Fashion Sakala in advanced Rangers signing talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen him play, but his profile seems like one which makes sense to pick up on a bosman. My only worry is apparently he scores most of his goals from balls in behind, which obviously doesn’t happen much domestically for us.
"he scores most of his goals from balls in behind"
images-6.jpg

People are grumbling and having doubts but the guy is Zambian plays in the Belgian league and is 24 and comes on a Bosnian , what’s not to like these guys from that league are always absolutely rapid , I’ve yet to meet a slow Zambian , the footage looks great , he may not be the finished article but he will be coached brilliantly and his pace could burn up the SPL . I’m happy with this if it happens .

This bosnian he's coming on, is she fit?

People are grumbling and having doubts but the guy is Zambian plays in the Belgian league and is 24 and comes on a Bosnian , what’s not to like these guys from that league are always absolutely rapid , I’ve yet to meet a slow Zambian , the footage looks great , he may not be the finished article but he will be coached brilliantly and his pace could burn up the SPL . I’m happy with this if it happens .

Comes on a Bosnian?

Big Sasa will kick his cùnt in.

Comes on a Bosnian?

Big Sasa will kick his cùnt in.
Bosman , sorry .

Having watched the footage im salivating , imagine Kent down one side Salaka down the other and Morelos splitting arses through the middle , we will absolutely destroy team next season with that triumvirate . Can’t wait .

SG has already had a few shockers, Grezda, Lafferty, Flanagan, Edmundson, Jones, Stewart, Hastie, Barker.

Loans have been poor, Worrall, Sadiq, Ejaria, Ojo, Coulibaly, King, Zungu.

Our recruitment needs to get better, I’m sure with Ross Wilson that will happen albeit the signings of Zungu and Simpson were strange recently. Not to discredit the good work already done, we’ve made some very astute signings too.

Encouraged by the likes of Sakala and Veerms albeit think the latter is out of reach given the fees banded about in Holland.
I'll give you Grezda and Sadiq, neither kicked a ball. Suppose Hastie could be thrown in there too but he was a very low risk domestic signing who, so far, hasn't cut it. The rest contributed in some shape or form in their respective seasons so not having they were all shockers/poor.

Lafferty, Ojo and Ejaria all scored crucial European goals that literally earned the clubs millions more than their fees cost. Jones superb injury time cross for Alfie took us into the group stages and earnt us multiple millions alone. Worral was up and down performance wise but stood tall in a few old firms. Edmundson is still young and has looked decent each time we've seen him, which admittedly has been sparingly. Think the covid thing, rather than his ability, is influencing his inclusion in your list. Flanagan was essentially cover for both full backs and fulfilled that role, sometimes very well, sometimes not so.

Barker scored some crucial goals too, did flatter to deceive, but for free was hardly a disaster. King was loaned as a back up midfielder to a midfield that, that season, were barely injured. Stewart is praised constantly by Gerrard for his attitude etc and how he boosts training standards within the squad, he gets a pass from me. Coulibaly started like a house on fire, scored a few key goals and really looked the part, then got wiped out on the touchline by a St Mirren thug with about 4 mins to go in a game we were cruising. That set him back, then his dad died and he unfortunately wasn't the same player for us after that, it happens.

In short, Grezda was the worst signing as he was permanent and for the first team, cost a few million and contributed zero, yet even then we got some of that back selling him on so not the complete disaster some make out. Sadiq was 3rd or 4th choice striker, the semi showed why he was a poor choice but his career before and especially since, shows there is definitely something there that led to us taking a risk on him and he was just a loan.

Just got to take a look across the city to see that our 'failures' in the market are far less abject, expensive or as numerous as theirs and that is one of the key reasons we are champions and they are not. Not every signing works out, the trick is limiting those that don't. I've been more than happy with our recruitment tbh. Couple of failures, couple of average signings and a wealth of quality players.

I'll give you Grezda and Sadiq, neither kicked a ball. Suppose Hastie could be thrown in there too but he was a very low risk domestic signing who, so far, hasn't cut it. The rest contributed in some shape or form in their respective seasons so not having they were all shockers/poor.

Lafferty, Ojo and Ejaria all scored crucial European goals that literally earned the clubs millions more than their fees cost. Jones superb injury time cross for Alfie took us into the group stages and earnt us multiple millions alone. Worral was up and down performance wise but stood tall in a few old firms. Edmundson is still young and has looked decent each time we've seen him, which admittedly has been sparingly. Think the covid thing, rather than his ability, is influencing his inclusion in your list. Flanagan was essentially cover for both full backs and fulfilled that role, sometimes very well, sometimes not so.

Barker scored some crucial goals too, did flatter to deceive, but for free was hardly a disaster. King was loaned as a back up midfielder to a midfield that, that season, were barely injured. Stewart is praised constantly by Gerrard for his attitude etc and how he boosts training standards within the squad, he gets a pass from me. Coulibaly started like a house on fire, scored a few key goals and really looked the part, then got wiped out on the touchline by a St Mirren thug with about 4 mins to go in a game we were cruising. That set him back, then his dad died and he unfortunately wasn't the same player for us after that, it happens.

