FARE showing their true colours this morning - over to you Rangers?

He’s a developer at FARE network which I think means he develops guidance, education and instruction literature. FARE will say he does not attend our games (which is part of their rule book) so any argument or presentation to UEFA has to be carefully thought through and based on his demonisation of Rangers fans in general. The term ‘manky mob’ is pretty important. Not a term consistent with stamping out bigotry.

Am I correct in saying this mob are in receipt of government funding?
Its fucking beyond farcical.

I hope our learned bears bombard various msp’s with the evidence and demand answers.

I would, but I’m as thick as pig shit.

I know lots of people have said ban them from Ibrox, but can we actually do that if they are working on behalf of UEFA?

We may aswell all give up if the club are sitting back taking this.

some people are far too quick to have a go at the club for situations like this.

the rhecord are reporting that the club are raging by it and have contacted Fare, and Uefa, wanting an explanation.

fair play to them for NOT ‘sitting back taking this’.

I accepted the club's statements following the UEFA sanctions, and thought they struck the right tone with regards to asking the support to take responsibility. The flip-side of that is when blatant bias like this comes to light: they have a responsibility to defend us and themselves. FARE are completely unfit to judge anything that pertains to Rangers, and the club needs to go nuclear on this.
Brilliant post.
You should email or tweet this to the club

An apology is insufficient. I assume our club will draw UEFA's attention to this issue and ask for an explanation of why a private and supposedly
anti-discrimination organisation is publishing material that is seriously discriminatory and by the law of this country ventures into the area of criminality. What measures does UEFA apply to ensure that FARE representatives are themselves non-discriminatory. In essence, who regulates FARE?

Meh. At best they'll release a statement, plenty of people will go "boom, headshot". Then the next European game FARE will report us for something.

I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of statements. Action is needed.
Exactly this.
Get the finger out Rangers and go after these bigots.

An apology is insufficient. I assume our club will draw UEFA's attention to this issue and ask for an explanation of why a private and supposedly
anti-discrimination organisation is publishing material that is seriously discriminatory and by the law of this country ventures into the area of criminality. What measures does UEFA apply to ensure that FARE representatives are themselves non-discriminatory. In essence, who regulates FARE?
According to the Record the club have. Someone can C+P.

Rangers now have a glorious chance to nail this sham of an organisation once and for all and now have been given ammunition to take this as far as possible directly with UEFA.

The club will probably have to do this privately, but should be issuing a brief statement highlighting their big concerns, and confirming their course of action to seek urgent talks with UEFA.

The club should then be DEMANDING that UEFA provide ALL documentation from FARE relating to the club since FARE's inception, and who has been involved in the decision making.

And we should be leaving no stone unturned at shining a light on everyone involved in the Rangers FARE witch-hunt and their connections.

We should also be demanding the identities of all FARE reps attending our matches, and a cast-iron guarantee of their impartiality.

When consumed with such hatred and double-speak, the truth will always out, and this has happened quite spectacularly today, and is beautifully ironic.

Let's see if this makes our national news, as it should be the fkn lead story.

I’ve just reported FARE to themselves. Had to use their form with some N/A but did so on the basis this bigotry came from their own official twitter.

“FARE network retweeting messages supporting someone describing Rangers fans as Manky Mob. Also clearly following people who are very anti Rangers. Supporting the term ‘Manky mob’ especially when referencing an incident 30+ years ago is not consistent with stopping bigotry or working with clubs to encourage improvements they have made. “

I won’t hear anything but they will get the point. I also suggested they speak to any Glasgow area employees without naming names. Utterly sick of them parading as non partisan.

Last edited:

and they can make up all the excuses they want bt his came from their employee from their official twitter.

Exactly. The issue here is that an organisation which is supposed to battle bigotry does not have adequate vetting procedures for its own employees/reps and is therefore not capable of performing the role it purports to. It’s a scandal.

We can’t accept that “apology” and must insist that FARE are not fit to sit in judgement of us at any time in the future due to their institutional bias against our Club.

I’ve just reported FARE to themselves. Had to use their form with some N/A but did Simon the basis this bigotry came from their own official twitter.

“FARE network retweeting messages supporting someone describing Rangers fans as Manky Mob. Also clearly following people who are very anti Rangers. Supporting the term ‘Manky mob’ especially when referencing an incident 30+ years ago is not consistent with stopping bigotry or working with clubs to encourage improvements they have made. “

I won’t hear anything but they will get the point. I also suggested they speak to any Glasgow area employees without naming names. Utterly sick of them parading as non partisan.

Can you send us a link to the form you used

We can’t accept that “apology” and must insist that FARE are not fit to sit in judgement of us at any time in the future due to their institutional bias against our Club.
We should take this the whole way and insist that they are unfit to sit in judgement on anyone with regard to offensive behaviour.

We all know they are about as impartial as Joe the bhigot.

Rangers now have a glorious chance to nail this sham of an organisation once and for all and now have been given ammunition to take this as far as possible directly with UEFA.

The club will probably have to do this privately, but should be issuing a brief statement highlighting their big concerns, and confirming their course of action to seek urgent talks with UEFA.

