FARE alert for Lyon game on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's embarrassing we need to have this discussion before every Euro game. There is an element of the support who won't listen to anyone, they'll keep singing whatever they want wherever they want.

All the club can really do is show UEFA they are doing their best to stop it via things like the Everyone Anyone campaign and handing out bans etc.

I think that is suitable in isolated cases, my worry remains the away games

How many fines have Celtic had in recent years from UEFA?

Their manoeuvring isn’t do them much good in that respect
We are being held to the same standard that the dozens of other teams that have had sanctions (some far worse than we've received i.e full stadium closure) due to the behaviour of fans, specifically singing songs perceived to be racist. Our own fans continue to sing these songs despite them being banned for decades now. If we didn't receive punishment for that, then that would be a sign of being held to different standards and not in the way you describe.

It matters not a jot what "The Filth" get punished for, or how harsh their punishments are. What matters is what affects our club, and what can be done to stop that happening.

It's like a shoplifter moaning that the police are out to get him, treating him differently and that they should go chase real criminals while he continues to break the law every week.
Specifically comparing our treatment by Fare with the abusers’ treatment by Fare is not the same as that all all.

It would be the same thing as two shoplifters being caught on camera and the police deciding for reasons of personal preference or perhaps even discriminatory reasons to charge shoplifter a and not shoplifter b.

You’re confusing two different issues. Nobody sensible disagrees with your point that fans shouldn’t sing these songs or even that there shouldn’t be punishments for repeat offenders if others are being treated in the same way.

The issue is there are two clubs in the same city who have a problem ( I’d argue their issues are worse but that’s another discussion) and yet one is constantly monitored by Fare and another is pretty much ignored by Fare. There’s just no good reason for that. The palpable unfairness also just means our own hard of thinking say ‘they get to sing what they want and I will too’

There was a meeting over the last couple of days with RSC’S I won’t go into everything but fare will be at every game and 1 more sectarian indiscretion leads to a full ground closure.
Can you say how many RSC's were involved and do they intend letting the rest know what was discussed?

Can you say how many RSC's were involved and do they intend letting the rest know what was discussed?
There are a series of focus groups with the RSC’S over the next couple of months.

I presume they were all invited to apply via their secretary.

this one was mostly about behaviour and it seemed like a final shot across the bows.

the next one will be about ticketing etc which should be a laugh.

December 2011
Fined £12,700
Singing pro-IRA chants during a Europa League clash with Rennes in Glasgow.

March 2012
Fined £21,000
Setting off fireworks and unveiling an insulting banner aimed at UEFA during their Europa League fixture with Udinese in Italy.

September 2012
Fined £4,200
Setting off fireworks at Celtic Park during a Champions League qualifier with Cliftonville.

December 2013
Fined £42,000
Green Brigade unveiling "illicit banners" featuring IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands before a Champions League match with AC Milan.

September 2014
Fined £15,900
Displaying a Palestinian flag during a Champions League qualifier against KR Reykjavik.

February 2015
Fined £7,300
Setting off fireworks and clashing with rival supporters and Croatian police during a Europa League group stage match against Dinamo Zagreb.

March 2015
Fined £3,600
Setting off flares during a Europa League clash with Inter Milan at the San Siro.

February 2016
Fined £10,000
Improper conduct by players and setting off fireworks following a Europa League tie with Fenerbahce in Istanbul.

August 2016
Fined £8,616
Flying Palestinian flags and illicit banners in the Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

February 2017
Fined £16,050
Crowd disturbances and setting off fireworks during a Champions League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

July 2017
Fined £20,000
Crowd-related offences including blocked stairways and another illicit banner featuring a paramilitary-style figure during a Champions League home qualifier against Linfield.

October 2017
Fined £8,900
Fan invaded the pitch and aimed a kick at Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League match at Celtic Park.

August 2019
Fined £11,000
Setting off flares and throwing objects in a play-off match against AIK in Stockholm.

