Match Thread Faroe Islands v Scotland - sky sports main event 19:45

Watching the highlights on BBC

Listening to Michael Stewart talk about Tierney is giein me ra boak

He’s at the very least nursing a wee semi for him

I think some of the less mature Bears think it's extra staunch to hope Scotland lose. Whether it's an SNP thing or Tartan Army thing, I'm not sure.

I'd rather not be pushed away from supporting the country of my birth by wanks, so I'll stick with being a Scotland supporter.
Some people on here come across like they would buy the guy pumping their wife a beer afterwards, never forget.
I don't hate Scotland but I can't for the life of me understand a bear supporting them and wish our player(s) would withdraw from selection every time.

Awful performance tonight. Of the starting XI only Gilmour, Dykes & Gordon could possibly claim pass marks. Maybe Tierney.

Hendry, Hanley, Fraser, McTominay & Christie were all absolute gash

McLeish had 7 defeats in his 12 games in charge, he scraped a nations league group that contained Israel and Albania and was correctly sacked after the pumping in Kazakhstan.
To compare his record with Clarke he has 9 defeats out of 29 games with a win percentage of 44.8 per cent
Until an hour ago, Albania were second in a group with England, Poland and Hungary. Clarke's Scotland finally beat Israel on Saturday after a loss and 2 draws. The Nations League group is what put us in position to qualify for the Euros. There's no denying that.

Clarke's wins have still come against:
Cyprus (2)
Khazakstan
Czech Republic Reserves (covid game)
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Faroes (2)
Luxembourg
Austria

For the record, Eck won 5 of 12 (42%), Clarke has won 44%.

Eck's wins in second spell:
Hungary
Albania (2)
Israel
San Marino

Yes I will compare his record. Eck won against better competition. Clarke will beat dross and get you a draw against slightly better than dross.

Stranger than strange post
Literally never heard any Scotland fan claim the 0-0 at Wembley was a good result
Don't agree with that. There were plenty who were thrilled with that result.

You only had to look at the fixtures to know Scotland's best (only) chance was to get a result against the Czechs. Clarke shit the bed.

He's getting credit for selecting Gilmour when he waited one game too long to do it.

On ITV Ian Wright saying what a fantastic substitution Patterson was and how he changed the game.
A legend of the game knows what he’s talking about.
They are bitter bastards up here. once upon a time, not matter what colour you wore on a Saturday, didn't matter on a Wednesday, you wore the dark blue and you got 100% support. Sturgeons Scotland, republican shit hole now.

Some people on here come across like they would buy the guy pumping their wife a beer afterwards, never forget.
I don't hate Scotland but I can't for the life of me understand a bear supporting them and wish our player(s) would withdraw from selection every time.
Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Graeme Souness all support Scotland. Supporting Scotland is entirely compatible with supporting Rangers.

I’ll be dammed if I let nationalist Hamishes stop me from following the national team.

If there was a permanent UK national side, I’d support them. But there isn’t, so I back Scotland and also wish England, Wales and Northern Ireland well.

The performance isn’t really important when you win.

I can give you a months notice now that Moldova away will be an equally grim slog, and we’ll also probably just about win it and the playoff will be ours.
Doubt Moldova will be anywhere near as tough. They really are a bad lot. In the last 8 years they have won 4 games I think, against Andorra, San Marino and Azerbaijan. They have lost nearly all the rest.

They are, to coin the technical term, pure mince. I confidently predict we will skelp them 3 or 4.

Until an hour ago, Albania were second in a group with England, Poland and Hungary. Clarke's Scotland finally beat Israel on Saturday after a loss and 2 draws. The Nations League group is what put us in position to qualify for the Euros. There's no denying that.

Clarke's wins have still come against:
Cyprus (2)
Khazakstan
Czech Republic Reserves (covid game)
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Faroes (2)
Luxembourg
Austria

For the record, Eck won 5 of 12 (42%), Clarke has won 44%.

Eck's wins in second spell:
Hungary
Albania (2)
Israel
San Marino

Yes I will compare his record. Eck won against better competition. Clarke will beat dross and get you a draw against slightly better than dross.

Did you genuinely list out all those teams and come to the conclusion that the sides Eck beat were better? I mean you're so far wrong I'm wondering if you've mixed the sides up.

Did you genuinely list out all those teams and come to the conclusion that the sides Eck beat were better? I mean you're so far wrong I'm wondering if you've mixed the sides up.
Yes, Czech teams were like U-21's. I'm assuming that's what you're hanging your hat on. You're wrong.

He's not wrong though Hungary and Albania are better than any of those sides in the other list. Czech Republic being the only decent team and weren't they playing their second string side due to whole team isolating?

Hurting are you?
Hurting, we scored 1 goal against the Faroese at the death. You proud of that? The Faroe Islands. You are even starting to put me off the original yosser. Gies a job, I can do that. All joking aside we’re you happy? Or are you just going to cheer yourself up calling everyone little Englanders. Plenty Remember your shit during the Euros. I suppose we are a broad church.
I honestly think you are just smarter than the average troll.

