Fantastic new book about the history of the Orange Order in Glasgow

Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland launches Radio Boyne app

This is now live and is excellent - search for it on App Store under the search term Orange Order.

Normally the border lodges parade in Rossnowlagh in County Donegal on the Saturday before the 12th of July each year.

Some pictures from the 2019 County Donegal Boyne celebrations at Rossnowlagh on the Atlantic coast - I've been there quite a few times over the years and its a beautiful part of the world and a marvellous parade with flute, brass, pipe and accordion bands. A real family affair.

The brethren usually marshall up around St John's church and parade down to the village - past the caravans and into Rossnowlagh itself- famous for its hotel and surfing.

Normally the border lodges parade in Rossnowlagh in County Donegal on the Saturday before the 12th of July each year.

I've been going there on and off since the mid 80s - only once I have I seen anyone engage in public drinking of alcohol.

Where do you find evidence of the Loyalist History of Nova Scotia? After the American Revolution approximately 30,000 United Empire Loyalists, individuals who had remained loyal to the British cause, came as refugees to what is now Nova Scotia. This book includes descriptions and photographs of Buildings, Cairns, Cemeteries, Churches, Gravestones, Monuments, and Forts connected to the United Empire Loyalists.

Highland Creek L.O.L. 2934 Toronto, Canada is proud to present our 200th Anniversary medal in two different designs. Struck to commemorate the 200th Anniversary of the Orange Parade/Celebration in Toronto Canada 1820-2020. North America's longest continuously run Parade.

Although our celebration is postponed to the 2021 season these collectible medals are available from this page or Ebay.
Our two designs are Toronto themed. The first consisting of the 1834 Toronto Coat of Arms (Aboriginal warrior with Britannia and the Toronto Shield) and the second a fur trader paddling across Toronto harbor with a modern Toronto skyline behind him. Both are approximately 1.5 inch diameter and include a ribbon drape with pin attachment.

Asking price is $10.00 Cdn each with a postage and shipping charge of domestic/North American $5.00Cdn or $12.00Cdn International. The Officers and Brethren of Highland Creek L.O.L. 2934 thank-you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming all to the Toronto Celebration in 2021!

A link below can be used for any UK orders through Paypal. Domestic orders can be made via ETransfers.

UK ORDERS ONLY follow this link : https://tinyurl.com/ycppqdn4

Since its formation, the Orange Institution has had a proud record of service and sacrifice.

During the period now somewhat benignly referred to as ‘the troubles’ a high proportion of our members served in the security forces during a 40-year terrorist campaign. 339 members were murdered during these years – almost 10% of all those lost their lives. The youngest victim was 18 years-old, the eldest aged 86. Nearly half of our murdered members were serving, or had served, with the Ulster Defence Regiment; while a quarter were current or former members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary. Over 600 children were bereaved as the result of the loss of a parent who was a member of the Orange Institution.

In addition to those murdered, many hundreds of our members have suffered life changing physical, mental and emotional injuries as a direct consequence of the terrorist campaign.

Sadly, a substantial number of these murders and attacks on our members remain unsolved.

Whilst more than half of those killed were singled out because they were serving their community in the security forces, others were targeted simply because they were Protestants and members of the Orange Institution. Countless tragic personal stories litter the history of Orangeism in the past 50 years. The most recent was the murder of Brother David Black, a serving member of the Northern Ireland Prison Service, by Republicans on 1st November 2012. His family, like so many more, are still left without justice.

The Orange Institution is resolute in its conviction that there must be no equivalence made between these innocent victims and the terrorists - who were the victim-makers.

In 2007, Grand Lodge formed the ‘Murdered Brethren Committee’ to begin the process of creating a permanent memorial to our slain members. In 2011, a Memorial Stone was unveiled at our headquarters at Schomberg House. The inscription reads: “In proud remembrance of all brethren and sisters who were murdered, or otherwise lost their lives, due to the terrorist campaign in Ulster”. In 2014, a Memorial Window was commissioned for inclusion in the new Museum of Orange Heritage. The window is situated alongside a digitised memorial book which pays tribute to all our murdered members. In 2015, Grand Lodge produced a moving film entitled ‘Strong to Survive,’ which tells the story of some of those murdered. It also features interviews with surviving members who explain how the terrorist campaign affected them personally. Yet for those left to grieve, memorials and remembrance events, however important, are no substitute for justice.

