Fashion Jr - Running In Behind & Energy

He might be quick and stuff but i rarely saw it today. The service up to the top wasn’t great.

I did watch him pre match and he had 5 shots, all wide or over the bar which was a bit iffy for a striker

He worked well when we played through the middle for the 1st 45 mins and used his talents and drive. 2nd half we reverted to slow lazy balls across the pitch put wide and hit aimless crosses and he couldn't be as effective.

He did well though. Defo a player in there.

He worked well when we played through the middle for the 1st 45 mins and used his talents and drive. 2nd half we reverted to slow lazy balls across the pitch put wide and hit aimless crosses and he couldn't be as effective.

He did well though. Defo a player in there.

When people start to say that there is usually never a player there :)

Throughout the game, but particularly in the first half, he was making darting runs off the last man when Goldson/Davis/Kamara/Tav had posession but the ball was never played and he had to check his run. It's something we need to be much better at the quick ball over the top into space to mix it up.

We rarely play it long to Alfredo, he prefers coming short so it was almost like our players weren't even looking for that run as an option. Sakala now gives us that so we need to use it.

I thought he did well for a first start and looked lively but understandably tired in the 2nd half. Look forward to seeing him start again on Wednesday.

I thought he was bang on average today. His decision making, final pass and shooting was poor.

He should have played Barišić in but he played it out the park, his movement when we were on the break was poor - never gave an angle and his shooting was rash.

To me he still looks very raw.

As for Wright. Lacked end product. Both were offering very little in the 2nd half and deserved to be hooked. People wanted Wright in for Kent. Well today showed again that Wright isn’t close to being on Kent’s level, even when Kent is not 100%.
All true yet we were worse when they went off.

I think there's a potentially big player for us in there. Pace and directness can take you a long way in this league, though it is more difficult to utilise that playing in a team like ours who expect to dominate. He's going to need to learn very quickly that you don't get any time on the ball with your back to goal here. Got caught a few times trying to bring it in and turn today but overall a promising performance and always good to get off the mark.

What a difference having someone willing to run into the space behind and press from the front.

Thought he was infections in that regard and genuinely couldn’t understand why he deserved to be substituted.
Don’t be daft don’t start talking about giving people time, it wont catch on.

Early days but he doesn't look like a football player to me or at least the quality we require.

Poor first touch, no composure, can't play with back to goal, on the positive side he has pace, which will always give defenders problems but am not convinced he will have a consistent end product.

Having said that, Fashion was previously used / successful in a front two, playing off a Striker.

Today, at the substitutions was the perfect time to go 4-2-4 with Fashion, alongside Morelos. This would have been a decent plan b for me, more players in the box, something different for Motherwell to think about and we could have seen how Fashion would play off Morelos.

Even just to try for 10 mins.

Throughout the game, but particularly in the first half, he was making darting runs off the last man when Goldson/Davis/Kamara/Tav had posession but the ball was never played and he had to check his run. It's something we need to be much better at the quick ball over the top into space to mix it up.

We rarely play it long to Alfredo, he prefers coming short so it was almost like our players weren't even looking for that run as an option. Sakala now gives us that so we need to use it.

I thought he did well for a first start and looked lively but understandably tired in the 2nd half. Look forward to seeing him start again on Wednesday.
This. We didn't adjust our game enough to exploit the differences between Alfie and Fashion. He was making runs as you say and the ball should have played in behind, There was room in there today.

I'm quite excited by the little we've seen of him so far.
He's certainly a bit raw but he looks to have that energy, desire, unpredictability and yes talent that made Rangers heroes out of the likes of Nacho and Sone Aluko...players that can get you on the edge of your seat and sometimes you see a bit of absolute brilliance and other times you think "what the fcuk was he thinking there!"
I like him!

I thought he and Wright had done absolutely nothing for about 20 minutes before they were taken off. Don’t think either had any cause for complaint.

Though to be fair, anyone other than Aribo and Kamara couldn’t have complained at being taken off.
I agree about them both doing nothing for a 20min period prior to being subbed ....

