Fans Attending Legia Warsaw vs Rangers

Said it before mate don’t be surprised if the gallowgate gets a visit they despise Celtic fans.
Got shown a thread on a ultra Facebook page at the time where 100s of Celtic fans were slagging Warsaw lads after they got bumped out.

The weren’t happy bunnies...

It would surprise me more if they left Glasgow without having a pop at the tims tbh

I know this a Rangers forum and i am only a guest but really this reference to Poles is not called for.Its exactly the attitude that creates problems, not all Poles are 'twats' , so i find it sad to read this.I agree with the sentiment that all the fans going over there have a good time.
Legia fans are not exactly angels. We are coming for a good time and a game. We are not in Warsaw for a fight. Sort your own folk out. We all love the passion of our clubs, but we left the aggro to an extent back 40 years ago.

Said it before mate don’t be surprised if the gallowgate gets a visit they despise Celtic fans.
Got shown a thread on a ultra Facebook page at the time where 100s of Celtic fans were slagging Warsaw lads after they got bumped out.

The weren’t happy bunnies...
All they will find in the Gallowgate next Thursday are a few hipsters out for a craft beer

How exactly do you think that could be achieved ?

Sorry I hadn’t realised you had replied to me directly, as @OohAhHuistra said it can be very easy to make things pretty uneasy for them if we wanted to.

This lot are saying it’s unsafe for us to wear colours etc in the city In lead up to the game, It should be exactly the same for them, then punt them into the furthest away point in a fanzone in bellahouston park surrounded by loads of polis bussed to the ground and back there after the game.

It’s not hard really.

I know this a Rangers forum and i am only a guest but really this reference to Poles is not called for.Its exactly the attitude that creates problems, not all Poles are 'twats' , so i find it sad to read this.I agree with the sentiment that all the fans going over there have a good time.

I think he was only talking about the ultras mate.

Many bears have said that they like the polish people.

I have been there many times & feel like that.

I hope we are sensible and they are well-policed. My ex-colleague and friend Jakub is a big fit guy who is mad about Legia, but even he won't travel with them or sit/stand in with the ultras. It's a shame folk can't wear their colours in a bar together the night before the game. It is usually a fun part of any Euro trip.

Anyone else stuck in Charleroi? My plans of being in the lemon bar for 12 look fucked!

I have always got on very well with Polish people and have been looking forward to this trip and enjoying Warsaw. It is therefore disappointing to learn the Legia ultras are spoiling for a fight when all we want is to come out and enjoy the experience and mingle in a friendly way with the locals.
That is why some are resorting to insulting language and I would suggest it is aimed solely at the ultras and not Polish people or Legia fans in general.

Sorry I hadn’t realised you had replied to me directly, as @OohAhHuistra said it can be very easy to make things pretty uneasy for them if we wanted to.

This lot are saying it’s unsafe for us to wear colours etc in the city In lead up to the game, It should be exactly the same for them, then punt them into the furthest away point in a fanzone in bellahouston park surrounded by loads of polis bussed to the ground and back there after the game.

It’s not hard really.
And who exactly is going to take on a very large group of well organised thugs ? As for putting them in a fan zone quite simply they just wouldn’t go near it

And who exactly is going to take on a very large group of well organised thugs ? As for putting them in a fan zone quite simply they just wouldn’t go near it

Listen mate your going on as if these are the maddest hardest shower ever known to man they are steroid abusing fuds im sure we have plenty willing to take them on should the need arise.

EDIT: re the fanzone they should be welcomed at the airport buses set in and taken directly there with the option of not going available to them.

Listen mate your going on as if these are the maddest hardest shower ever known to man they are steroid abusing fuds im sure we have plenty willing to take them on should the need arise.
People seem desperate for bother to happen just to say “I told you so”

You’d think the Rangers support went away in Europe and stayed quiet. Think the ones thinking this way haven’t done many of any trips

People seem desperate for bother to happen just to say “I told you so”

You’d think the Rangers support went away in Europe and stayed quiet. Think the ones thinking this way haven’t done many of any trips

It’s mental much worse than spartak when we found out we had them.

I just don’t get the hysteria.

I’m with you on that.

Seems strange that we can’t enjoy the sights and sounds of a European city without fear of being attacked.

Is that not the whole point of European trips?

If I knew I was going to be herded into a fanzine, I’d give the trio a miss and go somewhere civilised for a nice city break.
You are dead on. Sorry state of affairs and needs to be addressed by UEFA.

It’s mental much worse than spartak when we found out we had them.

I just don’t get the hysteria.
I don’t either I’m sadly not going to this but I wouldn’t be worrying, it’s a sure fire way not to enjoy it.

Bottom line is if anything happens no matter what advice is given it won’t make a bit of difference

A lot of them are driving over. Same as the Osijek fans did. Easier to bring flares and flags.

Anyone got any idea how many tickets we’ve given them for Ibrox and if they are likely to sell them all?

2000 tickets would be my guess but doubt that many would come over

I'm not defending Legia Warsaw "hooligans", but let's not forget we as a support get blamed for everything we do and don't do here in Scotland. Most of it unwarranted. Maybe Legia are the Rangers of Poland and get blamed for everything because it's easy to blame the bogeymen. Every support has a percentage of fuds, ourselves included.

A lot of them are driving over.
Easier to bring flares.

That’s the one thing the should concern everyone at Ibrox.
Won’t think twice about flinging flares into our support and ah hope the club are putting nets up.

EDIT: re the fanzone they should be welcomed at the airport buses set in and taken directly there with the option of not going available to them.

I'm sure there would be a few who would be willing but you only have to look what happened to the English fans when a few hundred Russian ultras went looking for it. Yes they are fannies for wanting to fight normal supporters but they are every bit as dangerous as the Russians. Really hope everyone comes back okay as it's as dodgy as it gets imo.

Majority of their support coming to Ibrox will be UK based.

Glad it's not just me that thinks there's a level of hero worship there!

People are over reacting slightly.

Even if their Ultras do have a pop at us I wouldn't take it personally, every big team/support visiting them will get the same treatment.

If anything it's a compliment as they obviosuly see us as a big scalp.

I’m not going over there tomorrow to spend six hours standing in a field, I intend to see a bit of the city and it’s bars. The hysteria over this trip is ridiculous.

There's no chance the lads I know will go to the fanzone.

They're over for 3 days and like doing their own thing, whether it's Warsaw, Moscow, Ufa or wherever.

Certainly don't go looking for trouble, but will be looking to enjoy themselves in the city.

They're over for 3 days and like doing their own thing, whether it's Warsaw, Moscow, Ufa or wherever.

Certainly don't go looking for trouble, but will be looking to enjoy themselves in the city.
Just do what we done a couple weeks ago. Albeit we were in Hamburg but we wondered to other bars etc

Yep, they're doing the right thing. No point being shitebags just incase something happens.

Have to say though it does make me laugh when you see guys on here adamant that Rangers fans who at best have been in a few street brawls could take a mob of MMA trained Polish psychos in a scrap. That would be a big wake up call for anyone.

Yep, they're doing the right thing. No point being shitebags just incase something happens.

Have to say though it does make me laugh when you see guys on here adamant that Rangers fans who at best have been in a few street brawls could take a mob of MMA trained Polish psychos in a scrap. That would be a big wake up call for anyone.
Give me 2 bottle of tonic and I’ll no feel getting smashed

Back