Fashion Sakala in advanced Rangers signing talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday Mail - Scott Mcdermott
He has noted the following in his article on the player (on the back of an interview with David Bates)

“The Oostende forward announced on Saturday that he is joining Gers on a free transfer”

Has this just been made up?
I think so, I looked for it on twitter and couldn't see official confirmation.

Alot of tweets from Belgian fans saying the same.

Oostende play Standard Liege on the last day of the season, it seems maybe some confusion as to which game he was going to confirm it. Obviously last game makes more sense.

I think so, I looked for it on twitter and couldn't see official confirmation.

Alot of tweets from Belgian fans saying the same.

Oostende play Standard Liege on the last day of the season, it seems maybe some confusion as to which game he was going to confirm it. Obviously last game makes more sense.
Thats more like it, it will be after the last game of the season.

On ye come big boy....

tres-mullets.jpeg
Still I prefer men B-D

Never seen him play, but his profile seems like one which makes sense to pick up on a bosman. My only worry is apparently he scores most of his goals from balls in behind, which obviously doesn’t happen much domestically for us.

Obviously not the same level, but more Mo Salah than an Eden Hazard?
Yeah along those lines. Does look like he can beat a man when he needs to, but seems to be more about creating and finishing chances at speed as opposed to in style. Someone made a comparison to Novo on one of the pages, he looks like an improved version of him if that makes sense.

If we get him it's a free transfer so minimal risk. I follow Belgian football but tbf I don't watch Oostende (his current club) so can't say whether he is that good.

I’m happy with this.

The boy looks a player by all accounts.

As has been said above we’ve overhyped players based on YouTube videos before, but the Belgian top flight is no easy league.

He has a bit of everything.

I've a Belgian colleague who was upset when we signed Hagi from his club.
Asking him his opinion of this boy.

FASHION SAKALA has dropped a major hint over Rangers' pursuit of the striker.

SunSport exclusively revealed back in February how the Light Blues were hoping to beat a number of English clubs to snap up the Oostende star.

The Zambia forward is out of contract at the end of the season and can agree a pre-contract with interested parties.

There was talk that the 24-year-old would make an announcement on his future over the weekend.

But he has been active on social media this morning liking Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard's latest Instagram post.

The Light Blues gaffer posted a 'WATP' throwback to celebrate three years as boss of the newly crowned Premiership champions.

We reported last week that the striker was keeping a close eye on the Rangers squad after following Kemar Roofe, Borna Barisic, Allan McGregor, Glen Kamara, Bongani Zungu and Joe Aribo on Instagram.

And he has offered another hint over his future with his most recent activity this morning.

Belgian outfit Oostende - who Celtic defender Jack Hendry is currently starring for - are keen to tie down the striker to fresh terms.

However, his recent social media activity hints that a move could be on the horizon.

Gerrard started planning for next season in January with the pre-contract signings of Scott Wright, Jack Simpson and Nnamdi Ofoborh.

Former Aberdeen star Wright and Bournemouth defender Simpson made the switch north early during the winter transfer window.

Rangers have earned a crack at the Champions League and boss Gerrard will no doubt be in the market for reinforcements as they aim to make an impact on the big stage and defend their Premiership title next term.

And it appears Sakala has dropped another major hint that he could be one of the next players to arrive through the doors at Ibrox.

Rangers have two more games to play this season against Livingston and Aberdeen as they bid for an Invincibles league campaign.

They could also smash the 100-point barrier.

From The Sun

SunSport exclusively revealed back in February how the Light Blues were hoping to beat a number of English clubs to snap up the Oostende star.

The Zambia forward is out of contract at the end of the season and can agree a pre-contract with interested parties.

There was talk that the 24-year-old would make an announcement on his future over the weekend.

But he has been active on social media this morning liking Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard's latest Instagram post.

The Light Blues gaffer posted a 'WATP' throwback to celebrate three years as boss of the newly crowned Premiership champions.

We reported last week that the striker was keeping a close eye on the Rangers squad after following Kemar Roofe, Borna Barisic, Allan McGregor, Glen Kamara, Bongani Zungu and Joe Aribo on Instagram.

And he has offered another hint over his future with his most recent activity this morning.

Belgian outfit Oostende - who Celtic defender Jack Hendry is currently starring for - are keen to tie down the striker to fresh terms.

However, his recent social media activity hints that a move could be on the horizon.

Gerrard started planning for next season in January with the pre-contract signings of Scott Wright, Jack Simpson and Nnamdi Ofoborh.

Former Aberdeen star Wright and Bournemouth defender Simpson made the switch north early during the winter transfer window.

Rangers have earned a crack at the Champions League and boss Gerrard will no doubt be in the market for reinforcements as they aim to make an impact on the big stage and defend their Premiership title next term.

And it appears Sakala has dropped another major hint that he could be one of the next players to arrive through the doors at Ibrox.

Rangers have two more games to play this season against Livingston and Aberdeen as they bid for an Invincibles league campaign.

From The Sun
That is a story made up from this thread really

From The Sun
That’s a lot of words without actually saying anything

People are grumbling and having doubts but the guy is Zambian plays in the Belgian league and is 24 and comes on a Bosman , what’s not to like these guys from that league are always absolutely rapid , I’ve yet to meet a slow Zambian , the footage looks great , he may not be the finished article but he will be coached brilliantly and his pace could burn up the SPL . I’m happy with this if it happens .

Last edited:
People are grumbling and having doubts but the guy is Zambian plays in the Belgian league and is 24 and comes on a Bosnian , what’s not to like these guys from that league are always absolutely rapid , I’ve yet to meet a slow Zambian , the footage looks great , he may not be the finished article but he will be coached brilliantly and his pace could burn up the SPL . I’m happy with this if it happens .
He’d be better signing on a Croat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back