Fans back - all/none or some?

All/none or some fans back in the ground?

• All or none

Votes: 229 41.9%
  • Some first then increase as we go

Votes: 317 58.1%

• Total voters
I reckon hospitality/corporate STH’s will be in first when it’s limited numbers.
As a holder of what they now term a “VIP” season ticket, I would absolutely NOT be in favour of this. The fair way to do it is a ballot, or a rotation based on seat number (despite all the challenges that will cause). Having a more expensive season ticket entitles you to a better seat and stadium amenities, not to be there when others can’t IMO.

As a holder of what they now term a “VIP” season ticket, I would absolutely NOT be in favour of this. The fair way to do it is a ballot, or a rotation based on seat number (despite all the challenges that will cause). Having a more expensive season ticket entitles you to a better seat and stadium amenities, not to be there when others can’t IMO.

Very admirable of you but I heard from a corporate STH they were told this would likely be the case to keep them sweet when renewing. I don’t agree with it either but if limited fans are getting in it would seem to make sense they get first chance.

Phased return for me. Wouldn't go for a ballot but base it on sections instead.

No away fans and no public sale will free up seats for ST holders to spread out and achieve social distancing but I would imagine it will still be about 30% of ST holders at best for the initial games.
Open every third section of each stand for the first game but spread everyone across the entire stand. For the second game it's the next sections along and then game three the final sections.

That way people who travel and sit together are likely to be catered for. There will be no preferential treatment and, although some will complain, fans will need to accept that at best they will only see every third game and to accept the games they are allocated.

For me I'd be happy just to get back even if it was reduced numbers and we were only getting allocated every second, third or fourth game initially.

All or none. Not fair for everyone to pay for a season ticket in good faith, most knowing fine well that it’s unlikely we will get to go anytime soon, to get told others who paid the same get to go to one game that the other can’t.

Very admirable of you but I heard from a corporate STH they were told this would likely be the case to keep them sweet when renewing. I don’t agree with it either but if limited fans are getting in it would seem to make sense they get first chance.
There were vague hints of it in the renewal email I got from the hospitality manager (ironically, after I’d sent her my renewal form back), but to be honest it was vague I took it as just trying to drum up renewals. As I said, I don’t think it would be right.

The boxes, the lounges I could just about understand. But simply tickets in the stands, no. Not for me, I think that would be unfair in the extreme.

Imagine only some are allowed back in, and they're nothing but the doomsayers. Would make viewing painful to say the least.

For me, I can’t understand the argument that it has to be all fans back or none. And that having a portion of fans back isn’t the right approach.

I assumed most would want the chance for some to be back, but maybe there is more people wanting the all or none approach.

quick poll. Where do you stand?

There isn't an argument, just people not wanting to miss out.

Hold a ballot for season ticket holders. Could even do it for each game.

There were vague hints of it in the renewal email I got from the hospitality manager (ironically, after I’d sent her my renewal form back), but to be honest it was vague I took it as just trying to drum up renewals. As I said, I don’t think it would be right.

The boxes, the lounges I could just about understand. But simply tickets in the stands, no. Not for me, I think that would be unfair in the extreme.

For the benefit of doubt the person I know has a box.

Sounds like a bronzer to me...
Yeah you could argue the precedent has already been set.
Those that put the most money in were given the benefit.
Maybe they will add the season ticket prices over the course of the five previous seasons and award on that basis.
Corporate will be in first then main stand centre club deck front and centre Govan centre and so on.
For me, I didn’t like what MyGers became as it created a division in the support.
Ballot is the only fair way. If you are a parent with a child you go in together, people who depend on another person to get to the game etc. Friends and family if you like. If you win the first tine around you’re out until everyone has been in once and then start again.
We’ve all paid for season tickets some a hell of a lot more than others but that doesn’t make you a better fan.

The big problem for Rangers is the large number of season ticket holders.

Looking at an English Championship Club they stopped selling season tickets 5 months ago, just after they went on sale.
They are guaranteeing ST holders admission to all matches But are reducing capacity to a third.Other tickets will go on sale by ballot. No one will get two matches in a row. Turnstiles are being moved to the outer perimeter and people will be given an admission slot up to 2 1/2 hours before kick off.. Extra catering within perimeter, nothing in ground. Temperature checks and security on toilets. No moving seats.

It’ll have to be ST holders only at Ibrox with the problem of ensuring family groups stay together. A nightmare for everybody but some crowds are better than none

Straight ballot amongst ST holders, none of this MyGers pish either

Until there is a genuine strong desire from government and clubs to get fans back in, then I don’t think fans will attend games for a long time.

