Fan Survey on moving UB

Front and centre please!

But my only caveat is that the UB's own the songbook.

"For the Army and the Navy and the RAF", would be a start. Jimmy Sands is finally forgotten (fucked or not), we're no longer coming down any road and the Billy Boys is finally consigned to the past.

We learn and sing the proper words of The Cry and The Sash is sung without any fear of the infamous add-on.

And they continue to come up with the great new songs, which they've proven they can do.

On that basis, the Broomie Front is your lobster.

Jimmy Sands? Whits the boy on loan from NYC got to do with anything?

There are nowhere near 800 Union bears. I bet it’s not even half that. Those who want can stay and join in, those who don’t can accept the offer of a seat move. I don’t understand why people are moaning at this stage.
Would you accept the offer of a seat move to BF1? That’s the most likely outcome I’d say.

Brilliant attitude the day standards are being raised elsewhere.
You’re going off on one when you’ll not be moved if you’re back row of BF2.

You’re going on as if the UB are the anti-Christ who just run amok and do as they please. I’m pointing out your standard, normal fans also congregate and stand in the wrong seats at aways, euro aways and hampden. It’s not a big deal

You’re going off on one when you’ll not be moved if you’re back row of BF2.

You’re going on as if the UB are the anti-Christ who just run amok and do as they please. I’m pointing out your standard, normal fans also congregate and stand in the wrong seats at aways, euro aways and hampden. It’s not a big deal
Fair does, just seems anytime I come across them they are ignorant and entitled dicks including my son.

I’ve been in bf3 for over 6 seasons now and I’ve always said I’d happily move to accommodate the bears. I think what they do for the club is brilliant and the fact they’ve had to fight for this move for so long now is pretty crap from the club.

Let’s hope they get it in place for next season
Excellent post. You are thinking of the bigger picture instead of a wee bit of plastic which is the way to do it. Many others could take heed.

I suspect a good few will be unhappy at the result of this and even more so that it may genuinely be a fan vote against it that kills it.

In my experience, FF isn’t anywhere near a reflection of the average season ticket holder going to just watch the game.

That the vote is in the hands of the wider BF and not just BF3 hints at a bit of pre-determination in my opinion.

It’s also 5 days from AGM, it’s an uncomfortable question answered before the words are uttered.

It would depend. Some views in BF1 will be better than some in BF3.
It will depend on how Rangers handle the situation. They would need to go through it on an individual basis, actually actually offering named seats rather than leaving seat allocation to chance. I don‘t have much confidence of it being carried out in a fair and sensible manner but we‘ll see.

I suspect a good few will be unhappy at the result of this and even more so that it may genuinely be a fan vote against it that kills it.

In my experience, FF isn’t anywhere near a reflection of the average season ticket holder going to just watch the game.

That the vote is in the hands of the wider BF and not just BF3 hints at a bit of pre-determination in my opinion.

It’s also 5 days from AGM, it’s an uncomfortable question answered before the words are uttered.
That’s where I think you could be wrong, if majority of BF3 voted favourably (I.e current ST holders saying they’re happy to support and happy to be relocated), I think it would give the club the green light to do it regardless if BF2 and BF4 raised concerns

Just make the whole front section safe standing. I can see the point if they're in the middle and constantly waving flags, that it's not ideal for some.

Give the front up and there should be others in different areas of the stadium who would want to join in and who could have their seats used by people who prefer to sit from the broomie end.

That’s where I think you could be wrong, if majority of BF3 voted favourably (I.e current ST holders saying they’re happy to support and happy to be relocated), I think it would give the club the green light to do it regardless if BF2 and BF4 raised concerns
I think the hope the club will only look at BF3 results and discount the other sections is an optimistic one.

The first 10 rows behind directly behind the goal must be one of the worst views in the stadium, I can see alot of folk jumping at the opportunity to move.

I hope folk realise that a group in the middle of the stand could make a massive difference to the match day atmosphere, can anyone honestly say they enjoy home matches at the moment? A few special nights on the way to Seville that'll live long in the memory but league matches are shockingly bad, anything that improves it gets my vote.

You don't need to be an "ultra" or a fan of drums and megaphones to want a better matchday experience, having experienced matches at Hamburg, Lech Poznan, Red Star Belgrade etc you can see the benefit of having a group directly behind the goal.

