Fantastic Stats

Disco Deejay

Fortress Ibrox

Rangers are undefeated in 14 home European matches, winning ten of them including all five this season.

Rangers have conceded just five goals in those 14 matches.

No visiting team has scored more than once in any of the Gers last 20 UEFA competition encounters in Glasgow, stretching back to the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League group stage.

Rangers have never gone behind at any time during 9 European matches this season, keeping a clean sheet in seven of them.

I'd love to see the total minutes played in Europe, relative to the total minutes we have trailed. Both home and away.

I'd bet that would be a real shocker for both seasons.

Hopefully we can continue this in our next 5 games.

That 09/10 CL Group Stage was horrific.

Steven Gerrard’s European record is nothing short of sensational.

His team is arguably better equipped and set up to deal with Unirea, Stuttgart and Sevilla than we were back then. Unbelievable progress.

My old man use to take me to Rangers matches in such places as Elgin, Peterhead and Stirling (character building apparently) whilst wearing my Andrew Little strip.. Few years later we have a Colombian international leading the line and Jermain Defoe on the bench all the while we are facing Feyenoord on the European stage... Mad
Good on your old man because the haters were hoping we'd lose a generation of younger fans whilst playing in the lower leagues.

I'd love to see the total minutes played in Europe, relative to the total minutes we have trailed. Both home and away.

I'd bet that would be a real shocker for both seasons.

Hopefully we can continue this in our next 5 games.
Away - Trailed for 111 minutes in 11 matches (73m Villarreal, 32m Moscow, 6m Vienna) which equates to 11.2% in total.
Home - Trailed for 1 minute in 12 matches (1' Vienna) which equates to 0.09%.

Total of 112 minutes in 2070 minutes which equates to 5.4% total.

To be behind for 1 minute total at home against Maribor, Ufa, Rapid Vienna, Villarreal, Spartak Moscow, Midtyjlland, Legia Warsaw & Feyenoord is pretty impressive when you look at us pre-Gerrard.

Nobody wants us as the 4th seed in their group, that's for sure.

Back