However in the second half everything went down the right side of the pitch for some reason. Wright looked to be playing on the left of the front 3, maybe why he fell out of it in the 2nd half and didn't have the same impact he had in the 1st half.

I thought he was bang on average today. His decision making, final pass and shooting was poor.

He should have played Barišić in but he played it out the park, his movement when we were on the break was poor - never gave an angle and his shooting was rash.

As for Wright. Lacked end product. Both were offering very little in the 2nd half and deserved to be hooked. People wanted Wright in for Kent. Well today showed again that Wright isn’t close to being on Kent’s level, even when Kent is not 100%.
Mate you must've been watching a different game to me. Wright during the first half was very good as was Sakala.

Definitely proved he has something in the first half, faded second, but who didn't.
Correct the 2nd half team performance was a shadow of what they delivered in the first 45. Which was arguably our best 45mins attacking display this season(embarrassing when you think we only scored 1 goal)

Thats right, I forgot close range finishes aren’t end product. Super Ally didn’t produce much for us did he :))
What about the one in the second half he tried to murder and sliced wide? The daft header he tried when Roofe was at the penalty spot free? Poor decision making, with no end product outside his tap in.

Looked lively and able, yes, but needs to work on the end product.

What about the one in the second half he tried to murder and sliced wide? The daft header he tried when Roofe was at the penalty spot free? Poor decision making, with no end product outside his tap in.

Give it up mate, you said “where was the end product today?” when he scored our only goal. It was daft, and every attacker misses chances and makes poor decisions. But if they get in the right place and score a goal every week then that’s fine by me.

Give it up mate, you said “where was the end product today?” when he scored our only goal. It was daft, and every attacker misses chances and makes poor decisions. But if they get in the right place and score a goal every week then that’s fine by me.
He was wasteful outside his goal no matter what way you word it, no amount of verbal gymnastics will change that.

He was wasteful outside his goal no matter what way you word it, no amount of verbal gymnastics will change that.
Sorry mate but asking where the scorer of our only goal’s ‘end product’ was today and then accusing someone else of verbal gymnastics is hilarious. That’s exactly what you’ve been doing by suggesting that his goal being a tap in (and missing another chance) means there was no end product there.

Bit of a cliche but he does need a run of games! He's been very unlucky with his stop/start to the season, convinced he'll be a quality player for us

Sorry mate but asking where the scorer of our only goal’s ‘end product’ was today and then accusing someone else of verbal gymnastics is hilarious. That’s exactly what you’ve been doing by suggesting that his goal being a tap in (and missing another chance) means there was no end product there.
We are going round in circles. You think his goal makes up for the wasted chances, I don’t. Opinions are wonderful, eh?

He was a breath of fresh air with his energy.
Now for me, our two full backs were the polar opposite, jogging about and looking laboured.
Bassey and Patterson would bring more energy and and pace into the team alongside Sakala.
It's tough to drop the captain, especially when he dug us out at St J last week but the team needs an injection of energy.
Spot on.

FF is bi-polar at times.

Only days ago some on here were saying he doesn't look like a footballer.

For the record, I'm glad he shut them up.

Over a year on and im still not sure what Roofes position is

I do think that in the box he’s undoubtedly our best finisher Ricksen, but in terms of what we need outside the box, to dominate & hurt the opposition, I’m like you, and unsure where Gerrard is expecting him to contribute.

He’s one of the few who have seemingly had a good pre season, so I was expecting to see a Roofe I had heard others bears praise.

Not so far, for me anyway.

Looked lively and able, yes, but needs to work on the end product.

Yes, this is fair criticism CB.

I love his pace & energy, but a few of his decisions were bad, per your examples.

Im not sure he’s a good footballer per se, but we do have a lot of class from such as Hagi & Aribo, that hopefully he can be developed & can be on the end of.

Likewise, there’s a natural balance between him & Morelos, and I hope we work on that link up too.

Thought he was pretty lively yesterday and could see he wanted to make some decent runs. Unfortunately, Goldson dwindles on the ball too often the pass doesn't happen.

Correct...

Back