Fashion Sakala in advanced Rangers signing talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Daily Record even had that level of sourcing it would be an upgrade. The reality is the hacks there spend all day reading websites and reposting stories they read from actual journos.

As for this chap I would be somewhat reluctant to buy a player from the Belgian League which is about 1/2 a notch above the French. We do not want another Zungu signing.
Wow.

are you avtually turning your nose up at the belgian and french leagues :))

Seems like a good bit of business on a free and different to what we have.

Just wonder if we will loan Itten out or even move him on, he’s a decent player but is he going to be anything other than backup backup striker

If the Daily Record even had that level of sourcing it would be an upgrade. The reality is the hacks there spend all day reading websites and reposting stories they read from actual journos.

As for this chap I would be somewhat reluctant to buy a player from the Belgian League which is about 1/2 a notch above the French. We do not want another Zungu signing.
We got Hagi & Roofe from the Belgian league & they’ve done not too bad ...

Sakala - 24 & plays across the front 3 and is playing in the Belgian 1st division

Zungu - 28 plays a holding midfield role & was most recently playing in the French 2nd division

Comparing the two is utterly laughable.

The ignorance is breathtaking.

Are the sources well placed in Africa or just well placed Africans? I'm not having it until this is established.

I know we have some very good midfield players but with davis probably about to play his last season at the top level(next season) i would love it if we could stretch our budget/use most of it on finding the best replacement we can afford.

a young upcoming supremely talented playmaker 21/22/23 who can dictate the pace and tempo of our play and who we can use next season to mould and fit into our style of play and have him ready to take the place of davis season 22/23.

or an experienced quality version who could fit in this coming season depending on if davis can keep up his high level of form.

huge decision from management/coaching/ross wilson on who/what we decide to do as i think this position is instrumental in how we play and if we get the right guy then i see us being very difficult to catch in the league for next couple of seasons.

No, he’s been the best player in Portugal this season out with Benfica, Sporting and Porto whilst out performing most of their players.

cheers mate i genuinely did not know that.

have we been linked with him by any decent sources or is it a case of folk thinking he would be a good signing?

is he a wide/no.10 attacker?

cheers mate i genuinely did not know that.

have we been linked with him by any decent sources or is it a case of folk thinking he would be a good signing?

is he a wide/no.10 attacker?
Just people think he’d be a good signing mate, no link at all and seemingly people close to him are saying he wouldn’t come back to Scotland!.

I can’t see us paying big transfer fees this summer so the move makes sense!!

Playing at a good level as well

Sakala - 24 & plays across the front 3 and is playing in the Belgian 1st division

Zungu - 28 plays a holding midfield role & was most recently playing in the French 2nd division

Well Roofe and Hagi made their name elsewhere so dont really figure.

As for Zungu he is unproven at a level above that which we are talking about, similar to Fashion.

He is also someone we were linked to for some time, similar to Fashion.

It could be a lot of effort for a player, Fashion, who cannot improve Rangers, similar to Zungu.

I suspect that the free agent options will be key to us this year given how tough the pandemic has been can maybe see one transfer fee being paid without a big sale but if a sale happens then obviously money will be spent on replacements

Zungu has never played in the 2nd division.

Already laughing thinking about the ACON meltdown on here next season

As for Zungu he is unproven at a level above that which we are talking about, similar to Fashion.

It could be a lot of effort for a player, Fashion, who cannot improve Rangers, similar to Zungu.
Hagi had done nothing of note out with a decent spell for his dads team in Romania, hence why he had been at 4/5 clubs by time he was 20.

I don’t necessarily agree with the logic that “every leagues better than the Scottish league” but signings like this on a free are good business and the reward far outweighs the risk.

His record isn’t to dissimilar to Roofe’s in Belgium, and he seems to play primarily as a wide forward.

See nothing about the deal that means we shouldn’t take it up.

I still want us to go for wee Dembele at Celtic. The wee mans contract is up at Celtic in the summer. He is small but a great prospect if someone can hone is skills and strength plus he went and changed his allegiance to England over Scotland. So that plus going to us will just fucking destroy them.

I don't know about this guy but if Jack Hendry can get player of the year over there then it really can't that good a standard.

