Fans campaign Caixinha to return to Santos Laguna

TibbsyBear

From the Rebel

Celtic feeder club Santos Laguna want Caixinha back in Mexico, according to reports in central America, just hours after his sacking at Rangers.

Santos Laguna are desperate to lure Pedro Caixinha back to Mexico in the wake of his Rangers sacking, according to pundits in central America.

Just hours after the Portuguese coach was axed by the Ibrox outfit, following a calamitous seven months in charge, his former club were reported to be keen on a return.

Caixinha enjoyed enormous success in Central America with Santos Laguna - ironically a feeder club for Celtic - and led them to the Mexican title.

But the club are currently languishing in 13th place in Liga MX and they fired manager Jose Manuel de la Torre last month.

Currently, they have coach Robert Siboldi as a caretaker manager, but need a new permanent boss.

Chief executive Jose Luis Higuera flew to Scotland last month for a meeting with Caixinha, although he denied at the time they were discussing a return to Mexico.

But after his dismissal from Rangers, Santos fans want him back and have launched a campaign for his return.

Former Santos and Mexico star and now TV pundit, Roberto Gomez Junco, said: "Pedro must come back to Santos.

"The fans want it, the board want it. It makes perfect sense.

"There is nothing to stop him now that his Scottish adventure is over."

Caixinha also won a Mexican Cup and their Champion of Champions Cup too during his three-year stint in the country.

‘Chief executive Jose Luis Higuera flew to Scotland last month for a meeting with Caixinha, although he denied at the time they werediscussing a return to Mexico’.

Interesting to see if he ends up back there in that case. Perhaps Pedro was expecting an early exit from Ibrox just like his predecessor?

‘Chief executive Jose Luis Higuera flew to Scotland last month for a meeting with Caixinha, although he denied at the time they werediscussing a return to Mexico’.

Interesting to see if he ends up back there in that case. Perhaps Pedro was expecting an early exit from Ibrox just like his predecessor?

Jose Luis Higuera works for Chivas Guadalajara. They're mixing two different clubs up because god forbid a journalist does his homework.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...ers-great-relationship-chivas-pedro-caixinha/

Good luck to him wherever he decides to go, if he went back to Mexico the two mexicans would probably join him.

ding ding
alarm bells should have been going off

Jose Luis Higuera was given a tour of Auchenhowie alongside Caixinha before having dinner with the Light Blues manager.

RANGERS have started “a great relationship” with Mexican giants Chivas, according to the club’s chief executive Jose Luis Higuera.

He travelled to Scotland this week for talks for Pedro Caixinha.

Caixinha – who led Santos Laguna to the Mexican title – was with Higuera for a tour of Gers training ground Auchenhowie.

The pair later had dinner in Glasgow.

The Chivas chief sent his best wishes to countryman Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera on Twitter – and shared pictures of his meeting with the Portuguese gaffer.

He said: “I have started a great relationship with Rangers FC.

“I had a great dinner and learned a lot about football.”

The comments could spark speculation that Caixinha is using his contacts there to engineer a tie up between Gers and one of Mexico’s biggest sides.

Club Deportivo Guadalajara, known as Chivas, have won their title 12 times and are known for only playing Mexican players.

Higuera is regarded as one of the most influential men in Mexican football.

He is also CEO of Ominilife Chivas group, which owns the club.

From the Scottish sun in September, yet more lies from the Daily Record.

I liked Caixinha and personally I think he has been one of the most unlucky managers in history.

I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

How many players have they got from their feeder club? Good luck to him, hope he takes some of the rubbish he's left behind

Good luck to him. Hope he goes there and is successful.

- and tips us off first about any potential “wonder kids” rather than acting as the mhank’s feeder club. I’m hope that after all the green and grey knives sticking out of his back that this will be the case.

I don't get why some of our fans don't want to accept this team has an official set up with the dims? They do and have done for a few years.

Ohhhhh interesting

Dairy rhebel treat their readers Like mushrooms "keep them in the dark "and feed them shite.

Back