Fans back - all/none or some?

All/none or some fans back in the ground?

• All or none

Votes: 229 41.9%
  • Some first then increase as we go

Votes: 317 58.1%

• Total voters
It will be a phased return, there is no way it will go from no fans to 50,000.

Best of British to whoever has to work out the seating arrangements! :))

It would be based on that I guess. No other way really.
No way will it be based on MyGers tiers. That’s fine for extras such as away tickets, semis, finals etc but it can’t be used to differentiate between season ticket holders. There are plenty of other options and I’m sure the club will find something fair. Won’t stop people being a bit pissed off when they’re sat at home for Celtic at Ibrox, me included!

I think 10500 in the Stadium would be fine, 2500 in Main Stand, 4000 in Govan. 2000 in Copland, 2000 in Broomloan.
Sit in any seat, put friends and family in together,
Hospitality and Members ( including Bar 72 ) go to every game as they have paid the most and random 7500 from the rest of us. Once you have been into a game, you then go back to the end of the list. Seems pretty fair to me and because I came up with the idea, I get to go to every game.
No arguments from me :)
Sorry but friends and family of Rangers employees are not eligible to enter. :p

Fair way is by seat number and row number

row a
Seats 1, 5, 10

row c
Seat 3, 7, 11

etc

next week

row b
2, 6, 12

row d
4, 8, 13

next week

row a
2, 6, 12

until everybody has a shot at it
So if you travel with your family to games and sit next to one another you will all get allocated different games and have to go on your own?

Needs to be some recognition of family/friends groups which is why basing it on alternate sections of the stands is more likely to be the way to go.

I would assume that you would not be allocated your own seat and that the sections that were attending would be spread across the entire stand.

For me, I can’t understand the argument that it has to be all fans back or none. And that having a portion of fans back isn’t the right approach.

I assumed most would want the chance for some to be back, but maybe there is more people wanting the all or none approach.

quick poll. Where do you stand?
All fans back. Not practical to be selective.

All or none. Will become chaos if they need to repeatedly shutdown and open again. Tracking who's turn it is would be a nightmare.

All or none. Will become chaos if they need to repeatedly shutdown and open again. Tracking who's turn it is would be a nightmare.
Not sure why tracking of who's turn it was should be an issue at all. Dependant on the numbers allowed to attend you will probably get allocated every third or fourth game. The exact same people will, in all probability, be attending the same games - if its every third game then a group will be allocated games 1, 4, 7 etc, another group would get 2, 5, 8 etc. If it was shutdown for a period you just resume the cycle from where it left off. Really not difficult to track these things at all.

What we should be doing just now is liaising with fans to ascertain whether or not there are any, perhaps through travel or health issues, who are unlikely to attend those initial games. We should then be developing various options/rotas based on likely numbers approved to attend and proposed methods for managing their return. I would assume that this will, in fact, be going on in the background.

I suspect the initial numbers won't be great but remember 20% of all seats could, in fact, equate to 25% or more of Season Ticket holders that are able and willing to attend.

Yeah you could argue the precedent has already been set.
Those that put the most money in were given the benefit.
Maybe they will add the season ticket prices over the course of the five previous seasons and award on that basis.
Corporate will be in first then main stand centre club deck front and centre Govan centre and so on.
For me, I didn’t like what MyGers became as it created a division in the support.
Ballot is the only fair way. If you are a parent with a child you go in together, people who depend on another person to get to the game etc. Friends and family if you like. If you win the first tine around you’re out until everyone has been in once and then start again.
We’ve all paid for season tickets some a hell of a lot more than others but that doesn’t make you a better fan.
They've already locked the young fans out of away fixtures does some people seriously think that's the way to go on this situation?

I'd love nothing more than to see everyone back but if it has to be so many at a time i agree with you then ballot it out once you get one you don't get another until everyone else has and it makes its way back to the start

As for the scum fixtures if you can't guarantee 50/50 split over the two games and every one can't get at least one then they shouldn't let anyone in it would cause uproar

For me, I can’t understand the argument that it has to be all fans back or none. And that having a portion of fans back isn’t the right approach.

I assumed most would want the chance for some to be back, but maybe there is more people wanting the all or none approach.

quick poll. Where do you stand?
As long as I’m back I don’t care ,,, selfish loyal

All or none for me

Even if some were allowed in, no singing, probably have to wear masks. What’s the point?

That’s not football as we know it.

Wait until there’s normality and we can all get back at the same time

Some sort of televised Battle Royale would be my suggestion if it comes to a phased return, ballots are for pussies ;)

All or none for me

Even if some were allowed in, no singing, probably have to wear masks. What’s the point?

That’s not football as we know it.

Wait until there’s normality and we can all get back at the same time
If you are using normality as your measure they shall never re-open parkheid

All or none. If the authorities then allow limited numbers into the stadium, say 5000, then for the first game I would provide the local schools and key workers gratis tickets as a gesture.

They might use the tiers of mygers
Good luck with that then. Half the ST holders aren't even in it. There would probably be a lot of people looking for money back and I would doubt the club could hide behind the Ts & Cs

I think that football with some will always be better than football with none however the problem is who gets in and who doesn’t. Bearing in mind that the ones who don’t will be due a refund / credit for the games missed I really can’t see the club doing a ballot with essentially their own money. If the club have the opportunity to refund either 50 quid or 30 quid then there is only one winner. Therefore regardless of how fair or not it is I think the phased return will be decided on the price the fans have paid for their season tickets.

I think it has to be all or nothing the bad blood from the fall out of phased return could mean the club losing a fortune in future season ticket sales as we could still be in this same position in a years time

Hard one. To can't run a quarter of a supporters bus. How about a parent and child next to each other, you can't split them up.
Would be an administrative nightmare I imagine.

I think that football with some will always be better than football with none however the problem is who gets in and who doesn’t. Bearing in mind that the ones who don’t will be due a refund / credit for the games missed I really can’t see the club doing a ballot with essentially their own money. If the club have the opportunity to refund either 50 quid or 30 quid then there is only one winner. Therefore regardless of how fair or not it is I think the phased return will be decided on the price the fans have paid for their season tickets.
Or give everybody a turn and they may not want a refund like last season.

Didn’t vote as I just want us back ASAP.

if we have to social distance then half the capacity of each stand, take out every second row and ask folk with odd numbers to sit in the row behind.

Reverse for the next game.

Big queues to get in. No food other by request to seat (if possible). Additional toilet provision outdoors ( temporary urinals you see at outdoor events).

No over 65s ;)

Back