Farthest you have ever walked to see the Famous Glasgow Rangers?

Walked from Glasgow city centre to East Kilbride years ago when we had about 3 foot of snow and the roads were a no go , had to get home from work so had no other option , but to do it there and back for the football is mental :D fair play to you OP.

Furthest I think I’ve walked to a game is Glasgow central to Ibrox on a scorching summers day a few years back.
Cheers G. I have done a few crazy things in my life, beats the boredom! I got married in 1978 the day before we won the league. Was gutted I missed the game! :mad: Still married to the same "lady" btw (Defoe no pics), now that's what I call mental!:cool:

Used to hitch it to see Rangers as a teenager. Some long walks while waiting on a lift. Bears were helpful though.
Remember an old man and his wife in their wee car giving me a lift after midweek cup game at Brechin. She was doing the knitting in front seat.
They attended every match.

6 miles from Dennistoun to Ibrox - and then the 6 miles back home after it as well. We were playing a midweek game against Dundee in 1968 and I only had the boys gate admission money. I was too old for a 'lift o'er' by that time.
Now you could buy Dennistoun:)

Regularly walked from Mount Florida to Ibrox as a teen. Not that great a distance, but more enjoyable after a win.

Walked occasionally from Croftfoot in my youth.
Now in King's Park and the last time I walked home was about 10 years ago and it was blowing a gale. Quite scary walking through Pollokshields and Govanhill and hearing things rattling on the roofs. By the time we got to Mount Florida part of Cathcart Road was taped off as tiles had blown off a tenement.

Walked from Cardonald to the Piggery in 1993. Old man was giving it, "we'll grab a taxi if we see one", just kept walking. Stopped in the city for a couple of pints, so it was about a 2 1/2 hour walk.

Started to do the same coming back, but realized we might cross the path of some angry utes, so grabbed a taxi after about a mile or so.

Got beat 2-1 as well. Went to grab a pint in Cardonald, opened the door of the boozer, to be met with the sound of republican bile, spun on heel and fucked off out of there.

Laughing at those saying the club deck as that's where i am but so bloody true.

Thank christ i've got a lift pass :))

Thank feck it’s not just me out of breath with that ascent. I usually stop at the top to recover pretending that I’m just admiring the view.

My longest walk to see the Gers was at a youth tournament in France late 80s near Metz. I had foolishly assumed the game was at Metz ground (older bears will remember Eric Black played for them at the time)

Anyway turns out the game was at a tiny ground out in the sticks miles from Metz. Only bus I could find dropped me at some deserted spot miles from it, and I hoofed it from there. Seemed like forever. Fortunately the ground had a well stocked bar and I was able to refresh myself adequately.

Personally City Centre to Ibrox.
My grandad told me years ago that a few of the workers from the farms outside Strathaven used to walk to games at Hampden, Shawfield, Cathkin, Ibrox and the Piggery, this would be pre world war 2, apparently he did it himself a few times

Walked from Newcastle to Berwick back in the 60’s.
(We missed our bus back to Glasgow) in Berwick we got a ride in a bakers
van to Edinburgh,then hid in a train heading back home.Three days on the road.I cherish the memory to this day.;)

I had shorts on and felt it getting colder and colder after the game not quite freezing but and I hardly drank which didn’t need help haha

Some trip tbh apart from the result and madness. Got out of Manchester quick style the following morning as per GMP instructions, I was only trying to keep the peace but got caught up in the bedlam.

I mind the GMP saying don't even stop at Southwaite Services ffs mate. :)

Some trip tbh apart from the result and madness. Got out of Manchester quick style the following morning as per GMP instructions, I was only trying to keep the peace but got caught up in the bedlam.

I mind the GMP saying don't even stop at Southwaite Services ffs mate. :)
Missed mostly all of it Seen the madness once I came out from game looked very eventful haha

I haven't undertaken any mammoth walks to see The Gers, but many, many years ago, I walked thirteen miles through foot deep snow for my Nat King.

From memory, the walk from the square in Bratislava to the football ground took me and the boys 2 days

Probably the Emirates tourney in 2009. Well not strictly walking to the game, but got extremely drunk and walked about for what felt like hours trying to find our hotel.

FFS was that 2009?

Remember stopping in a Columbian 'restaurant' - more of a greasy spoon but the Corona was £2 a bottle.
Wee sing song - two [or three] boxes of corona later, we got the munchies, they served us soup with a fucking sheep's head in the bowl, eyes, teeth the lot. My brother nearly fainted, I thought it was 'no bad' until I emptied my arse in the stadium at half time. There was a smell of death according to fellow bears.
Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Walked a half marathon that day.

Great thread ,

Ibrox is a 200 mile round trip for me so I've never walked it lol.

When Rangers did come to my hometown however I walked there and back from my house just so I could say I've walked to a rangers game.

Walked from Clydebank to the Centenary match in 1973 against Arsenal.
5p admission, cheap day out!
I was 11 at the time, pocket money didn't stretch too far in these days.

Furthest I’ve walked to a match is nothing compared to some on this thread. :). Probably Crossmyloof or Central to Ibrox is about it.

However, I’ve walked home from the city centre to deepest south Lanarkshire whilst steaming in the past. Went through EK on the way and still had a long long way to go. LOL

My pal and I when around 14, walked from Toryglen to Blochairn Road in Springburn to get a lift from a delivery lorry that was heading north to Dundee.We left at around 6 am as the lorry was leaving at around 8 am. We were playing Aberdeen and hoped to continue from Dundee to Aberdeen.
When we got to Perth ,the lorry driver arranged for us to transfer to another lorry which was going to Aberdeen.
We arrived in Aberdeen around 1pm and eventually went to the game.
After the game we struggled to get a lift back down the road, and began walking south around 8pm. After about 10 miles or so, we managed to hitch a lift from a lorry heading to Perth. Once at Perth we got dropped off and eventually got a lift the following morning from a supporters bus heading to Stirling, where we got off and made our way back to Glasgow by public transport to I think Killermont Street bus station and then home by corporation bus to Toryglen, where we arrived around 5 pm on the Sunday.

1979 and that fateful night at the piggery when we conspired to lose the league to them. There was a bus strike on at the time so walked from the potato bowl to central station whilst getting a sore face from a mob of tims. Train from central to Paisley then an hours walk from the town centre to Foxbar. Not a good evening!

Drumchapel to Ibrox with a couple of mates in the 70's, when you were either daft or extremely nut's to walk throught the Clyde tunnel back then.
It was ok going, but after the game, going home it was squeaky bum time. :eek::)

Back