I still want us to go for wee Dembele at Celtic. The wee mans contract is up at Celtic in the summer. He is small but a great prospect if someone can hone is skills and strength plus he went and changed his allegiance to England over Scotland. So that plus going to us will just fucking destroy them.

I don't know about this guy but if Jack Hendry can get player of the year over there then it really can't that good a standard.
He’s got a further year at Timmy.

You’re latter point is just the height of ignorance also. Hendry did not get player of the year. A club award maybe but nothing in terms of major as they haven’t been announced yet.

Overall standars is well above SPFL. Outwith us and them no teams in Scotland would beat any Belgium team in a 2 leg European tie.

Reactions: LD5

You’re latter point is just the height of ignorance also. Hendry did not get player of the year. A club award maybe but nothing in terms of major.

There goes that idea of getting one over on them. I was sure it ran until summer 2021 must've had some extension clause in there.

If this is true I think this could turn out to be a very good signing, especially if we line up in the Champions League qualifiers with a front three of Kent, Morelos and Sakala.

All on top form that is a frightening amount of pace, power and skill.

Reactions: cav
I've never actually seen him play so can't say whether it's a signing I'd like to see or not but it's one that seems to drop up in multiple transfer windows so maybe well placed African source is onto something?

:D :D :D clueless.

If granny had baws she would be your grandad. We are in the market for potential. Morelos was playing at a lot lower level and look at him.

Every signing is a bit of a gamble. Those in charge just now are getting way more right than wrong.

If this is true I think this could turn out to be a very good signing, especially if we line up in the Champions League qualifiers with a front three of Kent, Morelos and Sakala.

All on top form that is a frightening amount of pace, power and skill.
He sounds like he has a bit of zip about him and could be a flair player.

You’re latter point is just the height of ignorance also. Hendry did not get player of the year. A club award maybe but nothing in terms of major as they haven’t been announced yet.
To be fair everyone thought his contract was up this summer until very recently, Transfermarkt must have been updated in the past few days. Naive for anyone to suggest we could poach him just like that though.

Punting on Bosmans?

I hope our people have loftier ambitions and smarter strategies. With all due respect.
Aye your right, why get a quality player for free when you can pay £5m for one.

I’m sure the head honcho’s will spend money where required, good players out of contracts where we can save money will obviously happen too.

Punting on Bosmans?

I hope our people have loftier ambitions and smarter strategies. With all due respect.

Aye, bosman signings at Rangers have never been successful;

Rod Wallace, Dado Prso, Steven Davis, Scott Arfield, Alan McGregor, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Tony Vidmar, Jermaine Defoe, Leon Balogun, Glen Kamara (had we not paid £50k to get him earlier), Ryan Jack, Jon McLaughlin.

7 of our current title winning squad were bosmans.

No, he’s been the best player in Portugal this season out with Benfica, Sporting and Porto whilst out performing most of their players.

Anyway, that’s for another thread :))

Just people think he’d be a good signing mate, no link at all and seemingly people close to him are saying he wouldn’t come back to Scotland!.
The comnon consensus on here regarding gauld seems to be that he is overrated. The truth of the matter is that he is actually massively underrated.

Fair play on doubling down on the nonsense you’re spouting.

There were rumours about Roofe long before he signed. I've no idea if he's any good, so I'll keep counsel. I'd be astonished if Defoe is here next season because he's barely featured and is now fighting Itten for 4th/5th slot behind Morelos, Roofe and Wright.
Tell the journalist we've nobody on loan at Huddersfield (though it does sound a wee bit like Wycombe).

I don't think we'd pull out of a deal because their side leaked it.

If we believe in the player that shouldn't matter.

I don't know anything about this guy if I'm honest, but good enough record in Belgium.
It is well documented that character is as big a part as ability when it comes to our signings.

The company you keep can tell a good bit about a person's character.

Honestly what are the chances that mob have African sources when they dont have any decent Scottish ones?

My African sources tell me the daily record talks a pile of shite
That was my thoughts about the record, take what they say with a massive pinch of salt, plus don't think Fashion would suit Rangers style, WATP

In all seriousness, this is a rumour that doesn’t seem to be going away and having never seen him I can’t say much other than it looks like he’d fit our fluid system.

Knows where the net is, and would add some pace to the front three.

SIGN UM.

Was definitely one I was keen on after the initial links. Fast, skilful and critically seems to have good production which a lot of wide players seem to lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back