Fan Village v St Johnstone

Was at the fan village last week, first time I have been to one.

Without wanting to be too negative, I was a bit disappointed, I think as a club we are absolutely going in the right direction here. But it was literally a few vans selling nicer grub. A tiny 3 a side football pitch for the kids and a small stage for Emma Dodds to do some interviews.

Personally I'd like to see a larger area for the younger bears. Some Rangers themed bouncy castles, a bigger football pitch, beat the goalie type of thing, more football themed interaction.

I have taken my lad and his football team to Manchester City and they have an unbelievable set up for the kids. I know we are worlds apart financially from them, so can't expect to be on the same level.

I hope the club invest in at least something similar when the redevelopment works are completed on that side of the stadium.

Without wanting to be too negative, I was a bit disappointed, I think as a club we are absolutely going in the right direction here. But it was literally a few vans selling nicer grub. A tiny 3 a side football pitch for the kids and a small stage for Emma Dodds to do some interviews.

Personally I'd like to see a larger area for the younger bears. Some Rangers themed bouncy castles, a bigger football pitch, beat the goalie type of thing, more football themed interaction.

I have taken my lad and his football team to Manchester City and they have an unbelievable set up for the kids. I know we are worlds apart financially from them, so can't expect to be on the same level.

I hope the club invest in at least something similar when the redevelopment works are completed on that side of the stadium.
If the council weren’t bigoted scum bags I think this is what the old Ibrox complex would have become.

If the council weren’t bigoted scum bags I think this is what the old Ibrox complex would have become.
What was the outcome of the complex actually, I must have missed that. Last I heard there was a possible deal to be had for £1 rent for the next so many year?

What was the outcome of the complex actually, I must have missed that. Last I heard there was a possible deal to be had for £1 rent for the next so many year?
The council that pollutes george square would rather the complex across the road rots before the would allow us to take it over , contrast the area around the crime scene arena paid for by taxpayers

Said the same to the other half last week wasn’t really much for a 5 year old

Said the same to the other half last week wasn’t really much for a 5 year old
I know, if the club cant do it, then i genuinely don't know how somebody hasn't latched onto a business model, buy a red, white and blue bouncy castle, approach the club with all the relevant insurances in place and set it up pre match. Charge kids £2-£5 a shot on match days. Could set up numerous similar things. Bouncy castle football, bubble football....list is endless. Would attract families to turn up hours before kick off.

From what I hear, there is a plan for the complex but I don't know how it's panning out between the club and the council.

Don’t think ours is aimed at kids, and is also temporary until Ed house is open.

I know, if the club cant do it, then i genuinely don't know how somebody hasn't latched onto a business model, buy a red, white and blue bouncy castle, approach the club with all the relevant insurances in place and set it up pre match. Charge kids £2-£5 a shot on match days. Could set up numerous similar things. Bouncy castle football, bubble football....list is endless. Would attract families to turn up hours before kick off.
Sounds good, why not try it yourself, might be grants available for start-up businesses, Nothing ventured

£5 a go FFS. Do you run the kiosk at West Ham?

It's £5 a go on the kid's swings at The Fort and I think £4 for a ride on a wee car.
These are the prices that are charged nowadays
Jesus man....I'm well out of touch then! £5 for a swing? What happened to making yer own down the woods and using it all summer for nowt?!

Anyone have any idea what the timetable for this is today? Can’t see anything on Rangers or SLO Twitter yet.

City Square set up is excellent but you have to remember The Etihad was a purpose built stadium for the Commonwealth Games. Everything was more or less in place and they have all the room in the World around the stadium. Rangers just don’t have that luxury.

From what I hear, there is a plan for the complex but I don't know how it's panning out between the club and the council.

Where are you hearing this?

Does the Ibrox complex actually get used for anything these days?

The council should just sell it to Rangers.

Back