In 2018, the Institution formally designated 1st September as ‘Orange Victims Day’ – a day when the Orange family pauses to remember those who were so suddenly and violently taken from us. The date also marks the Institution’s largest single loss of life when in 1975, IRA gunmen stormed into Tullyvallen Orange Hall, in rural South Armagh, during a lodge meeting, and indiscriminately murdered four Orangemen. A fifth member subsequently died later as a result of the injuries sustained.

This year, the Orange community will once again mark Orange Victims Day with a range of poignant events in villages and towns across Northern Ireland to ensure that our murdered brethren are never forgotten.

Fantastic new book about the history of the Orange Order in Glasgow

Author Jon MacDonald has done a great job in this well written and wonderfully illustrated book - starting from the first lodge in Glasgow being formed right up to the modern day. Some 200 years.

It gives a great insight into the reality of lodge life - not the sensationalism so often seen in the press - and the great work and characters the Glasgow Orange has produced.

It’s written in a lively style that doesn’t compromise it’s historical rigour or accuracy - as well as being an insight into the Orange Order in the city it provides a wonderful sidelight to the social history of the city and Scotland as a whole.

I can’t recommend it highly enough.

£9.99 plus £3 postage UK.

PAYPAL SALES LINK FOR THE UK- https://tinyurl.com/GlasgowOrangeHistoryBookUK

New links for overseas postage added.

New links which have separate postage rates for Europe and the Rest of the World.

https://tinyurl.com/GlasgowOrangeBookEurope

https://tinyurl.com/GlasgowOrangeBookROTW

For European or Rest Of The World postage please make a Paypal payment for either £15.99 0r £19.99 to the Paypal account glasgoworangefest@gmail.com

New 100 page perfect bound book on the History of Orangeism in Glasgow titled 'To greet my Glasgow Brethren’ The book is a must read for anyone with an interest in the Institution. The book can be purchased through a number of outlets including Schomberg House in Belfast and also through the County Grand Orange Lodge of Glasgow mobile app.

I urge anyone interested in that type of thing to buy this. It's a great read.

Since its formation, the Orange Institution has had a proud record of service and sacrifice.

During the period now somewhat benignly referred to as ‘the troubles’ a high proportion of our members served in the security forces during a 40-year terrorist campaign. 339 members were murdered during these years – almost 10% of all those lost their lives. The youngest victim was 18 years-old, the eldest aged 86. Nearly half of our murdered members were serving, or had served, with the Ulster Defence Regiment; while a quarter were current or former members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary. Over 600 children were bereaved as the result of the loss of a parent who was a member of the Orange Institution.

In addition to those murdered, many hundreds of our members have suffered life changing physical, mental and emotional injuries as a direct consequence of the terrorist campaign.

Sadly, a substantial number of these murders and attacks on our members remain unsolved.

Whilst more than half of those killed were singled out because they were serving their community in the security forces, others were targeted simply because they were Protestants and members of the Orange Institution. Countless tragic personal stories litter the history of Orangeism in the past 50 years. The most recent was the murder of Brother David Black, a serving member of the Northern Ireland Prison Service, by Republicans on 1st November 2012. His family, like so many more, are still left without justice.

The Orange Institution is resolute in its conviction that there must be no equivalence made between these innocent victims and the terrorists - who were the victim-makers.

In 2007, Grand Lodge formed the ‘Murdered Brethren Committee’ to begin the process of creating a permanent memorial to our slain members. In 2011, a Memorial Stone was unveiled at our headquarters at Schomberg House. The inscription reads: “In proud remembrance of all brethren and sisters who were murdered, or otherwise lost their lives, due to the terrorist campaign in Ulster”. In 2014, a Memorial Window was commissioned for inclusion in the new Museum of Orange Heritage. The window is situated alongside a digitised memorial book which pays tribute to all our murdered members. In 2015, Grand Lodge produced a moving film entitled ‘Strong to Survive,’ which tells the story of some of those murdered. It also features interviews with surviving members who explain how the terrorist campaign affected them personally. Yet for those left to grieve, memorials and remembrance events, however important, are no substitute for justice.

