Fan Survey on moving UB

Some people have managed to go through their whole lives with Ibrox relatively speaking the way it is, and the way they are. The idea that those people are lesser fans or less entitled to be in the stadium is why people think that most of the arguments stem from a place of misguided entitlement.
Completely agree. Even to request a move, knowing the disruption it would cause to those who dont want to move and may have sat there for years, reeks of entitlement. Especially since many will have been going to that seat since before members of the UB were born.

Nonsense I followed Rangers years before most of them were even born and i will still be following them long after they have gone.
Me too mate. I was being sarcastic. Its a riot of a situation. I taught several of them and some I still do. Guys in early teens trying to get 30 year ST holders to move. No wonder people are against it.

I am uncomfortable with a private members group who have cost the club over 100k in fines over the last 5 years dictating where they want to sit in the stadium and having more of a say that another fan.
Likewise away from home they march about like they own the away end and wave flags about resulting in other people not seeing the game. You just have to look over at Celtic and see what happens when fans groups get too long a leash

That is some post.

"A private members group...dictating"?

"They march around like they own the away end"?

"See what happens when fans groups get too long a leash"?

I guess you really must hate these fans?

Me too mate. I was being sarcastic. Its a riot of a situation. I taught several of them and some I still do. Guys in early teens trying to get 30 year ST holders to move. No wonder people are against it.

Maybe the club should just ban them completely.

That corner is ideal for away fans. I’d build Perspex over them as well. Any visiting fans shouldn’t get the barrier outside after the game either all should be held in for 45 minutes after each game to let bears leave safely
It can’t be ideal if there is a barrier there, put away fans in BF1 and keep them 10/15 minutes after the end ( if needed)
Ibrox would look so much better with the flow of bears all the way round rather that segregated gaps between fans.

And this isn’t just isolated to Ibrox i was at Livingston away and was told to moved to let one of the ‘members’ in so they could all sit together behind the goal.

The best place for Union bears would be the middle of the govan stand, middle of rhe stadium and constantly on the tv cameras.
Consult gf4 about moving and see what they say.

That is the best place for them and it could be done. All the club needs to do is issue rover tickets for the GF for one season then invite anyone wanting to relocate there to apply for a seat swap. Anyone wanting out can move too, IF THEY WANT.

Wrong. Im not in the UB. I used to stand in the Derry back in the late 60s early 70s and I remember how much fun and excitement it generated even in shit games with less than 20k fans. Back then people had a choice of where to go.

What I dont remember was anyone complaining about the singing or waving of flags. In fact sonetimes that was all there was to talk about on the way home.

One of my favourite Rangers' pictures is from the flag day we held with the terracing a sea of red, white and blue.

Young fans love the noise and spectacle.
That is some post.

"A private members group...dictating"?

"They march around like they own the away end"?

"See what happens when fans groups get too long a leash"?

I guess you really must hate these fans?

I do dislike them. They cost the club an utter fortune including being a huge part of the reason we got a partial stadium ban a few years ago. At away games they are completely self entitled and don’t give a toss about how they affect other fans. In terms of it being a private members group it is. Nobody they are wanting moved is allowed to join the group

Maybe the club should just ban them completely.
Or maybe they should just leave them where they are? It will make no difference to the generic game and the big atmosphere games are because of the team, see the seville run for that.

If you are so pro it, id guess it’s because it doesn’t impact you. In which case, why not offer to swap seats with someone it does to do your bit?

It can’t be ideal if there is a barrier there, put away fans in BF1 and keep them 10/15 minutes after the end ( if needed)
Ibrox would look so much better with the flow of bears all the way round rather that segregated gaps between fans.
There’s no chance of the away section ever changing. Security wise, access wise , it’s as good as it’s going to get. Far more pressing changes needed than the 800 away fans.

Good to see that the slight mention of the UB on here has brought out the usual characters who hate them with every fibre of their being.
I dont hate them at all. I think they do great things. Im just not willing to have my personal experience of the games made worse so they can get what they want. If 2 folk in another section want to swap with me and vote yes, then thats no problem.

