FARE alert for Lyon game on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FARE attend other games, and punishments are issues to various teams, all of which is openly published online.

Why do we still have people convinced that FARE are just a 1 man band that only go to Rangers games, or that they hate us or treat us worse than other high risk teams?

Given a certain section of our fanbase can't help themselves when it comes to singing certain banned songs, it would be incredibly negligent for FARE (whose whole purpose is to report that behaviour) to not go to a game involving a team that has previous for singing banned songs.
Have you been asleep for the last decade?

None of the above are proscribed by uefa , there’s no reason not to sing them whatsoever

There’s a massive difference between these songs “ annoying “ people who hate us but are completely innocent and fine , and singing about the Pope/IRA/Rifles/Pistols/19th Century Terrorists

There’s no excuse whatsoever for not being capable of understanding the difference
I didn’t comment on uefa, I deliberately kept it to bad press, but let’s develop the point a little.
You‘ve mentioned 19th century terrorists.
I didn’t sing about these folks at Ibrox, but I have used the term and I know exactly to which group of people I am referring and it is not followers of a specific faith, however others in our society rushed to explain to the same UEFA that the two were synonymous, to “help them understand” that we are all bigots.
Look, I have no wish to derail what your saying, your absolutely right that a number of songs should and must be binned and I agree wholeheartedly, but I would caution that we are held to a different measure and even thingS we might currently consider harmless can be twisted; it may not be quite so simple as dropping some obvious stuff.

This shit is absolutely mind numbing. Every single European game we’re more worried we’ll be put out by idiots singing daft songs. Wtf is the point?
It will keep going until we receive another sanction. You only need to look at some of the replies on here with the winks and smiley faces as if it’s some kind of joke , or cat and mouse game with FARE and UEFA . Grown men who care more about singing utterly shite songs than about Rangers football clubs future in European competition. And when the closure of a stand and another round of sheer embarrassment for the club is happening, the people who think it’s all some big laugh will be nowhere to be seen as usual

You can appeal on here and elsewhere till you're blue in the face but we'll still fall foul of FARE until such times as the club starts talking directly to fans and gets AGREEMENT on what we can and cant sing.
The add on to FF and the sash.
Super Rangers and the BB.

What’s the next step with FARE with us???

Pretty sure it’s a stadium closure and everyone can forget the “what about Celtic fans”card.

FARE attend other games, and punishments are issues to various teams, all of which is openly published online.

Why do we still have people convinced that FARE are just a 1 man band that only go to Rangers games, or that they hate us or treat us worse than other high risk teams?

Given a certain section of our fanbase can't help themselves when it comes to singing certain banned songs, it would be incredibly negligent for FARE (whose whole purpose is to report that behaviour) to not go to a game involving a team that has previous for singing banned songs.
Your general point may be fair but to be specific they clearly do treat us far worse than the abusers. If they’re not classified a high-risk team by Fare in terms of songs, chants and banners you would have to agree favouritism can be the only reason?

I didn’t comment on uefa, I deliberately kept it to bad press, but let’s develop the point a little.
You‘ve mentioned 19th century terrorists.
I didn’t sing about these folks at Ibrox, but I have used the term and I know exactly to which group of people I am referring and it is not followers of a specific faith, however others in our society rushed to explain to the same UEFA that the two were synonymous, to “help them understand” that we are all bigots.
Look, I have no wish to derail what your saying, your absolutely right that a number of songs should and must be binned and I agree wholeheartedly, but I would caution that we are held to a different measure and even thing we might currently consider harmless can be twisted; it may not be quite so simple as dropping some obvious stuff.
Where we can agree is that the club themselves need to sit down with th Union bears and RSCs and unequivocally ban any mention of the Sands/IRA/UVF/Pope/Rifles and pistols from our games , no ifs buts or maybes , no” but it’s against the IRA” the weird obsession with it needs binned , until the club come out and start banning fans it’s going to continue . It’s not a tiny minority , people are choking to sing about an Irish terror group at a Rangers game , it’s Fcking weird , and we can cry about FARE and UEFA all we like but it’s not right that grown men the majority of whom are Scottish can’t seem to let go of songs that Ulstermen themselves have rightly binned at Northern Ireland games for example . We even had an ex serviceman on here who had done 4 tours of duty in Belfast during the height of the troubles saying the songs are a total embarrassment but it just falls on deaf ears as some simply don’t want to know

The add on to FF and the sash.
Super Rangers and the BB.

