Famous Rangers fans.

Hugh Grant
Tom Hiddleston

Just looked this up on Google. Turns out the later’s dad is from Greenock and he used to come up to see his grandad in holiday! We should wait till he gets the James Bond gig and then get him to do the halftime draw.

If either him or Dempsey came to a game I might even get the wife along!

The Nile.

My old office LOL

Wouldn't describe Carol as staunch, but definitely one of us :)

My dad and uncle were great mates with the late Billy Peterkin and still are with Billy Paton and Stewart Gilmour.

They were never out the place.

Sure I remember reading a piece from Alan McGee - Creation Records - bemoaning the lack of Gers fans in his industry and he mentioned the Reid brothers as being too mental in the head to be even into football.

Great band tho but there's nothing to suggest the nail their colours to either mast and they've been around since mid 80s
And Gillespie is a rabid mentally challenged lady's front bottom

Dennistoun's own Ford Kiernan of Still Game and formerly of Whitehill Secondary is a bluenose,his big fellow actor Hemphill is a rabid.

A few others..Hugh Grant,Tinchy Stryder,David Sneddon and Kenny Logan(his wife Gabby and Hayley McQueen have a fondness for the Gers too)
Good to hear, as I always thought Kiernan was a rattler.

this mark wright
BpIn9dvCAAEcmZZ.jpg
Prick!!!

Not you mate mark wright :D

Good to hear, as I always thought Kiernan was a rattler.

He is mate, but not bitter . My wife worked with him and he said to her while putting me in a headlock you still with this big hun!

The only time I would let someone away with that as he was just joking.

Gavin Hastings the rugby player has a picture of Hateleys celebration against the sheep.
Re Eastenders definitely had a bear somewhere in the team as there used to be a Gers team photo on the wall of the garage.

Hahahhaha crackin thread troops psml at some of the names, seriously hate how the famous prods keep it to themselves and don’t broadcast it like some of the mhanks like nutini and that wee prick Martin compost (Compston). Once saw captain Mark Phillips (princess Anne’s man) outside Ibrox at the front door with a few others talking to the security guy who does the front door at matchdays, it was my old man who saw him, I didn’t have a scooby who he was, it was the early 90’s, I was about 14 at the time or something. Was gonna say John Barrowman, someone else beat me, his family’s from good stock, I’d shag the big man once I found out they were all Gers fans. I’d rather be a poof than a Tim.;)

Last edited:
Hugh Grant is an “impassioned Fulham fan”, is he not ?

Four Weddings And A Funeral star Hugh Grant was one of thousands searching.

He told friends he had been trying to get his hands on tickets for the City of Manchester Stadium.

Grant is a supporter of Fulham and Rangers and is desperate not to miss the Light Blues playing a match of such significance in England.

A source close to the actor said: "He has tried everything. He is not a season ticket-holder but he's a big Rangers man and he does not want to miss them in the UEFA Cup Final, particularly in England

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/100000-rangers-fans-set-to-head-976896

James Earl Jones
Duncan Norvelle
Two thirds of The Thompson Twins (the pop group, not the fictional cartoon detectives - that would be ridiculous)
All of Legs & Co.

Brothers Thomson & Thompson are so obvioulsy staunch as f%^&.................. going by their choice of headwear. ;)

Those two well known broadcasters:

Davie Provan & Murdo MacLeod.....
I used to go to a pub in Dennistoun in the '80's where the had a Q&A with football players on a Tuesday night. Davie Proven was the guest one night and he was asked what team he supported...Rangers was the answer.

My bro in a law John Ballard is a big Rangers fan he is singer/songwriter but is only known in Sweden.

Paul Young (Shug the Lug from Still Game, not the singer) sat near where my granddad used to sit in the Club Deck.

The singer used to live round the corner from me in Luton. Went out with my older sister in 1972 when they were 15. Great bloke who never changed even when he made it 'big'. Sadly just lost his wife Stacey Young to Cancer recently a few weeks ago.

Paul alas, is not a football fan, always into his music too much.

Back