In 2018, the Institution formally designated 1st September as ‘Orange Victims Day’ – a day when the Orange family pauses to remember those who were so suddenly and violently taken from us. The date also marks the Institution’s largest single loss of life when in 1975, IRA gunmen stormed into Tullyvallen Orange Hall, in rural South Armagh, during a lodge meeting, and indiscriminately murdered four Orangemen. A fifth member subsequently died later as a result of the injuries sustained.

This year, the Orange community will once again mark Orange Victims Day with a range of poignant events in villages and towns across Northern Ireland to ensure that our murdered brethren are never forgotten.

Let's never forget our murdered brethren.

Times-past-cromwell-1-IMG-3291.jpg

Times-past-cromwell-2-IMG-3292.jpg

Sister Millie Smith from JLOL 19 has been accepted to go Great Ormond St for test to help diagnose suitable medical treatment. The family have set up a page for donations.
https://gf.me/u/ysxu2a
This is Millie , she has just turned 7 from Clydebank .. Millie has been ill her whole life with Chronic constipation. she is often sick & spends her life in pain which causes her to be in hospital often, this past year millies spent more time in hospital than she has at home, she was in hospital with me (her mum) basically the whole of lockdown with no visitors ect only seeing her family through FaceTime ect. Being in hospital is hard for anyone but through millies condition she suffers from anxiety she has missed almost a year at school which going back is going to be a massive struggle. Millie is medicated through ng & on numerous amounts of medication but nothing seems to help her , she's had multiple sugeries to try help her but still again nothing has seemed to help her. Millie has now been accepted to go to great ormand street in London for further testing to get a diagnosis for her & find treatment plan that will help her have a quality of life. Unfortunately for us London costs a lot our hospital here will fund travel & accommodations but unfortunately we have living expenses down there & keeping a house running at home while we are their which we don’t know how long we will be there for. Im asking for donations in helping Millie get a stable life & be a child again.
https://gf.me/u/ysxu2a?fbclid=IwAR1ikHWHd_pPfho91lfrmW_NlCDUVbggCwseqF_2tktllOJ3qBBt8FEKYnc

I have a copy of the siege of Derry by Carlo Gebler and behind closed doors by WP Malcolmson if anyone is interested in maybe doing a swap of books. If this is OK admin?

The Grianán Of Aileach is a hilltop fort in County Donegal not far from the border with County Londonderry and has commanding views around the surrounding area and far over the River Foyle and Lough Swilly and the Innishowen Pennisula. It was built sometime in the period 600-700 AD.​

It was during the period from 1874 to 1878 that Dr Walter Bernard, a member of the Church of Ireland, and resident of Queen Street, Londonderry, restored the Grianan of Aileach on Grainan hill just a short distance from Burt Presbyterian Church, County Donegal. Many of the local farmers provided carts and men to assist Dr Bernard in this work. The old ring fort had lain in ruins for many years.

Dr Bernard is buried in Londonderry City Cemetery.

The fort is featured in the banner of the Burt Faith Defenders Orange Lodge.

The Burt platoon of the Ulster Volunteers at Baronscourt in 1913.

At the Somme many the Donegal Volunteers would make the final sacrifice alongside Scottish Orangemen who would would die serving in the 11th Battalion of the Royal Inniskilling Fusilliers. Several companies of the Scottish Brigade of the Ulster Volunteers (some 9,000 men were training in Scotland by the summer of 1914) and members of the British League for the Support of Ulster from Newcastle and County Durham bolstered the 11th which was mainly composed of farmboys from counties Donegal and Fermanagh.

Buy an art print of The Signing of the National Covenant in Greyfriars Kirkyard, Edinburgh

Prices start at £12.95 but you can change the size.