What’s the next step with FARE with us???

Pretty sure it’s a stadium closure and everyone can forget the “what about Celtic fans”card.

Not that simple mate. For a start there's add ons to more than the two songs you mention then there's BMG, 3 Cheers for the R W and Blue and others.

Im not sure FARE will accept the Sash, Derrys Walls, WATP etc but we'll only find out when we're fined/banned.

How many fines have Celtic had in recent years from UEFA?

Their manoeuvring isn’t do them much good in that respect
Aye silly wee fines that wont do any damage. Even though they are in double numbers no serious sanctions seem to be applied.

Sparta are due to play behind closed doors due to racism so they’re not only picking on us.

That's true. They are "picking on" others as well as us but that doesn't make it fair. Why are Celtic getting away with their sectarianism and anti British songs of hate?

Not that simple mate. For a start there's add ons to more than the two songs you mention then there's BMG, 3 Cheers for the R W and Blue and others.

Im not sure FARE will accept the Sash, Derrys Walls, WATP etc but we'll only find out when we're fined/banned.
not illegal one's though

This is all too familiar. I can see what follows in the days ahead following the game.

Were we not on the verge of a full stadium closure just before Covid kicked in?

We had a partial closure, next was full stadium closure then we were kicked out.

Please tell me what is wrong with Follow, Follow and The Sash?
A poster in this thread said no Rangers fan should know what you can and can't sing and you come out with this mince.

These are terrific songs to sing, indeed Follow Follow is one of the greatest club songs ever. However we all know that the brain dead have corrupted it with their pathetic add-ons. The Sash unfortunately has the same problem, the the add-ons make it an easy target for the haters.

Wise up guys, it’s 2021 for heaven’s sake.

This is all too familiar. I can see what follows in the days ahead following the game.

Were we not on the verge of a full stadium closure just before Covid kicked in?

We had a partial closure, next was full stadium closure then we were kicked out.
The meetings with the RSC’S were clear last night.

one more sectarian related incident and it’s a full ground closure.

The worst part of these threads are the number of people that default to “well what fines have celtic had” etc etc

Take some responsibility, act like an adult and don’t sing the songs that are going to land us in sh*t.

That goes for those travelling to away games, if you can’t attend a football match without singing about the pope etc then shame on you.

Have we been punished for songs that haven't been sung?
Eh?

We are being held to a different standard.

The Filth are, literally, serial offenders but have received nothing more than a few minor fines; while we had a partial stand closure.

We need to take FARE seriously, even if they are as bent as Nigel Kennedy's elbow.

Self policing is the only way to win this war ...... if you hear the beginning part of a chant qe should be turning round and telling those to STFU

But they've never had a section closure like we had for Legia. For all their fines, we are far further down the disciplinary road to stadium closure than they are.

Followfollow ? What are you on about ? It’s our anthem ffs . Just don’t be idiotic and sing cretinous addons that ruin a perfect football song

The problem is some fans cannot be trusted to not song those add ons which will get the club in trouble.

It's cringeworthy that we still sing about Bobby Sands and the IRA tbh. Complete riddy.
Grown men as well . Building gallows to be hung from for “ fighting the IRA” from their living rooms in Glasgow . It’s beyond embarrassing and has been for years . And I’ll guarantee you we won’t get past the 20 minute mark on Thursday without the IRA or Sands getting a mention. As you say utterly soul destroying that we are still having to have that discussion and can’t enjoy a game of football without worrying that the FTP Tourette’s will kill the club once again

Everyone seems to forget that not long ago on FF and elsewhere . We were totally behind Glen Kamala after the racism he took. So what gives us the right to think we will get away with it . UEFA class some of the songs /add ins as racist rightly or wrongly. At end of the day we’re not one of Europe’s big hitters so we are easy prey. Remember the only losers when singing these songs are the support and the club who will lose major revenue.

Sing Rangers songs and others that celebrate our culture.

Don’t sing songs about a religion you may not be a fan of, the head of said religion, dead terrorists, or use any term that has been deemed to be offensive to followers of that religion or a country they claim to be from or have an affinity to.