In short, Grezda was the worst signing as he was permanent and for the first team, cost a few million and contributed zero, yet even then we got some of that back selling him on so not the complete disaster some make out. Sadiq was 3rd or 4th choice striker, the semi showed why he was a poor choice but his career before and especially since, shows there is definitely something there that led to us taking a risk on him and he was just a loan.

Just got to take a look across the city to see that our 'failures' in the market are far less abject, expensive or as numerous as theirs and that is one of the key reasons we are champions and they are not. Not every signing works out, the trick is limiting those that don't. I've been more than happy with our recruitment tbh. Couple of failures, couple of average signings and a wealth of quality players.
I largely agree. No manager or scouting team will ever have a 100% success rate. I think a 50ish% success rate is fairly standard for most clubs, significantly better than 50% is probably the sign of a good transfer/scouting set-up, much less than 50% is a poor one.

Decent post

Flanagan earned his wage just by that shove in Brown's coupon. One of my favourite all time moments - that and him laughing at Brown's greeting after it.

Can't remember seeing Sadiq with a semi - thought I'd have noticed that B-)

Bosman , sorry .

Having watched the footage im salivating , imagine Kent down one side Salaka down the other and Morelos splitting arses through the middle , we will absolutely destroy team next season with that triumvirate . Can’t wait .

You're anticipating Fashion coming all over Sasa and Morelos splitting arses up the middle,
You living out some sort of fantasy here mate ? :))

People are grumbling and having doubts but the guy is Zambian plays in the Belgian league and is 24 and comes on a Bosman , what’s not to like these guys from that league are always absolutely rapid , I’ve yet to meet a slow Zambian , the footage looks great , he may not be the finished article but he will be coached brilliantly and his pace could burn up the SPL . I’m happy with this if it happens .
Do you ask any Zambian you meet for a race? :))

Think its safe to say this guys been signed.

I've never been given information ever about a player but posted on this thread a workmate of mine is good mates with one of our director's son's and he said this guy had definitely been signed along with some CB, cant remember the name.

Anywhoo you can also read between the lines with Gerrard's press conferences. When we have zero interest in a player we're linked with he will say there's no truth etc etc With Sakala, and Veerman (sp?) he just said we're looking and always wanting to improve the squad. Clearly he wants them, or in Sakala's case has already signed them up.

I've never been given information ever about a player but posted on this thread a workmate of mine is good mates with one of our director's son's and he said this guy had definitely been signed along with some CB, cant remember the name.

Anywhoo you can also read between the lines with Gerrard's press conferences. When we have zero interest in as player we're linked with he will say there's no truth etc etc With Sakala, and Veerman (sp?) he just said we're looking and always wanting to improve the squad. Clearly he wants them, or in Sakala's case has already signed them up.
Doekhi was the centre half you mentioned, hope your colleague is spot on because that would be a decent coup.

I've never been given information ever about a player but posted on this thread a workmate of mine is good mates with one of our director's son's and he said this guy had definitely been signed along with some CB, cant remember the name

Doekhi?

Anywhoo you can also read between the lines with Gerrard's press conferences. When we have zero interest in a player we're linked with he will say there's no truth etc etc With Sakala, and Veerman (sp?) he just said we're looking and always wanting to improve the squad. Clearly he wants them, or in Sakala's case has already signed them up.
Like me Bruce you have a penchant for dressing in all Black for business occasions so I’m going to 100 per cent believe you.

Veerman is the one we need. Would be a great coup
Thats a real CL level signing for me. Massive statement of intent and ambition.

Saw in Gerrards interview today he mentioned he hopes he gets the support from the board in the summer, same tactic he used last year.

I like the skills reel of the Elfsborg central defender Joseph Okumu but I’ve never seen him in a real game and of course it could be entirely misleading lol he very likely isn’t the finished article but he has some talent

Last edited:
Thats a real CL level signing for me. Massive statement of intent and ambition.

Saw in Gerrards interview today he mentioned he hopes he gets the support from the board in the summer, same tactic he used last year.
Midfield needs at least two of significant quality and upgrade on the likes of Jack and Arfield. Good servants but they are just constantly breaking down.

Plus Newcastle and Norwich.

Would be difficult to beat out Atalanta. They already have 2 or 3 Dutch there.
They can also guarantee CL football, likely knock out stage football - plus they are competing for a title these days

Coupled with their Dutch players, then you’d have to imagine he would fancy going there and giving himself a better chance of a Holland cap.

However, we are a bigger club than Atalanta and we could probably offer similar to wages they’d offer - along with the attraction of Gerrard.

They can also guarantee CL football, likely knock out stage football - plus they are competing for a title these days

Coupled with their Dutch players, then you’d have to imagine he would fancy going there and giving himself a better chance of a Holland cap.

However, we are a bigger club than Atalanta and we could probably offer similar to wages they’d offer - along with the attraction of Gerrard.

Don't underestimate the pull our Gaffer has when it comes to attracting players to the club ;)

Got a good feeling about this one! Scoring that many goals for an average team in the Belgian league points to a very good player! Despite what his ex boss may say. Brilliant piece of business to get on a free as well!
Agreed, he sounds like a perfect fit for our system. He can play across the front 3, has blistering pace, is very good at pressing when out of possession and has added goals this season

The standard of coaching, conditioning training, nutrition etc will take him to the next level

It also means we can focus the bulk of our budget on improving the midfield

Reactions: cav
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back