Fan Survey on moving UB

You are so wrong, again. Ive just spoken to someone on here who's son gave up and I worked with a die hard female Rangers fan who's son stopped going to Ibrox because he said it was boring. She's gutted because he goes to Parkhead now.
And i know my son and best mates 2 sons who cant get tickets. So that would be 3 kids buzzing to go vs the 2 who apparently gave it up. So, no. Im not wrong. Otherwise we wouldn’t have a waiting list.

I was at Anfield for our game. They didn't have it for 90 minutes. Every single person not in BF would say the same thing if they got the view we did for QOS game in their part of ground. No flags for 90 minutes I have no issues with it at all. Flags before game couple of minutes in. HT and 5/10 minutes before end. Again no issues. You can't have people paying for ST to have their view obstructed for 90 minutes making their ST a restricted view.

I lived in Anfield for 2 years. I know all about the kop. I literally lived in the street behind it. Oswestry Street.

And i know my son and best mates 2 sons who cant get tickets. So that would be 3 kids buzzing to go vs the 2 who apparently gave it up. So, no. Im not wrong. Otherwise we wouldn’t have a waiting list.

They wont be buzzing when they get tickets. They'll probably leave on 80 minutes because its so bad.

No one is forcing you to sing or stand or wave a flag.

However it seems some dont want others to enjoy doing these things.

Do Rangers not understand how many young supporters we could be losing because Ibrox is so pathetic?
Hear what you are saying but those big flags are a problem if they stop other fans seeing the field of play.
I am not convinced the club will be worried about losing some younger fans as I'm sure they will have plenty who would take the tickets.
So are you saying younger UB's will stop going and supporting the team if they can't do what they are presently doing.?

They wont be buzzing when they get tickets. They'll probably leave on 80 minutes because its so bad.
Well, they wont. Just like the majority of others dont. As ive said, if you want to swap with someone who doesn’t want to sit near them then make it happen rather than telling others how to enjoy their ST.

Rangers should move lads about the ground. See how everyone else all for it enjoys not being able to see large parts of game even though they aren't even in the same section as UB.
My only issue with it is that. Nothing else.

Hear what you are saying but those big flags are a problem if they stop other fans seeing the field of play.
I am not convinced the club will be worried about losing some younger fans as I'm sure they will have plenty who would take the tickets.
So are you saying younger UB's will stop going and supporting the team if they can't do what they are presently doing.?

Ive literally had a PM from someone in the last half hour saying his kid gave up.

Anyway. Carry on with the pathetic atmosphere. Its obvious Stewart Robertson and co are totally clueless about football fan culture. Msybe they'll bring back the 3 Tenors and give us an updated megamix to enjoy.

Im out.

Because the flags would do my box in mate. I go to watch the football. I would also be annoyed by the stupid drum and siren. If they dropped the siren in particular, and didn’t wave the flags during the game, id be far more open to it.
Definitely

I'd like to think a compromise can be reached if they get a move.

Hope this is a go-er for the UB. Fans in the middle of the goal will probably encourage a better atmosphere. All for it.

Good luck to the UB with the vote, whatever the result I hope other fans who don’t hold an affinity for the UB are treated with more grace than they have been on this thread.

The best place for Union bears would be the middle of the govan stand, middle of rhe stadium and constantly on the tv cameras.
Consult gf4 about moving and see what they say.
That’s the thing, most who are in favour of this won’t be inconvenienced. i.e moved to an inferior seat.
And before anyone starts, I think the UB create an amazing atmosphere because the place would be silent mostly without them.

The survey is a bit naff. No information whatsoever. Going by this thread I was thinking a straightforward move from BF1 to BF3. When it is actually stating a central singing section which could be BF 2,3,4.

I would need more meat on the bones before agreeing with any decision that could see me sitting in a shit seat, soaked to the skin with a huge flag blocking my view of the goalmouth and one corner of the pitch. Maybe selfish but would detract from my match day experience of watching my team.

You can just see this ending up more divisive as the dummies will be out the pram on both sides of the argument.

They’ve asked the club, the club have then went through consultation and decided to send out a survey

Everyone will get their say. Can’t get much fairer than what’s happening
The thing is though it’s only a small percentage of fans that sit in that area. The vast majority of the stadium, who don’t sit there, will no doubt vote for it.
Is that not unfair.?
People shouldn’t misinterpret fans who don’t want to be moved from that arena that they’re against improving the atmosphere.Far from it.
Without the UB Ibrox would be quiet most Saturdays so I’m all for them.
Why not give the UB the corner where the away support is.? Basically swap over.?
They would still get exposure to tv cameras in that area and still create their unique atmosphere.