The ultimate aim will always be the Copland front I’d imagine but the chances of that happening are virtually zilch

Broomloan is effectively the stand that generates the atmosphere now so placing UB in the middle of BF makes the most sense
Out of interest why would that be the ultimate aim and why are the chances low? Existing ticket holders not willing to move?

People keep mentioning the club giving a discount to those displaced. I can’t see the club taking a hit on income to accommodate this.

Out of interest why would that be the ultimate aim and why are the chances low? Existing ticket holders not willing to move?
Essentially that, yeah. The majority of BF stand at present anyway and all stand for the big games in Europe or against Celtic so it’s much easier just to move UB to BF3 and then free up BF1 to rejig the BF seating arrangements

Moving people to CF would cause all sorts of hassle because those displaced couldn’t then get alternative CF seats

The first 10 rows behind directly behind the goal must be one of the worst views in the stadium, I can see alot of folk jumping at the opportunity to move.

I hope folk realise that a group in the middle of the stand could make a massive difference to the match day atmosphere, can anyone honestly say they enjoy home matches at the moment? A few special nights on the way to Seville that'll live long in the memory but league matches are shockingly bad, anything that improves it gets my vote.

You don't need to be an "ultra" or a fan of drums and megaphones to want a better matchday experience, having experienced matches at Hamburg, Lech Poznan, Red Star Belgrade etc you can see the benefit of having a group directly behind the goal.
The main sticking point seems to be the tele flags now which I can completely understand. They’re a pain in the arse but I can tolerate them, for others it’s a complete deal breaker

The main sticking point seems to be the tele flags now which I can completely understand. They’re a pain in the arse but I can tolerate them, for others it’s a complete deal breaker
I'd like to think the group would come to a compromise with them if they were offered that section, perhaps only use them before KO instead of during the match etc?

I'd like to think the group would come to a compromise with them if they were offered that section, perhaps only use them before KO instead of during the match etc?
Doubt they’d agree to that, you’ve seen at aways domestically and in Europe they’ve got teles up most games. Be a shame if that’s what the deal breaker is but they’d get ridiculed off other teams if they agreed to a central section on the premise that teles don’t get put up during play

2 sticks are worse than the teles, didn’t mind it in lower leagues as it was more entertaining than watching the dross on the park but annoying as fuck in European matches or against Celtic

These flags were a nightmare at the qos game they were right across bf2 ,some of our group then moved to bf1 and the what's app consensus of the proposal is a unanimous no.

would be good news .

In reality, we merely rent a seat for the season, the club are perfectly allowed to move you if they see fit tbh.

Hopefully won’t come to that as it’s last resort stuff
Some people get too attached to a seat. For me the atmosphere comes 1st

Because the flags would do my box in mate. I go to watch the football. I would also be annoyed by the stupid drum and siren. If they dropped the siren in particular, and didn’t wave the flags during the game, id be far more open to it.
Can’t argue with that I suppose

Away games I make sure I’m out the way of the flags

The club need to grow a set with this and make this move happen.

That lot done it with their green brigade lot. Upset some ST holders by forcing them to relocate. IIRC offered them some discounted ST price for a season but it’s worked out in their best interests.

Our board need to do the same. You’ll always have folk whinging but if it improves the atmosphere then that comes before some greetin faced guys moaning about their blue plastic seat.

Force it through.
Offer those affected a slightly discounted ST elsewhere

Ibrox atmosphere improves and gives the UB chance to expand in the coming years which is badly needed and lays the foundations for the full BF to be safe standing

Dangerous precedent being set if people are moved for a fans group, especially when someone who is currently in the seat hasn’t got the opportunity to join the group. Would it not make sense to put them in the current away end and move away fans to the crap seats in the enclosure

I'm all for atmosphere. What I'm not for is not being able to see large parts of play because a 15 year old virgin is waving a flag for 90 minutes.

Seat swaps would resolve the issue. You could then stay away from the "15 year old virgins".

Seat swaps would resolve the issue. You could then stay away from the "15 year old virgins".
I'm not really near them in BF4 . The fact remains as was proven in QOS game that if they insist on flags for 90 most of BF becomes restricted view for people outwith that section. Are club going to sell these seats at a discount?

I'm not really near them in BF4 . The fact remains as was proven in QOS game that if they insist on flags for 90 most of BF becomes restricted view for people outwith that section. Are club going to sell these seats at a discount?

I guess they could as the seats are next to the "15 year old virgins".

Imagine the UB displays if they were moved to the Govan Front. ? It would be incredible. It would never happen, of course.

Back