Fan Survey on moving UB

You are so wrong, again. Ive just spoken to someone on here who's son gave up and I worked with a die hard female Rangers fan who's son stopped going to Ibrox because he said it was boring. She's gutted because he goes to Parkhead now.
Sounds like something straight off KDS. Either he’s a wee prick who would’ve jumped the shark anyway, or the whole story is completely made up.

Lots of comments about flags and views being blocked. Go to any ultras section in Europe and it's the same scenario so it's not unique to UB.

That is the whole point of this section, a dedicated area where fans can wave flags and sing and bounce and whatever else. That way if its no your cuppa tea you can sit in the other 95% of Ibrox and can worry about the temperature of your hot dog and shout I wank dugs in relative safety from the big flags.

Ibrox should be accommodating for all types of fans, no less the area which will actively attract the younger generations of fans coming through where they can channel their energy and passion.
So the rest of stand that aren't in the UB need to suffer? Kids that have ST can't see any of game? Rangers either give the UB the full front stand which is impossible as they can't relocate the rest of BF that aren't in UB. Or they keep them where they are. 3rd option is they give everyone else in stand a restricted view discount as that what their ST will now be with flags for 90 minutes.

You’re partly right, the Main Stand was seated. Some on the terracing moved at half time and the young team tended to go into the Shed at the end of what is now the SJ Stand.

The only option here is to make The Whole of the Broomloan Front a standing section. Anyone who wants to move can be offered an alternative seat.

No point in consultations or anything it’s up to the club to commit to a standing section.
Thats the only way this move will happen imo.

The 90 minutes flag waving means everyone outside front few rows either side will now have a restricted view seat. I'm in BF4 row V. My section also stands full game . QOS Cup game you didn't see large parts of game because of it. Attacking BF goal and you barely seen anything. If you had a kid which my mate did that night they seen next to nothing.
You’ll find your in the wrong for wanting to watch the game mate ,in many’s eyes

Last edited:
You are so wrong, again. Ive just spoken to someone on here who's son gave up and I worked with a die hard female Rangers fan who's son stopped going to Ibrox because he said it was boring. She's gutted because he goes to Parkhead now.
This just has to be absolute bullshit.

No diehard Rangers fan loses their wean to the mentally challengeds particularly over the atmosphere, parkheads hardly Galatasaray levels of intimidation ffs.

Lots of comments about flags and views being blocked. Go to any ultras section in Europe and it's the same scenario so it's not unique to UB.

That is the whole point of this section, a dedicated area where fans can wave flags and sing and bounce and whatever else. That way if its no your cuppa tea you can sit in the other 95% of Ibrox and can worry about the temperature of your hot dog and shout I wank dugs in relative safety from the big flags.

Ibrox should be accommodating for all types of fans, no less the area which will actively attract the younger generations of fans coming through where they can channel their energy and passion.
And there we have it. Fvck everyone else, we want moved don't care if you cannot see, away and tell people how you wank dogs. We are the greatest Rangers fans of all time , so make way for us. Is this roughly what you mean?

And there we have it. Fvck everyone else, we want moved don't care if you cannot see, away and tell people how you wank dogs. We are the greatest Rangers fans of all time , so make way for us. Is this roughly what you mean?
It's not really a %^*& everyone else statement though is it? Majority of big clubs in Europe have a dedicated standing/singing section behind the goals, even English Premier league clubs have safe standing, the board have been asked about safe standing at countless previous AGMs and it falls on deaf ears it seems, there will be folk in BF3 that would jump at the chance of a seat move.

I currently sit in main stand rear, and I'd be more than happy to swap with someone in BF3 if UB get that section, I'm sure there will be many in the same situation as myself.

I'm bored listening to folk behind me screaming abuse at the players, Ibrox can be toxic at times.

Just helped me make up my mind on the answers to the survey.

I would really like this to happen if it was restricted to BF3 and everyone affected was given a suitable option and there was a compromise with the flags.

Just not enough substance to the survey.

Last edited:
This will always be a divisive topic.