October 2019
Fined £10,400
Setting off flares during a Europa League match against Cluj at Celtic Park.

November 2019
Fined £12,900
Singing obscene chants and displaying an illicit banner in a Europa League match against Lazio at Celtic Park.

August 2021
Fined £6,000
Setting off fireworks and invading the pitch during a Europa League qualifier against Jablonec at Celtic Park.

Cheers John.

Proves the point. 16 charges in less than a decade & no stands closed. And look at the values as others have said.

Very clear agenda.

Please protect our club bears.

Sing Rangers songs and others that celebrate our culture.

Don’t sing songs about a religion you may not be a fan of, the head of said religion, dead terrorists, or use any term that has been deemed to be offensive to followers of that religion or a country they claim to be from or have an affinity to.

I’m being deliberately vague here because there shouldn’t be a single Rangers fan who doesn’t know what does get us in trouble and what doesn’t.

Spot on Sherbrook, every Rangers fans knows the songs, add ons, etc not to sing. If you love the club, confine these to the bins once and forever, where they rightly belong.

There was a meeting over the last couple of days with RSC’S I won’t go into everything but fare will be at every game and 1 more sectarian indiscretion leads to a full ground closure.

That's extremely worrying.

I hope the Club have also been meeting with the UBs and asked them to lead by example when it comes to singing in the ground.

That tweet they made has done us a massive favour in defending ourselves when it's just their word again ours but if they collect evidence then they can still get us done.

I fully expect them to come out on Friday morning and congratulate the Rangers support for the massive change in our songbook that's taken place over the years

After all, If you really want people to change you have to reward good behaviour

Am I being naive? :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with the tunes in your car or at home, but we all know the score here ...

Nowhere Near The Fucking Stadium or Public Areas. No f**king add-ons or naughty tunes. Aint fare (see what I did there?) but lifes no fair.

Plenty of more classic PC anthems to be blasted.

Bloody hell. :(
The drunks with their Buckie will as usual be out in force.
Never see them at any other time, need to tell them to shut up or get them removed.

Self policing is going to be so important tomorrow. If we hear anyone at all trying to get banned songs going, then we need to shout them down.

let’s face it, there’s going to be some idiots in the crowd.

Bloody hell. :(
The drunks with their Buckie will as usual be out in force.
Never see them at any other time, need to tell them to shut up or get them removed.
Doesn’t help the club pricing so many season ticket holders out the 3 match package taking all 3 payments at once, just after the last season ticket payment went out.

Fare will be in every single stand tomorrow.

We are being held to the same standard that the dozens of other teams that have had sanctions (some far worse than we've received i.e full stadium closure) due to the behaviour of fans, specifically singing songs perceived to be racist. Our own fans continue to sing these songs despite them being banned for decades now. If we didn't receive punishment for that, then that would be a sign of being held to different standards and not in the way you describe.

It matters not a jot what "The Filth" get punished for, or how harsh their punishments are. What matters is what affects our club, and what can be done to stop that happening.

It's like a shoplifter moaning that the police are out to get him, treating him differently and that they should go chase real criminals while he continues to break the law every week.
if you don't believe we are being held to a different standard by FARE, you haven't been paying attention.

Serious question. Do they get given tickets by UEFA or are they sad enough to buy tickets for our matches?
They buy random general tickets, the club don't know who they are but they are there on behalf of UEFA, at one of the games we were reported for a few seasons ago the rep was sitting in the Broomloan.

