Fan ownership of Rangers themed bars by fundraising ownership. Would you buy into and get shares?

Yeah I know the bar game from a music business point of view mate so a little different I admit, but, I ran venues and some fantastic gigs etc. I honestly believe with a football connection and a great PR team, a bar has massive potential.
All sounds easy but it is not. I have a pub and when I started 15 years ago everyone was asking if it was going to be a Rangers Pub.
I said yes if 20 of you will guarantee to be in at least 5 days a week. Needless to say it is not a Rangers Pub although because of my stance on such matters it is considered to be Rangers minded.
Location and demographics would be key.

Reactions: TQ3
All sounds easy but it is not. I have a pub and when I started 15 years ago everyone was asking if it was going to be a Rangers Pub.
I said yes if 20 of you will guarantee to be in at least 5 days a week. Needless to say it is not a Rangers Pub although because of my stance on such matters it is considered to be Rangers minded.
Location and demographics would be key.
I get you mate. I do believe with the correct location etc, massive potential. Where is your pub pal?

:)) :)) :))
What was I thinking, of course it would work, but you will need an experienced man to run the Hawaii branch! CV sent.:))
Oh my, my most recent ex is from Hawaii. Put shivers down my spine there mate. Don’t do that.

It is very easy to make sure those downsides you have mentioned don’t happen. Chains are easy to look after for one person even, they just visit each place once a month and visit accountant every few days. I’ve certain work and business experience to believe I’m correct, but I also appreciate folks experienced, may know more than me.
It would be easier if you have them close by to watch what is happening, but a staff member can take the takings at the end of a shift and be away before you open up in the morning. And nowadays all they need to do is use their own card machine to skim some extra dough. Table service makes that easier too. Then you have the sneaky staff gamblers who play the puggies from till money hoping they win before they have to pay it back, or the free beer to mates, and that’s before they take a bottle home every night! Even the glasses get stolen!
You would have to be a keen flyer to cover the bars in Rio, Delhi, and Baghdad.

The world is in financial free fall and you want people to invest in a pub? Aye I'm in but I have a few guys from Nigeria to reply to with bank details etc.., once thats done let's chat it through. They will be sending me thousands so I will then send it on to you to open a 200 capacity boozer in Castle Douglas.

Won’t need much word from our club. They have no right to stop anything supporter based. They only have a right if someone pretends they are them.
There was a pub in Torquay called The Old Firm, run by 2 pals. One a tink and the other a good guy. A decent wee boozer, they even had ex players open it.
Then Rangers and them sent them a threatening letter which they blanked as they thought it was a joke. Nope! They were forced to change the name, and cost them the business. They got some money out of the sale of the pub, but far less than they should have had due to solicitors fees etc.

There was a pub in Torquay called The Old Firm, run by 2 pals. One a tink and the other a good guy. A decent wee boozer, they even had ex players open it.
Then Rangers and them sent them a threatening letter which they blanked as they thought it was a joke. Nope! They were forced to change the name, and cost them the business. They got some money out of the sale of the pub, but far less than they should have had due to solicitors fees etc.
That’s because the Old Firm brand is copyrighted. That’s what makes me laugh once more at Celtic. They refuse to call us that now, they give stupid shite about it all, but the club, Celtic, this year, re signed copyright of the Old Firm name.

Reactions: TQ3
I think you’ve got your answer from the majority of the replies, OP, but you’re free to go ahead with it anyway if you’ve faith in the idea. Keep us up to date.

You can’t just go about trading off the back of other business trademarks, I’m surprised they didn’t sue the ass off him

I think you’ve got your answer from the majority of the replies, OP, but you’re free to go ahead with it anyway if you’ve faith in the idea. Keep us up to date.
The feed back is brilliant. I’m glad that nobody has taken the piss and have actually replied decent. I was worried I’d be ridiculed but it is and was a genuine thing I was asking. Because of mine and a good few friends background in PR stuff, I believe deeply that anything can be successful if marketed correctly.

It is very easy to make sure those downsides you have mentioned don’t happen. Chains are easy to look after for one person even, they just visit each place once a month and visit accountant every few days. I’ve certain work and business experience to believe I’m correct, but I also appreciate folks experienced, may know more than me.
If you are sure you are on to a winner then go after it pal.
I’m not sure you will have much luck hoping others will find the venture though just because of its Rangers supporting owner.

If there is the proper marketing and advertising set in place, a Rangers themed bar in certain areas would be a gold mine. I know marketing, Rangers are literally one of the best marketable names in the world. Massive literally.

We literally aren't.

The market would be holiday makers. The ex-pat market isnt big enough. We don't have enough local fans outside of ex-pats. We're not a Liverpool or Man Utd.

Back