On one hand you have the UB who absolute improve the atmosphere on match days. But at the end of the day they are season ticket holders like all the others in the stadium and any move would have an impact on others.

If the club simply enforce a move we will lose supporters. Yes people will say that the tickets will get covered from the waiting list but it’s a shite way to treat loyal fans who have probably held tickets for a long time.

If fans being moved are disadvantaged in terms of seat view etc they should be compensated if they choose to stay.

I have had my ticket since 98 and if I was told that all of a sudden I’m moving to accommodate an other fans, I’d be gutted and raging.

It would be great if they could get the old capo, big Ross back for the first game after the new move. Get the whole section to participate , all in black, Ross at the front with the megaphone and tight black muscle T shirt guns out for the cameras. Will be a really powerful looking image and signify how far the group have come.
My goodness, you’ve lost the plot big man.

I’m sure there was a previous poster who used to bang on about his muscles anaw before mysteriously disappearing from the forum:))

Sounds like something straight off KDS. Either he’s a wee prick who would’ve jumped the shark anyway, or the whole story is completely made up.

Funny how many times you read posts like this on here about stuff being made up. I cant think of any reason why someone would simply make something up.

For your info the woman Im referring to was a Community Development Officer called Eleanor. I worked with her in Larkhall Academy setting up a community based film club called Looniversal Studios. This was back in 1996.

Of course I might have just made this up.

I hope the UB get to move to a more central and visible location, they are the heartbeat of the atmosphere for home games and sticking them in the corner is not making the best of what they can offer to the overall matchday experience.

Remember the days of the group of guys with the trumpets etc. Can’t mind what they were called as was about 20 years ago. But I do think the Union Bears should get to a more central location.

So the rest of stand that aren't in the UB need to suffer? Kids that have ST can't see any of game? Rangers either give the UB the full front stand which is impossible as they can't relocate the rest of BF that aren't in UB. Or they keep them where they are. 3rd option is they give everyone else in stand a restricted view discount as that what their ST will now be with flags for 90 minutes.
The best arrangement would be for the UB to be housed in the current away corner of the stadium. No restricted view for others there, and a better position in the stadium for them to create an atmosphere.

The away fans can be housed in BR1 or something, out of sight and out of mind

I think the next step in the process will be to survey the rest of the stadium.

Club 1872’s survey back in 2018 had 2300 supporters who said they would participate in a safe standing section.

It will then be a process of removing those people from the BF who aren’t interested and swapping them directly with those who want to move in. That’s the next logical step once the results for the BF survey are in.

Entirety of the BF turned into standing with the UB leading from the front and centre with like-minded individuals spread across the stand.

Funny how many times you read posts like this on here about stuff being made up. I cant think of any reason why someone would simply make something up.

For your info the woman Im referring to was a Community Development Officer called Eleanor. I worked with her in Larkhall Academy setting up a community based film club called Looniversal Studios. This was back in 1996.

Makes no difference to me. Her son jumped the dyke and we are better off without him. Simple

I actually think they make the atmosphere worse.

Droning away in the corner with tedious dirge-like songs about Bobby Sands and Northern Ireland, relentlessly banging that fcking drum while the rest of the stadium sits in silence....it just heightens how poor the atmosphere is - and that's partly due to a couple of things; the unrelentingly boring nature of Scottish football and the poor football we are playing. Its often pretty hard to get excited watching a glorified training game where one team has to break down a 10 man defence. Totally different atmosphere on a euro night when the football is exciting and there is a genuine competition happening, on the field. Then the atmosphere is amazing.

Droning away in the corner with tedious dirge-like songs about Bobby Sands and Northern Ireland, relentlessly banging that fcking drum while the rest of the stadium sits in silence....it just heightens how poor the atmosphere is - and that's partly due to a couple of things; the unrelentingly boring nature of Scottish football and the poor football we are playing. Its often pretty hard to get excited watching a glorified training game where one team has to break down a 10 man defence. Totally different atmosphere on a euro night when the football is exciting and there is a genuine competition happening, on the field. Then the atmosphere is amazing.
That's the spirit.

The best arrangement would be for the UB to be housed in the current away corner of the stadium. No restricted view for others there, and a better position in the stadium for them to create an atmosphere.