Purchased the book, looking forward to updating my albeit limited knowledge, once it arrives will update & will more than likely purchase another for a fellow brother

The Thiepval Gallery BHMT

9m ·

'Fountain of Life,' the new book by BHMT Secretary, William Temple, which featured recently in the Derry News, is available to purchase. The cost per book is £10, plus £3.50 p+p. If anyone is interested in buying the book, they can email bhmt.gs@gmail.com. Proceeds from book sales will go to assist the work of the Thiepval Gallery BHMT. Many thanks.

Will check today.
Did you have any success in locating my application and money order. It was sent in July. I was hoping to be reading it by now. If it cannot be sent, I would like at least to have my money order sent back to me. I cannot afford to throw forty pounds away. Please advise. With thanks.

Did you have any success in locating my application and money order. It was sent in July. I was hoping to be reading it by now. If it cannot be sent, I would like at least to have my money order sent back to me. I cannot afford to throw forty pounds away. Please advise. With thanks.

You sent the money order to the Grand Lodge offices. They cashed it and posted Two books.

Upon my enquiry they noted the effect the virus has had on overseas deliveries (and my local sub poster master said some items taking two months to the USA for instance) and have sent a second pair of books.

You sent the money order to the Grand Lodge offices. They cashed it and posted Two books.

Upon my enquiry they noted the effect the virus has had on overseas deliveries (and my local sub poster master said some items taking two months to the USA for instance) and have sent a second pair of books.
Many thanks, first for your patience with me and for the role you have played in solving for me the problems I had with the purchase of the books. I will advise you when they arrive. I look forward to reading this book and my friends reaction when I give him one, he will be happily surprised.
Again, thankyou. Eastneuk56.

Highland Creek L.O.L. 2934 Toronto, Canada is proud to present our 200th Anniversary medal in two different designs. Struck to commemorate the 200th Anniversary of the Orange Parade/Celebration in Toronto Canada 1820-2020. North America's longest continuously run Parade.

Although our celebration is postponed to the 2021 season these collectible medals are available from this page or Ebay. Asking price is $10.00 Cdn each with a postage and shipping charge of $12.00Cdn International Air.

The Officers and Brethren of Highland Creek L.O.L. 2934 thank-you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming all to the Toronto Celebration in 2021!

A link below can be used for any UK orders through Paypal.
UK ORDERS ONLY follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/ycppqdn4

Each medal comes with a leaflet explaining the history of Highland Creek Loyal Orange Lodge.

Purchased the book, looking forward to updating my albeit limited knowledge, once it arrives will update & will more than likely purchase another for a fellow brother

Granted I'm replying to myself, but got delivery within 2-3 days even with the pandemic, good quality, purchased another for a xmas present

Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland

Are you looking for books, badges, cds, dvds, polo shirts, hats or the Grand Orange Lodge of CentenNIal flag? If you are - or even if you're looking for something completely different - don't forget to check out our web shop!

Glasgow's first Boyne parade - 12th July 1821
Orangeism has existed in Glasgow since at least 1813, with the first record of an Orange procession being held on 12th July 1821. In our series of newly published leaflets, we explore many fascinating aspects of the Orange Order’s history within the city of Glasgow.
Today, our first one focuses on our first Boyne Parade.
https://online.fliphtml5.com/hgtp/hdnx/#p=1

GHZDm0I.png

Up A Wee Narrow Close
Orangeism has existed in Glasgow since at least 1813, with the first record of an Orange procession being held on 12th July 1821. In our series of newly published leaflets, we explore many fascinating aspects of the Orange Order’s history within the city of Glasgow.
Today, our second one focuses on the various prominent meeting places we have convened in.
(Please click on the link below to view the booklet)
https://online.fliphtml5.com/hgtp/krjk/#p=1

fkVu5Wi.png

Where Are You Going? - Historic meeting places of the Orange Order in Glasgow
Today, our third one focuses on the various venues our Boyne Rallies have been held in.
(Please click on the link below to view the booklet)
https://online.fliphtml5.com/hgtp/giza/#p=1

LJsEGKY.png

Back