I do dislike them. They cost the club an utter fortune including being a huge part of the reason we got a partial stadium ban a few years ago. At away games they are completely self entitled and don’t give a toss about how they affect other fans. In terms of it being a private members group it is. Nobody they are wanting moved is allowed to join the group

"Nobody they are wanting moved is allowed to join the group"? That makes no sense. If they "allowed" them to join the group they wouldnt need to move. They'd be in the group.

At away games they bring excitement and colour. They bring atmosphere for everyone.

Incidentally, a singing section isnt just for the UB. The idea of moving is to attract more people.

I love the tifos but id sacrifice them to see the game unburdened by a flag all day long mate

You should move to another area and let those that enjoy creating an atmosphere to get on with it. CD, Main Stand, Enclosures, Copland, Govan etc. 45,000 seats would suit you better.

There are various alternatives. Smaller flags, all down the front, banners rather than flags, the twirling of scarves, certain agreed points.

With dialogue it can all be sorted out no problem.
If the UB’s were moved to the the away corner there is loads if space on the wall above and the jumbo tron for banners snd flags etc :cool:

You should move to another area and let those that enjoy creating an atmosphere to get on with it. CD, Main Stand, Enclosures, Copland, Govan etc. 45,000 seats would suit you better.
I should move away from the crowd i have sat with for years so you can sit from afar and see a better atmosphere? Unlikely. As i said, if you have 2 together in a section, then offer to swap with those of us who dont want to be next to them. Something tells me you won’t

Submitted my response - my son and I are in BF4 row G on the aisle across from BF3.

I’m all for moving the UB to BF3 but I’ve asked that I’m relocated away from BF completely if that’s the case. I can’t stand a full game and I reckon i’m going to see hee haw when the ball is in the left wing attacking area or even the box.
Its a great point, young kids and older adults can’t, I sat in BF3 6 rows from the front last season with my 82 year old father in law and he hardly saw any of tge game with fans standing.
I really can’t see how this will work tbh.

"Nobody they are wanting moved is allowed to join the group"? That makes no sense. If they "allowed" them to join the group they wouldnt need to move. They'd be in the group.

At away games they bring excitement and colour. They bring atmosphere for everyone.

Incidentally, a singing section isnt just for the UB. The idea of moving is to attract more people.

I asked the question before if someone in the seats they are wanting to move to wants to stay and join the UB and I was told they couldn’t and it was essentially a closed shop

I think the UB would get better treatment from the Green Brigade.
Nobody hates the Rangers support more than itself.

Completely tragic to be honest. Same people who probably lap up the pyro-show that lined the Clyde when we won the league, and love the tifos don’t want to give the group responsible the platform to grow to greater strengths.

For what it’s worth, I’m not in the UB nor do I sit in the Broomloan front. It’s not my place to tell people what to do with their votes in the survey.

Its a great point, young kids and older adults can’t, I sat in BF3 6 rows from the front last season with my 82 year old father in law and he hardly saw any of tge game with fans standing.
I really can’t see how this will work tbh.

Oh dear. I used to post examples like this.

No one who cant stand should be in such an area.

What about people with piles who cant sit for 90 minutes?

Where is he getting this seat? There are no spare seats currently with 46k ST holders.

People move out and people move in. If we created a proper singing section then lots of ST holders will move. Isnt that obvious?

Where is he getting this seat? There are no spare seats currently with 46k ST holders.
Im sure the poster in question is just working out the logistics of asking to swap his 2 seats for mine so he can add to the atmosphere mate.

That, or he is preaching at folk because does impact him and therefore is easy to do

People move out and people move in. If we created a proper singing section then lots of ST holders will move. Isnt that obvious?
As it stands there is nowhere to go. This is moving BF1 to middle. The people that actually have ST in BF not in that section are telling you the issues. Rangers aren't proposing moving the full BF out to make it all UB. An old man shouldn't be in there either should young kids according to you. But they are and paid . The issue is the flags for 90 in middle mean people that have paid money won't see the game properly.

