Fan Survey on moving UB

so someone jumped the dyke over a quarter of a century ago?

Yes. What difference does it make when it happened?

The point is an exciting atmosphere attracts young people. In my own case it took just one OF game and I was committed for life.

I really dont understand why some posters seem determined to undermine others arguing to improve the matchday experience? Why? What are they hoping to achieve?

Will never change. Where it is just now is perfect for access for supporters buses, yahoo barrier up and keeping them penned in. Also no fans directly behind them so less chance of coins etc raining down. Absolutely no chance they get the west enclosure where fans sit above them.

Ok. No point in discussing it .

Yes. What difference does it make when it happened?

The point is an exciting atmosphere attracts young people. In my own case it took just one OF game and I was committed for life.

I really dont understand why some posters seem determined to undermine others arguing to improve the matchday experience? Why? What are they hoping to achieve?
You’ve spent the whole thread arguing. Give it a rest and wait to see what happens anyone that sits in BF has the choice

Incredible he’s used that example, if it even happened, from 1996 B-D in a thread about the current atmosphere and seat moves. Jesus Christ

What difference does it make when it happened? Its still relevant and its still happening as evidenced by a pm I received last night because of this thread. The poster told me his son gave up and he was a member of the UB.

Can I ask you why you need to add "jesus christ" to your comment? It sounds like an attempt to ridicule my point?

I’m genuinely not being arsey but moving in there would it affect more fans views with regards to those massive flags that get waved?
Me and my mates sit right in the corner of the West Enclosure and those massive flags are fcking annoying, can barely see any goal mouth action at times.

However where the UBs currently are really helps with the atmosphere in the west enclosure, i think if they move it will kill that, so for selfish reasons i hope they stay where they are...minus the flags lol

Can I ask you why you need to add "jesus christ" to your comment? It sounds like an attempt to ridicule my point?
Correct again.

Generally to keep things civil a poster might say Jesus Christ, Holy Moly, My Word, Good god, Jeez Louise, Man Alive or similar as an exclamation of how absurd they find a post or comment or when someone posts constant codswallop throughout a thread.

This applies in everyday life as well as on football forums and I’m surprised this is the first time you have encountered it.

We know where you stand on the subject so I guess you dont like anyone disagreeing with it. Fair enough. Im out.
I’ve never mentioned once where I stand on it?

For the record I think it would be good for the atmosphere but as it wouldn’t be me getting moved my opinion doesn’t matter.

I’d also say if there’s any poster on this thread who doesn’t like someone disagreeing with them, it’s you.

Those 'bangers' are fellow supporters and are entitled to their opinion as much as you.
Those "bangers" appear in every UB related thread and slaughter them at any opportunity, and they call them alot worse than "bangers" it just gets a bit tiresome tbh.

The UB got referred to on this thread as "15 year old virgins". No need for ANY name calling by anyone.

My point is really about everyone's rights and responsibilities. Surely we can accommodate a few thousand singers/ultras in a stadium of 50,000?
First point your correct no need for name calling.on your second point we already accommodate a group of singers/ ultras .

What difference does it make when it happened? Its still relevant and its still happening as evidenced by a pm I received last night because of this thread. The poster told me his son gave up and he was a member of the UB.

His son gave up because he couldn't pick his own seat?

I was at Anfield for our game. They didn't have it for 90 minutes. Every single person not in BF would say the same thing if they got the view we did for QOS game in their part of ground. No flags for 90 minutes I have no issues with it at all. Flags before game couple of minutes in. HT and 5/10 minutes before end. Again no issues. You can't have people paying for ST to have their view obstructed for 90 minutes making their ST a restricted view.
That's my problem, the constant waving of these irritating fvcking flags.

Twice at away games I've been stuck behind them and had to shadow box for 90 minutes to see any action on the pitch.

There's a time to fly the flags and there's a time to put the fvckin things down.

I actually think they make the atmosphere worse.

Droning away in the corner with tedious dirge-like songs about Bobby Sands and Northern Ireland, relentlessly banging that fcking drum while the rest of the stadium sits in silence....it just heightens how poor the atmosphere is - and that's partly due to a couple of things; the unrelentingly boring nature of Scottish football and the poor football we are playing. Its often pretty hard to get excited watching a glorified training game where one team has to break down a 10 man defence. Totally different atmosphere on a euro night when the football is exciting and there is a genuine competition happening, on the field. Then the atmosphere is amazing.

And you’d make it better how exactly? Such a negative perspective. How in the name of **** can you possibly think the UB make the atmosphere worse? I’m genuinely baffled by this. As I see it and hear it from my seat in GR4, the UBs absolutely drive the positive atmosphere at Ibrox. They need to be supported and moved to a more visible location.

Hope this happens - hopefully a large number that have been asked to move won’t but will join in - the UB should reach out to them to join & not move .
If it wasn’t for the UB Ibrox atmosphere would be pish- i
I hope this happens & eventually they get a safe standing area behind the goal .

(If they did get safe standing in the BF - would there would still be morons who thought they should be moved to accommodate Celtc fans when they play at Ibrox ?!!)