Last edited:
If you were in sections either side for QOS game you may be surprised. Constant flag waving for 90 minutes meant you couldn’t see large parts of game. If you were a kid forget it. If you pay to be in that section it is what it is. But most don't pay a ST to have a flag obstructing their view. My ST seat that night was a restricted view seat.
Watch it on the telly then

Surely the fans who sing the most, show the most passion, should get their pick of the ground. That’s pretty much how it worked in the old days

Disgrace of a comment

Hopefully you’ll be told you’ve no choice for the greater good of the team but to move. Maybe with a discount applied for a season. Nobody owns their seat.
The club are not going to alienate fans by forcing a move on them. Unless a vast majority of BF3 agree, this ain't happening. If it does go ahead it will be with strings attached regarding flags as the club dont want the hassle that would come with hundreds of fans being unable to see goalmouth action.

Not filled it in yet still need to decide if I would want to move or purchase my black hoodie and bounce about for 90 minutes. What's the maximum age for joining the UB's?

You are so wrong, again. Ive just spoken to someone on here who's son gave up and I worked with a die hard female Rangers fan who's son stopped going to Ibrox because he said it was boring. She's gutted because he goes to Parkhead now.

Haha I don’t think he will be missed if he wasn’t a real fan in the first place. Does he become a Motherwell fan if they suddenly have better ultra section next season. Sounds like a banger

I’m all for it. I sit in the Main Stand.
Then you won’t have to be concerned about moving to another seat that’s possibly not as good as your current seat.??

I’m all for creating a better atmosphere, but if fans are happy where they are and a wee bit peeved that they could be getting moved to possibly the front row at the corner of BF1 next season then they should be taking into account also.

Again I say Ibrox wouldn’t be the same without the UB.

Last edited:
TBH that is only way it works. But there is nowhere to move the other ST holders in BF.
Yeah you right mate, it will never happen. I was in the East enclosure when it was terracing then moved to BF a couple,of years after the seats went in. Im 51 and I yearn for the days you could stand at the football but appreciate not everyone can.

As said on here, I’ve a feeling the survey is only to placate sections of the support ahead of the AGM. To be fair to the club, whatever the outcome, at least they have given supporters a chance to give their opinion.

It would be great if they could get the old capo, big Ross back for the first game after the new move. Get the whole section to participate , all in black, Ross at the front with the megaphone and tight black muscle T shirt guns out for the cameras. Will be a really powerful looking image and signify how far the group have come.

Surely the fans who sing the most, show the most passion, should get their pick of the ground. That’s pretty much how it worked in the old days
You’re partly right, the Main Stand was seated. Some on the terracing moved at half time and the young team tended to go into the Shed at the end of what is now the SJ Stand.

The only option here is to make The Whole of the Broomloan Front a standing section. Anyone who wants to move can be offered an alternative seat.

No point in consultations or anything it’s up to the club to commit to a standing section.

It would be great if they could get the old capo, big Ross back for the first game after the new move. Get the whole section to participate , all in black, Ross at the front with the megaphone and tight black muscle T shirt guns out for the cameras. Will be a really powerful looking image and signify how far the group have come.
Wee bit homoerotic that one. Still I’m all for Everyone, Anyone.

Fucking hell :))

I've never cringed so much in my life man hahahaha

Easy tiger

Lots of comments about flags and views being blocked. Go to any ultras section in Europe and it's the same scenario so it's not unique to UB.

That is the whole point of this section, a dedicated area where fans can wave flags and sing and bounce and whatever else. That way if its no your cuppa tea you can sit in the other 95% of Ibrox and can worry about the temperature of your hot dog and shout I wank dugs in relative safety from the big flags.

Ibrox should be accommodating for all types of fans, no less the area which will actively attract the younger generations of fans coming through where they can channel their energy and passion.

Why is it we seem to be the only club in the world that doesnt want a proper singing section? Its absolutely pathetic. Almost as if we prefer being outdone by our enemies.
I will be honest. I never have and never will care about what other fans do. I only care about the team and the results. Opposition fans…honestly who cares. I’d take a crap atmosphere and winning than a good atmosphere and losing.

Back