Match Thread Faroe Islands v Scotland - sky sports main event 19:45

Why would some people not have good reason ?
You just woken up from a 10 year sleep ?
Just in case I'll list 3 reasons
SFA, Clarke, Tartan Tubes.
I can understand why people might not care but why hate? If you hadn’t noticed there were Rangers players in that squad and other possible players (Jack, Wright) that could join them if they were to manage to get to the World Cup.

Dykes is actually scoring goals, but in all honesty, I think he is a terrible footballer.
That said, he has just equalled some record that Colin Colin Stein has held for half a century or so.
I mean I wasn't slagging Dykes of for that. He is good at what he does and it fits a Clarke side.

The type of manager I would want in there though would play with Nisbet. They would also drop this stupid system and man up and tell Robertson and Tierney they are in competition for that Left Back role.

He wouldn’t by a wider audience, by some sure, but most would have been equally content as they are now, the take is the strange part
Steve Clarke seems to get a FAR easier time from the Scottish media than Alex McLeish ever did with Scotland. I wonder why.

That was a totally embarrassing Scotland performance, our defence is a shambles.
To be fair the draws were embarrassing. Clarke made an arse if it but luckily Patterson and Gordon got him out of jail. Northern Ireland and the republic are gone and wales are clinging on. Despite Clarke we are still in it. It's an improvement from recent World Cup campaigns.

Some people on this thread appear to be disappointed that Scotland managed to win that in the end. Sad.
I think some of the less mature Bears think it's extra staunch to hope Scotland lose. Whether it's an SNP thing or Tartan Army thing, I'm not sure.

I'd rather not be pushed away from supporting the country of my birth by wanks, so I'll stick with being a Scotland supporter.

I think some of the less mature Bears think it's extra staunch to hope Scotland lose. Whether it's an SNP thing or Tartan Army thing, I'm not sure.

I'd rather not be pushed away from supporting the country of my birth by wanks, so I'll stick with being a Scotland supporter.
Agree mate. In the coming years I can see more and more Rangers players getting into the Scotland squad so will be interesting to see how these same fans respond to that.

Another thing is firstly we are making far too heavy weather of a relatively easy group but... I'll take shitty wins ahead of glorious failure right now .

Patterson showing why he should of started when he came on. Well done young man.

However from my viewpoint there is a clear unwillingness from mctominey to pass to Patterson. Which is criminal considering how much of a bombscare mctominey is!

How did that work out for you...lol :)
Glad it worked, but bringing a more defensive minded wingback on for an attacking wingback with 10 minutes to go makes no sense.

As I said elsewhere, it should have happened 20 minutes earlier. If Clarke needs Patterson instead of Fraser to bail him out, then he made the wrong selection to begin with.

Glad it worked, but bringing a more defensive minded wingback on for an attacking wingback with 10 minutes to go makes no sense.

As I said elsewhere, it should have happened 20 minutes earlier. If Clarke needs Patterson instead of Fraser to bail him out, then he made the wrong selection to begin with.
As usual with him, pals first.

So, if we beat Moldova (or games go in our favour) is that a playoff we got into to progress/qualify?

Dykes is actually scoring goals, but in all honesty, I think he is a terrible footballer.
That said, he has just equalled some record that Colin Colin Stein has held for half a century or so.
I read that Maurice Johnson scored in 5 successive games in the 80s.

Craig Gordon had as good a half as you've seen from a Scotland goalie in a long time. A couple of world class saves and a couple more that easily could have been goals.

Let that sink in against the Faroe Islands.
And once that's sunk in, assuming we get the win against Moldova and secure 2nd place, take a look at the other confirmed or likely teams we could face in the playoffs. With the exception of one or two that we could maybe beat over 2 legs at a push, the rest will be hoping they get drawn against us!

If we make the playoffs, we need to beat 2 teams to qualify.
Seeding is vital, we would struggle against most of the seeded teams.
Here’s the current standings, points vs bottom seeds don’t count so we are likely to need something vs Denmark

Seeded
Portugal 16 points
Scotland 14 points
Switzerland 14 points
Norway 14 points
Croatia 14 points
Spain 13 points

Unseeded
Czech 11 points
Poland 11 points
Romania 10 points
Ukraine 9 points
Wales
Austria

He took Scotland to Euros and is on verge of a World Cup play off, while McLeish had them getting pumped 3 nil in Kazakhstan.
Maybe explains the easier press B-)
Eck had done a fair portion of graft to get us to Euros. At least some part. Posed no real threat at the Euros. Happy to be there. Scraped past Faroes and Israel. Hardly glowing.

I mean I wasn't slagging Dykes of for that. He is good at what he does and it fits a Clarke side.

The type of manager I would want in there though would play with Nisbet. They would also drop this stupid system and man up and tell Robertson and Tierney they are in competition for that Left Back role.
And that m’lord is why sheamaker shouldn’t be a football manager, the defence rests its case.

Just spotted that Denmark have scored 27 and conceded 0 in 8 games. That is outrageous.
Denmark reminds me of small footballing countries like Croatia and Uruguay that punch above their weight, came damn close to reaching the euro finals.

Reactions: fmp
Denmark reminds me of small footballing countries like Croatia and Uruguay that punch above their weight, came damn close to reaching the euro finals.
When you list these countries there's really no excuse for us to be so dreadful.

Alex McLeish put Scotland in position to qualify for the Euros. Steve Clarke coaching us on taking penalties got the credit.
McLeish had 7 defeats in his 12 games in charge, he scraped a nations league group that contained Israel and Albania and was correctly sacked after the pumping in Kazakhstan.
To compare his record with Clarke he has 9 defeats out of 29 games with a win percentage of 44.8 per cent

Back