You are so wrong, again. Ive just spoken to someone on here who's son gave up and I worked with a die hard female Rangers fan who's son stopped going to Ibrox because he said it was boring. She's gutted because he goes to Parkhead now.

Well we're well rid of the jump the dyke.
Anyone who stops going to Ibrox and now goes to the piggery was never a Rangers supporter in the first place.

There's never been more demand for a Rangers season ticket and the amount of fans trying to get away tickets is the highest it's ever been.

And you’d make it better how exactly? Such a negative perspective. How in the name of **** can you possibly think the UB make the atmosphere worse? I’m genuinely baffled by this. As I see it and hear it from my seat in GR4, the UBs absolutely drive the positive atmosphere at Ibrox. They need to be supported and moved to a more visible location.
I’ve said why I think they make it worse.

They don’t drive anything. They just sing. A good atmosphere is only created at Ibrox when the team are playing well and the rest of the fans are inspired to sing.

Relocate them to the Albion car park
GtiwJcV.gif

It would be great if they could get the old capo, big Ross back for the first game after the new move. Get the whole section to participate , all in black, Ross at the front with the megaphone and tight black muscle T shirt guns out for the cameras. Will be a really powerful looking image and signify how far the group have come.
Not your first post on Big Ross.

Something you want to tell us Bluebeard?

Hopefully it happens, if they get BF3 and can expand both sides I’d assume there will be plenty of seat movers applying from all parts of the stadium so anyone not happy with the flags can move somewhere else.

I’m in GE1 and would consider trying to get into BF

I’m not affected by the move

My opinion though is that moving them central and allowing more to join an “official singing section” would improve the atmosphere.

Equally I get that some fans don’t like the constant big flags waving during games and obstructing their view.

That being the case I think a fair compromise would be that the UB get moved centrally but on the condition that no large flags are permitted during the game until such time they inevitably end up in control of the full BF over years

My opinion though is that moving them central and allowing more to join an “official singing section” would improve the atmosphere.

Equally I get that some fans don’t like the constant big flags waving during games and obstructing their view.

That being the case I think a fair compromise would be that the UB get moved centrally but on the condition that no large flags are permitted during the game until such time they inevitably end up in control of the full BF over years
Would still make almost the entire Broomloan Rear restricted view when the flags returned though. BR is the family section so hardly ideal

Not your first post on Big Ross.

Something you want to tell us Bluebeard?
Not at all just think he was an excellent leader, led the songs which were a good variation and didn’t drag the stadium down with Bobby sands and building gallows every game. I think he’s missed. However the Union bears are young guys they won’t be perfect - what they bring to games is far more positive than any negatives.

They need backed by fellow fans and by the club to thrive.

There is no point in moaning about it. The club put out a survey to ask what people think. In saying that, there is nothing in t&c about conditions of retaining same seat every season. They could just blank off seat allocation at bf3 and allocate to UB. If people moan about losing ‘their’ seat, im sure plently of others waiting would take their place.

A

My thoughts exactly,It will not affect me as I am in the C.D.

Surely the flags are not high enough to obstruct the view of fans in the Broomie rear.
I sit with my family and friends in the front few rows of BR3 and the Broomloan goal area was obstructed the entire game against Qots. Lots of complaints made that night. I know quite a few families around us complained to the club after the game

I sit with my family and friends in the front few rows of BR3 and the Broomloan goal area was obstructed the entire game against Qots. Lots of complaints made that night. I know quite a few families around us complained to the club after the game
Didn’t realise the flags were that high,I would love to see the U.B.s more central and expand but they need to be more respectful and considerate of other fans,
Quite sure kids love being above the atmosphere the U.B.s create as long as they can also see the game.

Not at all just think he was an excellent leader, led the songs which were a good variation and didn’t drag the stadium down with Bobby sands and building gallows every game. I think he’s missed. However the Union bears are young guys they won’t be perfect - what they bring to games is far more positive than any negatives.

They need backed by fellow fans and by the club to thrive.
This stuff has had its day.
It’s tedious now.

I actually think they make the atmosphere worse.

Droning away in the corner with tedious dirge-like songs about Bobby Sands and Northern Ireland, relentlessly banging that fcking drum while the rest of the stadium sits in silence....it just heightens how poor the atmosphere is - and that's partly due to a couple of things; the unrelentingly boring nature of Scottish football and the poor football we are playing. Its often pretty hard to get excited watching a glorified training game where one team has to break down a 10 man defence. Totally different atmosphere on a euro night when the football is exciting and there is a genuine competition happening, on the field. Then the atmosphere is amazing.
The most bonkers post in FF history, even more mental than Bobby Firmino for player manager.

The Union Bears make the atmosphere worse - Jesus F Christ.

The UB’s will likely try and force them out on a match day. Usual cries of folk being ‘Rangers Da’s’ or “the that’s my seat brigade”.
The that’s my seat brigade are definitely a thing and deserve ridiculed at away games especially euro aways. But NOT at Ibrox. I support a UB move but it cannot be done in a way to properly antagonise other fans - difficult one to square off

Back