Famous Rangers fans.

I knew the family quite well, my mum grew up with Lulu's mum and dad and my bother was pally with Billy,
My sister was at school with Edwina ( Whitehill ), I never knew Gordon as They moved from Dennistoun when he was a kid.
Billy is a very successful song writer

I didn’t know that about Billy Robert. Yes Gordon went to Bannerman when they moved.

I was at that concert, ACDC were amazing, the support was Def Leopard, they were poor

Def Leppard supported them in 1979 on the Highway to Hell tour. Starfighters were the support band at that gig. I specifically remember that as Stevie Young (the nephew of Malcolm & Angus) played with them then.......you'll know he's now Malcolm's replacement in the band

Catriona Shearer is def a bear, she has sat next to me in the GR. She was winding up the staff at the beeb that she was going to call her baby Bluebell.
Amazed that Adrian Durham has not been mentioned, if he hasn't said he is then he should have an honourable mention.

I helped teach her as a classroom assistant years ago at Dykehead Primary in Shotts, as my pal was her teacher.
A few years back I said she was an attractive looking woman and my pal said to me” do you not remember her in my P6 class”.

Instantly stopped finding her attractive as I felt dirty:)

She will be a Gers fan,most of Shotts is!

I knew the family quite well, my mum grew up with Lulu's mum and dad and my bother was pally with Billy,
My sister was at school with Edwina ( Whitehill ), I never knew Gordon as They moved from Dennistoun when he was a kid.
Billy is a very successful song writer
I was in Gordons class at primary, don't remember him celebrating with the rest of us when we won CWC in 72 but then again he might have done.

I always remember watching an episode of "SAS-Are You Tough Enough" or something like that. One of these programs where ex members of the Hereford gun club demonstrate their tactics for certain of their "activities". This particular episode featured, amongst others, John McAleese and Eddie Stone demonstrating tactics related to close protection (bodyguards to you and I) and throughout the program Eddie Stone was wearing a Rangers tee shirt, actually a very smart tee shirt embossed with a picture of the famous gates at Ibrox. So please add Eddie Stone, ex SAS, to the list.

Heard Traceyanne was a bear but never seen any proof .
Someone said on Twitter in response to the Bands FC Partick/CO badge that they thought there were Rangers fans in the band. The Camera Obscura Twitter replied that there are two Rangers fans in the band and one St Pats Men’s club fan. Gavin is the Partick fan so I’m guessing Traceyanne and Kenny are the bluenoses, Lee the drummer supports the Pederasts?

Went to see Simple Minds play here in Florida last night fully expecting some reference to the Green Yin’s during the show. Never mentioned them once (or politics for that matter which makes a nice change).

However there was a fella in the crowd, late 50’s / early 60’s dressed in their full strip with an Irish Tricolour draped over his shoulders. Matching baseball cap to go with his rig out.

I always remember watching an episode of "SAS-Are You Tough Enough" or something like that. One of these programs where ex members of the Hereford gun club demonstrate their tactics for certain of their "activities". This particular episode featured, amongst others, John McAleese and Eddie Stone demonstrating tactics related to close protection (bodyguards to you and I) and throughout the program Eddie Stone was wearing a Rangers tee shirt, actually a very smart tee shirt embossed with a picture of the famous gates at Ibrox. So please add Eddie Stone, ex SAS, to the list.

Watched that exact episode mate, pretty sure it was the 2003 treble t-shirt.

Have Angus or Malcolm Young ever said they are Gers fans? I know their family were bears and I could believe it of Malcolm who appears to have been into football (although his skills in the Let There Be Rock video weren't that good lol) but I just can't see Angus being interested in sports. He doesn't seem the type.
See pictures of him in a Rangers jersey at Ibrox ,good while back

Went to see Simple Minds play here in Florida last night fully expecting some reference to the Green Yin’s during the show. Never mentioned them once (or politics for that matter which makes a nice change).

However there was a fella in the crowd, late 50’s / early 60’s dressed in their full strip with an Irish Tricolour draped over his shoulders. Matching baseball cap to go with his rig out.
Derek Forbes ex bass player for the minds is a big blue nose, used to love giving it tight to Jim.

Jim - Coronation Street (Charles Lawson)

images

Buffalo Bill.

Amy McDonald and that Jordan guy from River City are a pair cµnts with McDonald being double cµnt for being with a throbber like Rickie Foster.

See pictures of him in a Rangers jersey at Ibrox ,good while back
I remember this, it was Malcolm holding up a jersey for Angus and he had one on. I believe their father and older brother George were Rangers men. I think Malcolm followed Manu with leaning towards Rangers. Angus i'm unsure of, although I have seen the band in the 90's adidas with the three stripe shoulders.

Gordon’s 56, same as me. I didn’t know Billy. Lulu bought the family a house in Mount Vernon from her success & that’s when I went to school with him.
I was a few years behind at him at Bannerman, I remember he wore a suit instead of the school uniform and there was always a car waiting in the playgound to pick him up.

I was a few years behind at him at Bannerman, I remember he wore a suit instead of the school uniform and there was always a car waiting in the playgound to pick him up.

He was pretty grounded mate. He never ever acted the big guy in my company that I ever remember.

He did have a lot of different gear right enough. His sister must have been buying him stuff in London because it was different :D

I was in his year at Bannerman but I joined in 3rd year as I went to Cranhill first ;)

Back