Fan Survey on moving UB

Excellent step forward from the club. I don’t imagine there will be much resistance with current ST holders in BF3

Ultimately it’s for the good of the overall Ibrox atmosphere, in an ideal world we’d have a full broomloan front standing/singing section but until that happens we really need to get UB into BF3

Only issue I can foresee is flags given there’s a tv camera at the back of BF3 but easily navigated. Moving people will allow for people to request being sat beside friends etc which will have a positive impact on more than just those who want to move into BF3

What happens if they want to move again in the future?
They’d go through consultation with the club and if the club are willing to consider it, they’ll then survey fans in the area they’d like to move to?

Why would they? The central position behind a goalmouth is what all ultras want.

Delighted the club seem to be finally listening
The ultimate aim will always be the Copland front I’d imagine but the chances of that happening are virtually zilch

Broomloan is effectively the stand that generates the atmosphere now so placing UB in the middle of BF makes the most sense

Excellent step forward from the club. I don’t imagine there will be much resistance with current ST holders in BF3

Ultimately it’s for the good of the overall Ibrox atmosphere, in an ideal world we’d have a full broomloan front standing/singing section but until that happens we really need to get UB into BF3

Only issue I can foresee is flags given there’s a tv camera at the back of BF3 but easily navigated. Moving people will allow for people to request being sat beside friends etc which will have a positive impact on more than just those who want to move into BF3
There was a survey a few years ago asking Copland STs if they would move.
Most were point blank refusals

What the UBs want, the UBs get. Or the atmosphere suffers etc.
Absolute nonsense. They’ve asked the question, the club have consulted with them and now the club are surveying fans

Fans in that stand will have an input on whether it happens, if the UB got what they wanted there wouldn’t be any survey and they’d have been moved ages ago.

I don't foresee much opposition from current Broomie seat holders, would imagine they'd oblige.
If you were in sections either side for QOS game you may be surprised. Constant flag waving for 90 minutes meant you couldn’t see large parts of game. If you were a kid forget it. If you pay to be in that section it is what it is. But most don't pay a ST to have a flag obstructing their view. My ST seat that night was a restricted view seat.

There was a survey a few years ago asking Copland STs if they would move.
Most were point blank refusals
Which was their right and the club followed the correct process in asking the question

The club have sent out a survey to gather feedback which is the proper way to do it. Crystal Palace didn’t give fans the option and received criticism - rangers could do the same if they wanted but they’ve not

You’ll get the usual nonsense about how the UB call the shots etc when it’s clear the club are asking fans the question to gather feedback before giving a decision

I wonder what Rangers tolerance for opposition to this is, how many being against will it take to scupper it?

I would move them regardless.
Personally I think it’ll only be opposition from current BF3 ST holders that would scupper it. What % that would need to be is anyones guess

It’s all well and good having a majority of BF1/2/4/5 supporting it as people in those sections wouldn’t need to be moved unless they wanted to join the central singing section, if there’s enough resistance in BF3 then the club would have a difficult decision to make

That said, I honestly can’t foresee a huge amount of resistance

The ultimate aim will always be the Copland front I’d imagine but the chances of that happening are virtually zilch

Broomloan is effectively the stand that generates the atmosphere now so placing UB in the middle of BF makes the most sense
If we had a managing director that wasn't scared of some rather deluded individuals who seem to think they own "their seats" then it wou;dn't be a problem.
The club potentially moving them to BF3 screams half arsed as the Broomloan is not and never will be "The Rangers End".

Not sure if this has been covered before, although I know I've asked the question, but what happens if we draw them* in the Cup? I'm assuming they'd have an increased allocation, would it be the 2,700 Euro section or the whole Broomie?

Personally I think it’ll only be opposition from current BF3 ST holders that would scupper it. What % that would need to be is anyones guess

It’s all well and good having a majority of BF1/2/4/5 supporting it as people in those sections wouldn’t need to be moved unless they wanted to join the central singing section, if there’s enough resistance in BF3 then the club would have a difficult decision to make

That said, I honestly can’t foresee a huge amount of resistance
The 90 minutes flag waving means everyone outside front few rows either side will now have a restricted view seat. I'm in BF4 row V. My section also stands full game . QOS Cup game you didn't see large parts of game because of it. Attacking BF goal and you barely seen anything. If you had a kid which my mate did that night they seen next to nothing.

Not sure if this has been covered before, although I know I've asked the question, but what happens if we draw them* in the Cup? I'm assuming they'd have an increased allocation, would it be the 2,700 Euro section or the whole Broomie?
Don’t think the increased allocation thing is a rule anymore? We certainly didn’t get a bigger allocation for Aberdeen due to safety concerns

@rangeral will know

But ultimately those who tick the cccs box would get ahead of those that don’t

Back