The club should then be DEMANDING that UEFA provide ALL documentation from FARE relating to the club since FARE's inception, and who has been involved in the decision making.

And we should be leaving no stone unturned at shining a light on everyone involved in the Rangers FARE witch-hunt and their connections.

We should also be demanding the identities of all FARE reps attending our matches, and a cast-iron guarantee of their impartiality.

When consumed with such hatred and double-speak, the truth will always out, and this has happened quite spectacularly today, and is beautifully ironic.

For every game where we have been punished due to FARE, there will also have been a UEFA delegate.

Should we have been punished based on FARE and not the UEFA delegate, we should sue FARE for the costs incurred.

We should be demanding to know who the individual was who posted it - and what action has been taken against them.

We should take this the whole way and insist that they are unfit to sit in judgement on anyone with regard to offensive behaviour.

We all know they are about as impartial as Joe the bhigot.

This ir our City, and these are our Colours !!!

This is our City …. And these are our Colour’s ….

The above 2 lines are the 1st 2 lines in his latest rant.

He defo doesn't have a log in for here, shit spelling and grammar along with incorrect ellipsis use the giveaway.

If they are the stupid ones what does that make us?

But We are the people right? As in We are the people on the end of these spud thick bastards agenda to be more precise.

As has been evidenced here and on numerous other occasions this is the level of intelligence we are up against. Hardly mensa material were talking about are they ? And yet STILL we fail to adequately deal with the likes of this bottom feeders like this.

Make no mistake if the shoe were on the other foot here the wheels would already be in motion to use an opportunity like this one for maximum exposure. And how would they achieve this? By working together, taking the time and effort to make sure it reached the RIGHT ears further up the food chain. That's what's missing from our community..... but aye, they are the stupid ones.

Wow !.......So according to you, we are the stupid ones......going by your post looks like some of us are

A fucking lecturer as well.

Should be sacked for this. Has anyone contacted his employers?

Cant actually prove it’s him George but almost certainly is. I think the key here is for the club to attack FARE through UEFA. It’s their twitter. Don’t accept shiite about mistakes from them. Whoever he is is their employee and is symptomatic if their own prejudice against a group of innocent people - I am now part of a ‘Manky mob’. I can accept that from an opposing fan but not from FARE.

FWIW this was my email to FARE today. no response as yet.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I am deeply distressed to see on social media this morning a view using foul language describing Rangers Football Club supporters repeated and endorsed by FARE.

I understand FARE is a non discriminatory organisation and to do such completely undermines past and future work.

I trust you are aware of the endorsement I am referring to.

As such, I seek an explanation of how this happened, why this happened and who was involved in this happening. Further to this, I seek to know the ramifications for the individual involved the next stage in the process involving UEFA. Has the individual been involved in any reporting instances involving Rangers?

I am keen to stress, this requires a full investigation as this affects Rangers Football Club and all UEFA member clubs.

I look forward to receiving your response."

100% agree with this.

Hiding in plain sight. From football organisations to political parties. Get them all so far to %^*&. It's time we started weeding out these bitter mentally challenged bastards.

Cant actually prove it’s him George but almost certainly is. I think the key here is for the club to attack FARE through UEFA. It’s their twitter. Don’t accept shiite about mistakes from them. Whoever he is is their employee and is symptomatic if their own prejudice against a group of innocent people - I am now part of a ‘Manky mob’. I can accept that from an opposing fan but not from FARE.
Good point well made RFCIbrox.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if evidence was uncovered showing he was the messenger? How are we progressing this I wonder? Club 1872? When they confirm the culprit. Are Fare obliged to divulge the outcome of their internal investigation - to us - the ordinary supporters?

The whole fact this has been retweeted from FARE’ S own Official Account means they have fucked up and now is the Clubs chance to put these fucks to bed, if there’s nothing from our club I seriously give up.

I could not agree more with you.
The club should be shouting from the rooftops that Fare (and NBM) are biased against Rangers and cannot be trusted.
If we qualify tomorrow, then for the next round perhaps money could be raised for a banner which shows the retweet from Farenet and asks: ‘Are you going to report this racism?’

You just can't sensibly ask supporters to regulate themselves for the benefit of a totally broken, corrupt organization. How would that go? "Aye, we know they're specifically targeting Rangers fans and trying to fit you up for the benefit of Celtic, but gonnae just go along with it for an easy life?"

Done
A retweet from the @farenet Twitter account of a tweet by Sean Butler @seanybhoy617 which read: ‘Oh I see the manky mob are a wee bit upset about a video of Broony allegedly singing a song. Well there’s yer whole team and staff singing about 19th Century Terrorist blood and FTP.’
A video is attached to the tweet that is about 30 years old as I understand it.
This was posted on the official Twitter account of an organization which was established in order to remove and fight racism/sectarianism in football.
Without doubt this is evidence of sectarianism within FARE itself and this blatant public abuse of Rangers supporters means the organization should never in future be allowed to act as UEFA as observers at any game involving Rangers FC.
Organizations such as FARE have to not only be unbiased but they also have to be seen to be unbiased.
From now on no Rangers supporter, or indeed the club, can legitimately trust FARE to act as impartial observers

Back