Government will ensure this will be the very last thing on the agenda and clubs are probably making greater profit ironically in Scotland through the streaming service than they would do with all the costs involved in putting a game on.

There is no desire for it now and I can’t see that changing this side of Xmas.

Just my opinion.

I’m all for getting back ASAP, but do wonder how if would be done. Would tickets be allocated just to individuals, or an effort be made to allow friends and family groups to go together?

I also think that the cost of administering, policing and cleaning could be prohibitive for the club relative to the benefit of having support from a very small number. If we could get back to even10k plus it’s more worthwhile.

The main criteria has to be safety. If there's 2 metre gap we should manage 8 - 12,000 without too much trouble. The problem lies in how our fans get to and from the stadium.

In the interests of sporting integrity, all of the first round of matches should be played behind closed doors. Then reassess the s
Fair point. But at least then you’ve made it as balanced as possible without simply ruling out the season.
Every home side will have a disadvantage in not having the home support. So every team should have to experience that in the first round. To try and force the government to allow fans back too early to gain an advantage, especially over your biggest rivals, Is tantamount to cheating. If the first old firm was at Ibrox they would be screaming about covid and demanding an empty stadium. This recent spike in Aberdeen should be a warning to all about mass gatherings. Still celtic will try and force the issue and not care either about sporting integrity or the health and well being of fans.

On the basis that I think Rangers will benefit from no fans I'd be happy enough if we don't get back inside football grounds too quickly.

All or none for me.There’s no fair way of deciding who gets in and who dosen’t.
and what happens when Joe and his Dad has tickets to go? Are they gonna tell one of them not to come? Are they gonna social distance and have them sitting 2 metres apart?

Partial stadium returns just isn't feasible IMO

I think the problem that we have is the virus is still there
Thus has shown up with the opening up of bars
Fans going to football usually go to a bar for a beer or two
So the mixture could lead to another outbreak

for me the best way forward would be For the GOV to say
Stadia will not open this year and by January hopefully the R number and positive cases are low enough to open in full

All or nothing for me how can the club decide that person A can go to a match v celtic but person B goes to a match against St Mirren.

Should be exclusive to my gers gold members .......

This has to be the craziest thread ever. Common sense has been lost. The Rangers fan in people is taking over whats going on in the real world. If you want all fans back you will be waiting a very, very long time.
Until then there is only one option.

I think 10500 in the Stadium would be fine, 2500 in Main Stand, 4000 in Govan. 2000 in Copland, 2000 in Broomloan.
Sit in any seat, put friends and family in together,
Hospitality and Members ( including Bar 72 ) go to every game as they have paid the most and random 7500 from the rest of us. Once you have been into a game, you then go back to the end of the list. Seems pretty fair to me and because I came up with the idea, I get to go to every game.
No arguments from me :)

There is no way it is going from zero to everyone.

It's not really an option, it will need to be some fans in to start with.

Some then increase it is the way to go but the argument, innuendo and in-fighting that will inevitably come with defining who/what “some” is on a game by game basis will be intolerable.

I presume that “some” will be different people each match so it brings the question of how you decide - and then there are associated difficulties if a single person from (close to home for me), say, the Berkshire Loyal is selected for a match then how do you accommodate them not being able to make the journey for a Tuesday night match against Kilmarnock.
Whether you prioritise or offer first to Union Bears / season ticket holders / season ticket holders on supporters clubs / MyGers (and what of the tiers)?

It will get very messy, very quickly unfortunately.

I believe in a phased return but there is a few problems, if we just pick seat X, Y, then swap them for the next match and so on what happens with families. They will have to take into account that under 10’s certainly from outside Glasgow have to travel with adults.

I'll be a phased return. They'll trial it in the lower leagues in October and then start to allow fans into top flight grounds on a phased basis. They'll also monitor the infection rate as we enter winter and a the conditions for Covid to return .

The new boys are in for a treat when they take to the field and get the Ibrox roar when we finally get in. Well that's until they misplace a pass and get the other side of the coin.

Has to a rolling ballot that you come out of if you get a ticket until everyone has had one with access attached to something like a QR code based on your Rangers Number. That would suit track and trace requirements too.

It has to be done fairly and I know that there will be a couple of people who manage to attend every game. Club have to try and be fair to all ST holders.

Fair way is by seat number and row number

row a
Seats 1, 5, 10

row c
Seat 3, 7, 11

etc

next week

row b
2, 6, 12

row d
4, 8, 13

next week