We were woeful last night but it was a game that was only ever about getting the three points by hook or crook.

The Faroe Islands away in the middle of October was never going to produce silky football. The first half we were particularly awful and couldn’t get to grips with their plastic pitch. That thing makes the Tony Macaroni look like a bowling green.

Denmark laboured to a late win there in similar circumstances; likewise, arguably better Scotland teams have failed to pick up three points on a couple of occasions.

Scotland :cool:

Wee Billy :cool::cool:

Nathan :cool::cool::cool:

Yet another late goal I see. Scotland’s luck must be running short by now,
It’s all set up for another epic fail / gruelling slog.

What’s the betting Scotland fail to win in Moldova then be forced to try and end Denmark’s 100% record at Hampden in order to qualify?

Awful game hampered by McTominay, Fraser and Christie being utter dross.
Ended up switching it off. I guess it's the result that matters but deary me that was fucking honking.
Too many uber staunchers here on this thread, if you don't like Scotland don't fucking post. Simple.

Hopefully the end of people asking why dykes plays.

Give the big man the chances and he puts them away.

Apologies mate - but I can't agree with this

I can understand why he plays - but IMO it's because there's precious few alternatives right now

I can recognise the fact he's big awkward & a bit of a handful - but expecting more from him isn't realistic IMO

I'd argue he's not great at puting chances away - despite being the 1st Scottish player to score 4 on the trot since Colin Stein ( the differences in skill & ability between the two is night & day)

I've no wish to be critical for the sake of it - & I've no malice against the guy - but I still think he's not even average most of the time

Just my opinion - of course

He's not wrong though Hungary and Albania are better than any of those sides in the other list. Czech Republic being the only decent team and weren't they playing their second string side due to whole team isolating?
In one of the games, the other win was their normal side.

Austria are probably better than Hungary, and probably better than Albania.

Could make a case for Slovakia being better than both of them also.

I actually think I’m being generous there, as both Austria/Slovakia are better than the other two teams IMO.

Love Eck as much as the next guy, and dislike Clarke as much as anyone, but saying Eck beat better teams over the course is nonsense.

That was dreadful. Was hoping we'd do them comfortably, but not Scotland, we have to do thing's the hard way.

If we secure a play off place how are the seedings determined?

Some tough teams will be included

Group A- Portugal or Serbia
Group B- Spain or Sweden
Group C-Italy or Switzerland
Group D- France, Ukraine, Finland or Bosnia
Group E- Czech or Wales
Group G- Holland, Norway or Turkey
Group H- Russia or Croatia
Group I- England, Poland or Albania
Group J- Romania, North Macedonia or Armenia

Not easy

If we secure a play off place how are the seedings determined?

Some tough teams will be included

Group A- Portugal or Serbia
Group B- Spain or Sweden
Group C-Italy or Switzerland
Group D- France, Ukraine, Finland or Bosnia
Group E- Czech or Wales
Group G- Holland, Norway or Turkey
Group H- Russia or Croatia
Group I- England, Poland or Albania
Group J- Romania, North Macedonia or Armenia

Not easy
It’s done on number of points. Teams in 6 team group get the points vs bottom place deducted. This is how seedings currently look but Portugal and Spain likely to be replaced by Serbia and Sweden by close of play.

Seeded
Portugal 16 points
Scotland 14 points
Switzerland 14 points
Norway 14 points
Croatia 14 points
Spain 13 points

Unseeded
Czech 11 points
Poland 11 points
Romania 10 points
Ukraine 9 points
Wales
Austria

They got the 3 points but that's all you can say about the game. Tartan trannies and the snp have killed my enthusiasm for Scotland.

They got the 3 points but that's all you can say about the game. Tartan trannies and the snp have killed my enthusiasm for Scotland.

It amazes me that people still steam into these threads posting hubristic trash like this.

"Hold the phone, random stranger on the internet Govanfront66 no longer has any enthusiasm for Scotland!"

When you truly don't care, you will not even feel the urge to click on the thread, let alone post in it.

Hurting, we scored 1 goal against the Faroese at the death. You proud of that? The Faroe Islands. You are even starting to put me off the original yosser. Gies a job, I can do that. All joking aside we’re you happy? Or are you just going to cheer yourself up calling everyone little Englanders. Plenty Remember your shit during the Euros. I suppose we are a broad church.
I honestly think you are just smarter than the average troll.
Denmark only scored 1 goal against the Faroese at the death.

Doubt Moldova will be anywhere near as tough. They really are a bad lot. In the last 8 years they have won 4 games I think, against Andorra, San Marino and Azerbaijan. They have lost nearly all the rest.

They are, to coin the technical term, pure mince. I confidently predict we will skelp them 3 or 4.
Also Moldova’s best player was sent off last night and now misses the game against us.

Lyndon Dykes reminds me of the big farmer type guy that played up front for Aberdeen, scored a barrel load of penalties and looked average outside that, that some of our fanbase had a semi for.

Heard him described as 'our talisman'. By %^*& we've had some pish 'talismans' in the last 20 years.

Back