Where we can agree is that the club themselves need to sit down with th Union bears and RSCs and unequivocally ban any mention of the Sands/IRA/UVF/Pope/Rifles and pistols from our games , no ifs buts or maybes , no” but it’s against the IRA” the weird obsession with it needs binned , until the club come out and start banning fans it’s going to continue . It’s not a tiny minority , people are choking to sing about an Irish terror group at a Rangers game , it’s Fcking weird , and we can cry about FARE and UEFA all we like but it’s not right that grown men the majority of whom are Scottish can’t seem to let go of songs that Ulstermen themselves have rightly binned at Northern Ireland games for example . We even had an ex serviceman on here who had done 4 tours of duty in Belfast during the height of the troubles saying the songs are a total embarrassment but it just falls on deaf ears as some simply don’t want to know
The club have done exactly that with RSC's last night and tonight, I was at the meeting last night and the club made it clear what wasn't acceptable, however the majority of the daytrippers who make a lady's front bottom of themselves at our euro home games aren't season ticket holders or members of RSC's, you only have to stand outside the Louden and see the state of folk piling off the subway, the big euro nights are the only games they go to.

I personally don't give a rats-@rse about fines other lot got across the city.

This is about The Rangers, nothing more. Fare are out to get us, we have to wise up and not give them the ammunition.

As many have said, there is loads of good old songs more in line with our history. It's time to get our own house in order, let them have their expletive add-ons. Cut out the shit in songs and show we are the people.

And don't forget lads, even having a wee sing-song on your way to or from the match will have you splattered all over the front pages, involve a major police investigation and probably have you arrested and banned from Ibrox for a considerable amount of time!
We are now apparently Public Enemy #1......so caw canny!

Who gives a %^*&, I just don't want a stadium closure. They also box clever we don't
Well, I give a f''k that one organisation full of Rangers hating scum get to target Rangers and only Rangers.

Do I think we need to be more street wise, or stop playing into the haters' hands? Of course I do.

But Sweet Caroline blows every argument out of the water.

If we behave like Mary Whitehouse, they'll make it up anyway.

Of course if our management were more street wise or politically astute they'd have had FARE nailed to the floor with their one way, nakedly and brazenly one sided agenda years ago.

Given the shit storm of the last couple of weeks we can expect that this organisation will be highly motivated to put Rangers and their Fans in the dock(again).

Just as Liewell and Michael Nicholson have maneuvered themselves to the upper echelons of EUFA bureaucracy to promote Celtc's interests, so have our haters, almost exclusively, ensconced themselves in FARE to do the same by attacking Rangers and their fanbase. It would appear from recent actions and pronouncements their sole focus has been on us and they have adopted the Steve Clarke principal of selective hearing to anything from the stands of the team with whom they share an allegiance. The SMSM will, without doubt, from the evidence of recent days be only to happy to run with any negative agenda FARE set.

All of the above does not negate our responsibility to support The Rangers in a loud but positive manner tomorrow night. These occasions are always complicated by the fact that many who attend are not the usual Season Ticket holders and some tend to go beyond the excellent environment the ST holders have cultivated now for many seasons, as was witnessed at Ibrox for the recent OF game.

Stay safe and stay smart everyone and counsel the same from your fellow fans.
Won’t make blind bit of difference...well intentioned nevertheless.

Hardly any Rangers fans read FF and genuinely understand the potential threat.

Cheers John.

Proves the point. 16 charges in less than a decade & no stands closed. And look at the values as others have said.

Very clear agenda.

Please protect our club bears.

December 2011
Fined £12,700
Singing pro-IRA chants during a Europa League clash with Rennes in Glasgow.

March 2012
Fined £21,000
Setting off fireworks and unveiling an insulting banner aimed at UEFA during their Europa League fixture with Udinese in Italy.

September 2012
Fined £4,200
Setting off fireworks at Celtic Park during a Champions League qualifier with Cliftonville.

December 2013
Fined £42,000
Green Brigade unveiling "illicit banners" featuring IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands before a Champions League match with AC Milan.

September 2014
Fined £15,900
Displaying a Palestinian flag during a Champions League qualifier against KR Reykjavik.

February 2015
Fined £7,300
Setting off fireworks and clashing with rival supporters and Croatian police during a Europa League group stage match against Dinamo Zagreb.

March 2015
Fined £3,600
Setting off flares during a Europa League clash with Inter Milan at the San Siro.

