Fans back - all/none or some?

All/none or some fans back in the ground?

• All or none

Votes: 229 41.9%
  • Some first then increase as we go

Votes: 317 58.1%

• Total voters

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
For me, I can’t understand the argument that it has to be all fans back or none. And that having a portion of fans back isn’t the right approach.

I assumed most would want the chance for some to be back, but maybe there is more people wanting the all or none approach.

quick poll. Where do you stand?

Bedlam. Can’t suit everyone. People sit with others so how would that work? No fair way of doing it unless it was a ballot by sections and so on. If you get a game you’re out the next ballot.

Has to be a ballot for a phased return. There will be a proportion of people who won’t want to come back quite yet due to age or apprehensive of travelling a distance.

Some fans is better than none and also allows the club to gain confidence and expertise on the return.

And then there’s the subway to think of!

Some has to be the right answer.

Atmosphere and money are important things in football, both would improve if some fans were allowed back in.

All or none. How do you choose who gets in and who doesn't? Plus it would be carnage. Look at the fallout from the MyGers tiers! :)
Surely having some in is better than none? If we can’t not have a hissy fit over it, then it’s childish.

worst case scenario is you don’t get to see a game when others do. But if no one gets in, then you don’t see a game anyway.

the other argument I’ve heard is tickets will be sold on for a massive profit. That’s clearly not ideal. But let’s face it, it happens anyway. Cup final, OF even Uefa cup finals all went for way
more than the ticket price.

Whilst I agree we will struggle to find an entirely fair process for some fans being allowed back in, don't see why we would reject any fans being allowed in at all. Some fans is absolutely better than none, regardless of the fairness of the process used to choose who gets to attend.

There must be a way of selecting X amount of people then for the next game X amount of different people?

How do we go about it?

Rows and a few spaces and the following week reverse it? Dunno.
Just space everyone one. Have stickers or something on seats not to be used and Change the configuration as more folk are allowed in.

sanitise before the game, loads of hand sanitizers about, possibly have masks and I can’t really see the issue. Within the close vicinity to anyone would have no more than a dozen or so people. No different to, or even less interaction than going to a shop.

If there is a phased return of fans I think they will do it on a stand by stand or tier by tier basis by relocating all fans from say the Copland Front/rear all over the stadium

Look how the Rangers support reacted when some got their new tops before others. How do you think we’ll react when some get back into the ground before others? Has to be all or nothing for me, there’s no other fair way to do it.

There must be a way of selecting X amount of people then for the next game X amount of different people?
There is and it’s quite simple. All season ticket holders in a random draw. Take the agreed number out per game. Repeat.

Two things will happen in all likelihood.

‘He got a game and I didn’t - it’s not fair’

or

‘he got celtic and I got Hamilton - it’s not fair’

all pathetic and childish of course. But it will happen.

for me, we should be getting people in ASAP.

i don’t see how having even 1000 folk in there today would cause any issue. It’s probably no more than 20 people per section.

Look how the Rangers support reacted when some got their new tops before others. How do you think we’ll react when some get back into the ground before others? Has to be all or nothing for me, there’s no other fair way to do it.

but why? I don’t get this point. Person x doesn’t want anyone in, just incase he doesn’t get the game he wants.

There's too many in the bronze tier, not enough in the gold tier, so the fairest way is to let the entire silver tier in.

I've thought long and hard on this.
Thank me at the end of the season when 55's in the bag.

One thing is certain, it will be better outcome if the fans groups and clubs come up with the plan for the return rather than wait for the government to do it. Personally, I don't see it being anything other than a phased approach as going straight to 50k in the one place with underground etc will put too much of a risk in the one place.

So some the points to be worked out by the fans/ clubs:

- how to decide who gets in (as above, season tickets on a rota basis makes sense as seat allocation that enables distancing will be the key)
- temperature check on the way in (in which case, people will be told to come early)
- hand sanitisers on the way in, at toilets and catering (maybe no catering)
- masks?
- people in high risk categories advised not to go to the game

If left to Gov.scot they'll add in stuff like no singing...; better to figure it out in advance.

If it's phased then they should ensure that every st holder gets a similar number of games.
So if 20 percent capacity each st holder gets either 3 or 4 games determined by the social distancing allocated around each seat. Means that mates/ family with seats together will be screwed but that will be the case regardless.
If you can't make an allocated game, kinda tough unless you can swap with someone else.

Instinctively I feel like saying “all or none”. The logistics of deciding who gets to go and to what games will be incredibly tough (can’t do something simple like seat numbers, because people sit together), and there will always be a backlash from fans who miss out on the big game, or have to alone, etc.

But... football with some fans is simply better than football with none. There has to be a way to manage it and people are just going to have to be grown up about it.

Instinctively I feel like saying “all or none”. The logistics of deciding who gets to go and to what games will be incredibly tough (can’t do something simple like seat numbers, because people sit together), and there will always be a backlash from fans who miss out on the big game, or have to alone, etc.

But... football with some fans is simply better than football with none. There has to be a way to manage it and people are just going to have to be grown up about it.

the last sentence is key.

Just space everyone one. Have stickers or something on seats not to be used and Change the configuration as more folk are allowed in.

sanitise before the game, loads of hand sanitizers about, possibly have masks and I can’t really see the issue. Within the close vicinity to anyone would have no more than a dozen or so people. No different to, or even less interaction than going to a shop.

Got to remember, travel, concourses, toilets, narrow exits etc as well

some clubs are proposing no away fans to minimise travel (not a problem at Ibrox) and closing toilets at half time.

Got to remember, travel, concourses, toilets, narrow exits etc as well

some clubs are proposing no away fans to minimise travel (not a problem at Ibrox) and closing toilets at half time.
The only real issue is the toilets for me. Every where else has reasonable space. If managed properly. But if we are taking 10% attendance, with a decent stewarding, it’s easily achievable.

for me, we should really be pushing this.

Would certainly create the better atmosphere letting the UB in first but not sure how it would work as technically fans will be socially distanced.

Could easily spread them out across the Broomloan Front with a seat or two between them

In the interests of sporting integrity, all of the first round of matches should be played behind closed doors. Then reassess the situation after that.

Some first, but it needs to be done in an organised way so everyone gets a shot of attending, rather than a random ballot where some folk have managed to get allowed into 2 games and others none.

In the interests of sporting integrity, all of the first round of matches should be played behind closed doors. Then reassess the situation after that.
I do think this is an important point. It should only be happening at the end of each “round” of fixtures.

Back