I’m being deliberately vague here because there shouldn’t be a single Rangers fan who doesn’t know what does get us in trouble and what doesn’t.

Sherbrook this is most definitely worthy of the orange font, and posted as an official notice on FF.

If you believe that I know a Nigerian prince that wants to speak with you.

They get fines but never closures, even after invading the pitch.

Whilst I agree with your general point I think you would have to concede that we’ve had bad press for singing
a) The bouncy. - spurious claims about the ditty
b) Penny Arcade - paramilitary fund raising lies
c) Sweet Caroline - well, there you go..
d) Four lads, which was wrongly identified as A naughty song about crop failure.

We’ve even been told The Hokey Cokey is sectarian.

Avoiding the controversial is obvious, who decides what is controversial and what makes it so is a little harder to fathom.

A and B where from demented beggars, fuk them.

Hopefully announcement s before and half time advising the fan's on being careful on singing certain songs
im sure they done this before at Europe game s

Eh?

We are being held to a different standard.

The Filth are, literally, serial offenders but have received nothing more than a few minor fines; while we had a partial stand closure.

We need to take FARE seriously, even if they are as bent as Nigel Kennedy's elbow.
We are being held to the same standard that the dozens of other teams that have had sanctions (some far worse than we've received i.e full stadium closure) due to the behaviour of fans, specifically singing songs perceived to be racist. Our own fans continue to sing these songs despite them being banned for decades now. If we didn't receive punishment for that, then that would be a sign of being held to different standards and not in the way you describe.

It matters not a jot what "The Filth" get punished for, or how harsh their punishments are. What matters is what affects our club, and what can be done to stop that happening.

It's like a shoplifter moaning that the police are out to get him, treating him differently and that they should go chase real criminals while he continues to break the law every week.

If you were pissed off with the pricing of the 3 match package, just imagine how pissed off you are going to be if you can only attend 2 of the games due to a stadium closure.

We all know what is and isn't allowed, lets get behind the team.

It's embarrassing we need to have this discussion before every Euro game. There is an element of the support who won't listen to anyone, they'll keep singing whatever they want wherever they want.

All the club can really do is show UEFA they are doing their best to stop it via things like the Everyone Anyone campaign and handing out bans etc.

December 2011
Fined £12,700
Singing pro-IRA chants during a Europa League clash with Rennes in Glasgow.

March 2012
Fined £21,000
Setting off fireworks and unveiling an insulting banner aimed at UEFA during their Europa League fixture with Udinese in Italy.

September 2012
Fined £4,200
Setting off fireworks at Celtic Park during a Champions League qualifier with Cliftonville.

December 2013
Fined £42,000
Green Brigade unveiling "illicit banners" featuring IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands before a Champions League match with AC Milan.

September 2014
Fined £15,900
Displaying a Palestinian flag during a Champions League qualifier against KR Reykjavik.

February 2015
Fined £7,300
Setting off fireworks and clashing with rival supporters and Croatian police during a Europa League group stage match against Dinamo Zagreb.

March 2015
Fined £3,600
Setting off flares during a Europa League clash with Inter Milan at the San Siro.

February 2016
Fined £10,000
Improper conduct by players and setting off fireworks following a Europa League tie with Fenerbahce in Istanbul.

August 2016
Fined £8,616
Flying Palestinian flags and illicit banners in the Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

February 2017
Fined £16,050
Crowd disturbances and setting off fireworks during a Champions League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

July 2017
Fined £20,000
Crowd-related offences including blocked stairways and another illicit banner featuring a paramilitary-style figure during a Champions League home qualifier against Linfield.

October 2017
Fined £8,900
Fan invaded the pitch and aimed a kick at Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League match at Celtic Park.

August 2019
Fined £11,000
Setting off flares and throwing objects in a play-off match against AIK in Stockholm.

October 2019
Fined £10,400
Setting off flares during a Europa League match against Cluj at Celtic Park.

November 2019
Fined £12,900
Singing obscene chants and displaying an illicit banner in a Europa League match against Lazio at Celtic Park.

August 2021
Fined £6,000
Setting off fireworks and invading the pitch during a Europa League qualifier against Jablonec at Celtic Park.
How many of those games did they actually win.

I’m at the stage now where I just expect there to be drunken morons in the support that think they can sing whatever the hell they like. European nights really do bring out the roasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back