They should be relocated to the front and centre of the govan front so they can be seen and heard by all, especially on tv. They should also have more big flags to wave or even given the freedom to sit wherever they want. They should be able to just turn up early and decide where in the stadium they want to sit and if they are in your seat then that’s just tough luck, you’ll need to go and find some where else to sit.

Just my view but I don't go to Ibrox for the atmosphere I go to watch my team playing.If I want to sing I will but that's my choice.
Thats my take too mate. The atmosphere is generated in the stands by what happens on the pitch. I didn’t leave dortmund, braga, leibzig etc thinking ‘thank god we had the ub’.

That said, i love being part of the tifos. As i am currently with the status quo

As it stands there is nowhere to go. This is moving BF1 to middle. The people that actually have ST in BF not in that section are telling you the issues. Rangers aren't proposing moving the full BF out to make it all UB. An old man shouldn't be in there either should young kids. The issue is the flags for 90 in middle mean people that have paid money won't see the game properly.

And people "who have paid money" dont get to enjoy supporting the team the way they want. Steven Gerrard mentioned the atmosphere and how it helps the team. As for flags? Have you seen the kop?

Just my view but I don't go to Ibrox for the atmosphere I go to watch my team playing.If I want to sing I will but that's my choice.

No one is forcing you to sing or stand or wave a flag.

However it seems some dont want others to enjoy doing these things.

Do Rangers not understand how many young supporters we could be losing because Ibrox is so pathetic?

And people "who have paid money" dont get to enjoy supporting the team the way they want. Steven Gerrard mentioned the atmosphere and how it helps the team. As for flags? Have you seen the kop?
To quote your earlier point mate, why dont you just move to the Kop then and let the rest of us enjoy the game?

See how daft that sounds?

No one is forcing you to sing or stand or wave a flag.

However it seems some dont want others to enjoy doing these things.

Do Rangers not understand how many young supporters we could be losing because Ibrox is so pathetic?
Literally none. There is a waiting list and people cant get their kids a seat as it is. This will make absolutely no difference. None at all.

I was at Anfield for our game. They didn't have it for 90 minutes. Every single person not in BF would say the same thing if they got the view we did for QOS game in their part of ground. No flags for 90 minutes I have no issues with it at all. Flags before game couple of minutes in. HT and 5/10 minutes before end. Again no issues. You can't have people paying for ST to have their view obstructed for 90 minutes making their ST a restricted view.

Thats my take too mate. The atmosphere is generated in the stands by what happens on the pitch. I didn’t leave dortmund, braga, leibzig etc thinking ‘thank god we had the ub’.

That said, i love being part of the tifos. As i am currently with the status quo

You' repart of the tifos? What about those sitting behind you that "have paid money" but cant see the teams coming out on to the park? Are you "entitled"?

Apparently it’s a closed shop and basically they only let people in who they trust etc so basically mates of existing members. You can’t just join and sit in that section
Every season they are advertising for moves in to the section. You don’t need to be a UB member to be in the section. I think there’s been wires crossed somewhere.

Literally none. There is a waiting list and people cant get their kids a seat as it is. This will make absolutely no difference. None at all.

You are so wrong, again. Ive just spoken to someone on here who's son gave up and I worked with a die hard female Rangers fan who's son stopped going to Ibrox because he said it was boring. She's gutted because he goes to Parkhead now.

You' repart of the tifos? What about those sitting behind you that "have paid money" but cant see the teams coming out on to the park? Are you "entitled"?
If you go to the game you would know that any tifo that takes in BF4, covers effectively the entire broomy. And, its done pre match. So it blocks no view of the game.

Nice try about the entitlement argument though. Since its the UB that make, and i am just one of many that sit under them, it seems you are calling them entitled. That wont go down well on here

Back