February 2016
Fined £10,000
Improper conduct by players and setting off fireworks following a Europa League tie with Fenerbahce in Istanbul.

August 2016
Fined £8,616
Flying Palestinian flags and illicit banners in the Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

February 2017
Fined £16,050
Crowd disturbances and setting off fireworks during a Champions League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

July 2017
Fined £20,000
Crowd-related offences including blocked stairways and another illicit banner featuring a paramilitary-style figure during a Champions League home qualifier against Linfield.

October 2017
Fined £8,900
Fan invaded the pitch and aimed a kick at Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League match at Celtic Park.

August 2019
Fined £11,000
Setting off flares and throwing objects in a play-off match against AIK in Stockholm.

October 2019
Fined £10,400
Setting off flares during a Europa League match against Cluj at Celtic Park.

November 2019
Fined £12,900
Singing obscene chants and displaying an illicit banner in a Europa League match against Lazio at Celtic Park.

August 2021
Fined £6,000
Setting off fireworks and invading the pitch during a Europa League qualifier against Jablonec at Celtic Park.

Exactly, How the hell can they get fined £42,000 for illicit banners in September 2013 and £15,900 in 2014 for Palestinian flags and a further 3 fines later and 3 years later get fined £8616 for illicit banners AND Palestinian flags.?????

Last edited:
These are terrific songs to sing, indeed Follow Follow is one of the greatest club songs ever. However we all know that the brain dead have corrupted it with their pathetic add-ons. The Sash unfortunately has the same problem, the the add-ons make it an easy target for the haters.

Wise up guys, it’s 2021 for heaven’s sake.
2021, the era of the snitch and cancelling each other by people being human cctv cameras. Yes, it's such a wonderful time of human decency or should I say faceless sewer rats.

That's extremely worrying.

I hope the Club have also been meeting with the UBs and asked them to lead by example when it comes to singing in the ground.
They do lead by example.
Not there fault pissed up guys from other parts of the ground obsess over the pope more than Celtic fans.

I fully expect them to come out on Friday morning and congratulate the Rangers support for the massive change in our songbook that's taken place over the years

After all, If you really want people to change you have to reward good behaviour

Am I being naive? :rolleyes:
Imagine the riddy when an anti-racism organisation comes out and congratulates Rangers for managing to go a game without being racist.

I agree i hate that we are losing these songs.

But the amount of drunken nuggets at Ibrox on a euro night only to happy to sing them.

These people only seem to turn up on these nights.
Why's that then, because st holders dont buy the tickets and the club have to sell them to the public to fill the seats?

Good to see the usual crowd talking down our fans again before a ball is kicked.

Give it a break. Had to put up with this crap all season. Pull the guys up if you feel that strongly instead of coming on here calling people for everything.

Why's that then, because st holders dont buy the tickets and the club have to sell them to the public to fill the seats?
It could well be that maye some cant afford expense and/or struggle with midweek games.

Overall the supports fantastic on euro nights but against Malmo and Aleshkert i seen loads of fans who were that out it they couldn't have enjoyed game.

Usually see the odd one or 2 but for some reason this season it was a lot more noticeable.

What proof do FARE provide to UEFA? Is it a recording? How many folk singing do they need to hear?

Just seems open to abuse from them.

Well, I give a f''k that one organisation full of Rangers hating scum get to target Rangers and only Rangers.

Do I think we need to be more street wise, or stop playing into the haters' hands? Of course I do.

But Sweet Caroline blows every argument out of the water.

If we behave like Mary Whitehouse, they'll make it up anyway.

Of course if our management were more street wise or politically astute they'd have had FARE nailed to the floor with their one way, nakedly and brazenly one sided agenda years ago.
You do realise several other European clubs have had stand closures and even full stadium closures due to supporters behaviour?

Im not saying we aren’t treated differently to them but we are hardly the ONLY club targeted , as that’s absolutely not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back