The away fans can be housed in BR1 or something, out of sight and out of mind
This would be the perfect solution in my opinion.

Aye, I would love to sit in a silent Ibrox on a freezing winters day for 90 minutes

This would be the perfect solution in my opinion.
No chance of the away fans ever being placed anywhere other than where they currently go.

You put Celtic, aberdeen or hibs in the broomloan rear you’ll get them throwing coins etc down into the tier below. Plus they’d be right next to all the families in the family stand with young bear cubs. Not something we would ever allow.

The current away fan section is here to stay.

so someone jumped the dyke over a quarter of a century ago?

Hope they get their move, well deserved. Some of the tifos in recent years have been tremendous, especially the Walter Smith one which was done in such a short space of time, the match day atmosphere is toxic and BF1 is a poor section for them.

Hardly surprising to see the usual bangers in here slagging them off.
Those 'bangers' are fellow supporters and are entitled to their opinion as much as you.

You've pretty much used an example of a unique thing that's all the better for its uniqueness there. If you and your family gathered every week and had the same big meal, it'd lessen the specialness of it.

That's why I have egg and chips every night for dinner then on a sunday I have egg, chips and beans. Sundays are so special.

Sounds a good idea however just keep the guy with the drum away from hospitality.
We need to make as much noise as we can(no banned songs which just draws attention to us which we dont need)
Also if everybody had a blue flag and really give us a blue sea all round the park.
Maybe issue a leaflet to all with songs to be sung at certain minutes during the game ..... maybe getting a bit carried away on that last one.
At times it is also good to have as much noise as possible when we have a spell in the game when things are a bit flat to get us going again.
Getting the UBs where they do most good is great but dont forget the disabled and also improve their area.

Those 'bangers' are fellow supporters and are entitled to their opinion as much as you.

They are entitled to their opinion and they're entitled to watch the game in silence and with an unobstructed view.

Likewise the couple of thousand who want to back the team by singing and waving flags have a right to do so.

They are entitled to their opinion and they're entitled to watch the game in silence and with an unobstructed view.

Likewise the couple of thousand who want to back the team by singing and waving flags have a right to do so.
I never said anything about the UB's rights I was more concerned about calling fellow fans 'bangers' in this instance.
There are times when that phrase would be applicable though. B-D

No chance of the away fans ever being placed anywhere other than where they currently go.

You put Celtic, aberdeen or hibs in the broomloan rear you’ll get them throwing coins etc down into the tier below. Plus they’d be right next to all the families in the family stand with young bear cubs. Not something we would ever allow.

The current away fan section is here to stay.

Things can and do change. Like stopping the tims having the Broomloan.

In my opinion Id put the away fans in the far end of the WE. A few simple alterations to turnstiles and perhaps a few empty rows above them in the Main Stand with more stewards and netting would make this viable. That's got to be better than the current set up with two rows of segregation and dozens of stewards for a handful of away fans. Then there's the tv pictures with images of empty seats. Surely someone at Ibrox can work it out. Well maybe not.

I never said anything about the UB's rights I was more concerned about calling fellow fans 'bangers' in this instance.
There are times when that phrase would be applicable though. B-D

The UB got referred to on this thread as "15 year old virgins". No need for ANY name calling by anyone.

My point is really about everyone's rights and responsibilities. Surely we can accommodate a few thousand singers/ultras in a stadium of 50,000?

Things can and do change. Like stopping the tims having the Broomloan.

In my opinion Id put the away fans in the far end of the WE. A few simple alterations to turnstiles and perhaps a few empty rows above them in the Main Stand with more stewards and netting would make this viable. That's got to be better than the current set up with two rows of segregation and dozens of stewards for a handful of away fans. Then there's the tv pictures with images of empty seats. Surely someone at Ibrox can work it out. Well maybe not.
Will never change. Where it is just now is perfect for access for supporters buses, yahoo barrier up and keeping them penned in. Also no fans directly behind them so less chance of coins etc raining down. Absolutely no chance they get the west enclosure where fans sit above them.

Back