needed from the bench.

This is exactly the kind of game we need to use our squad.

Expect 7 or 8 changes. I would rest McGregor, Goldson, Borna, Davis, Kent, Roofe, Alfie. IN McLaughlin, Helander, Bassey, Itten, Defoe, Barker, Hagi, Stewart.

Pity Patterson is out or this would have been an ideal game to rest Tav. Get the game won and get him off at half time with young Leon King or whoever filling in.

The pressure might be off, but still want to win this trophy. As Graeme Souness said, once the first trophy is in the bag then the rest will follow. Yes, a bit of rotation most definitely but just not weakened too much.

This is a must win for us. Falkirk will treat this as their cup final. If they defend with 10 men behind the ball it could be a long day like it was at Livingston. It will not be our first team, so even more important to score first and early. If Bassey plays he needs to get beyond the full back regularly and even score today.

Don't like the way some people are under paying this match today. Playing fringe players etc. We need to get the game won first and foremost. I still have shivers thinking of the night in McCoists first season where we were flying in the league. We went to Falkirk in the league Cup. Went two goals down only to claw it back with a goal in the last minute. They took centre, ran down the park and scored and put us out the cup. The result derailed our season.

Back