Famous Rangers fans.

Alan Frew born in Coatbridge (thank you Wikipedia but I'm still not giving you any money). I liked the acapella Sash and Derry's Walls.

lhn67788.jpg.6ac1f2dbc02a55b54f1995185823976b.thumb.jpg.6e8f800dfb79f099a2b77228c4041796.jpg

Still pumpable.

reading his book at the moment ,he is from a Rangers background but is not to kind about the one old firm game he attended
I remember many years ago when Simon Mayo did the breakfast show on Radio 1.

Jimmy Barnes was on it giving his prediction for the weekend for his team - and it was Rangers.

(Why am I on this thread? Neil Diamond on the telly - and thus far has had Lulu and Amy McDonald-Foster on).

Played for Hearts against us in McPhersons testimonial.

This was meant as a reply to a post claiming Gavin Hastings was a blue nose...............

Last edited:
Ian Astbury - singer from the Cult

Andy Stewart:D
Isn't it Billy Duffy from the Cult who is the blue nose? Who lived in Scotland.

Although not sure bears, if they were left-footers, we would know by now................Gregor Fisher and Alex Morton?

Although not sure bears, if they were left-footers, we would know by now................Gregor Fisher and Alex Morton?
Astbury lived in Scotland
Duffy supports Man City and never lived in Scotland.

I know Astburys ex wife. Can confirm he's a Bear.

Duffy is not only a Man City fan - good in my book - but also a Celtic fan/sympathiser :(

Him and Johnny Marr were best friends growing up - both of similar Mancunian Irish stock - and I swear I’ve read an article which details this and has a pic of the two of them respectively wearing some hooped horror back in the 80s.

Great guitarist tho mind.

Astbury’s mum’s side Scottish hence his Rangers leanings - tho again I’m sure I’ve read in the past he’s an Evertonian first and foremost

For some reason, it's usually the case that famous Rangers fans are reluctant to show their allegiances. I don't get it.
Whereas, filth followers wear their mentally challenged-ness as a badge of pride.
I should have posted this in the "famous people at Ibrox" thread but I actually saw Craig Ferguson outside Ibrox a couple of years ago. He was with a wee boy who I presume was his son decked out in full Rangers strip. Not Craig, he had a big brown coat on.

I should have posted this in the "famous people at Ibrox" thread but I actually saw Craig Ferguson outside Ibrox a couple of years ago. He was with a wee boy who I presume was his son decked out in full Rangers strip. Not Craig, he had a big brown coat on.
He's a bear by proxy B-D

Always thought that was weird from Ferguson, he's definitely a Rangers fan.
In the mockumentary film he made about being a gay Glasgow hairdresser who tricks his into taking part in the world hairdressing championships in Vegas, The Big Tease (very funny, btw), there's a scene where he arrives at the hotel and he's on the phone talking to his ma in Glasgow and say. "It a lovely hotel. They've put me in the Clinton Suite.......no, named after the president...no mum, look why would the name it after the old Rangers defender?!"

Drew Carey the American comedian/quizshow host has a cameo in it. He's also a Rangers fan. No idea how.

Gregor Fisher was brought up in the best Church of Scotland traditions in Neilston by adopted parents. He was in my sister’s class at Neilston Primary and Barrhead High. He was also in the Ist Neilston BB for years. He had, however, zero interest in football and I never heard him express an opinion either way on any team he might support.

Nah, it's Ian Astbury.

Has Gordon Ramsay ever visited for a game? I know he shot that segment for his show but never actually heard of him attending a match

For as long as I can remember celebrities who support Rangers have always been afraid to admit it in this country. I can see why they don’t want the hassle right enough as the slavering hoardes will stalk you and pester you until the day you die. You only need to look at the sickening online abuse Marc Warren, Gordon Reid and all ex or current Rangers players get from the filth.

Has Gordon Ramsay ever visited for a game? I know he shot that segment for his show but never actually heard of him attending a match
Before he was really famous his restaurant used to be closed on Saturdays. Apparently so he could go to Ibrox.

Back