Fashion Sakala loves it

Since the Motherwell game he's impressed me every time he's been on the pitch even against Sparta, really think he's gonna be a key player 2nd half of the season and it's obvious his much he's loved by the fans and his team mates.

I think Alfie gets a lot of unfair criticism, IMO… He doesn’t hide and tries his upmost to link up play.
But for me Sakala’s positional play is far superior to Alfie, especially in the six yard box.
When Gerrard was here, Sakala would replace Morelos, not now.
I think that’s a stroke of genius. A defenders role wouldn’t change if it’s a direct swap. Now we’re keeping our two main strikers on the pitch which gives defenders a problem.

Chipolopolo striker Fashion Sakala has scored his fifth goal of the Scottish Premier League in Rangers FC’s 3-1 away win over Livingston.

Sakala was a second half substitute as Rangers maintained their Scottish Premiership lead on Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s first league match in charge.

Sakala capitalised to head in Rangers’ third in the 78th minute, just five minutes after replacing Ryan Kent.

“The header from Sakala was a relief when it came at the time that it did,” Rangers coach Bronckhorst said in a post-match interview.

Sakala joined Rangers on a four-year deal from Belgian side KV Oostende at the start of the 2021/22 season.

A first for me, sourcing the Lusaka Times.

Chipolopolo striker Fashion Sakala has scored his fifth goal of the Scottish Premier League in Rangers FC’s 3-1 away win over Livingston.

Sakala was a second half substitute as Rangers maintained their Scottish Premiership lead on Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s first league match in charge.

Sakala capitalised to head in Rangers’ third in the 78th minute, just five minutes after replacing Ryan Kent.

“The header from Sakala was a relief when it came at the time that it did,” Rangers coach Bronckhorst said in a post-match interview.

Sakala joined Rangers on a four-year deal from Belgian side KV Oostende at the start of the 2021/22 season.

A first for me, sourcing the Lusaka Times.
Really??

I can't get enough of that newspaper.

Remember when he was signed it was said he could offer something we didn't already have.

Difficult to believe with Morelos, Roofe, Itten, Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Defoe and others at the club.

Really think he's going to be a crucial player for us. Can see him scoring winners in crucial narrow victories. It's great to see him look so happy.

Amazing also the 7 players I listed above are all still on the books.

Reactions: TQ3
As most do he's fallen in love with the club already. He'll be the first name on the team sheet soon enough

You just knew he was up for adding to the score what a cracking header I think he leaped higher in his celebration's, great Rangers future.

It's a joy to see a player smile / react the way he does.
It really is. A lot of players walk about scowling like they don't even like their job and forget what football is.

Sakala loves it, brilliant to see and have around surely. For what it's worth, I think he's better off the bench and in a free role.

A very humble guy who came from poverty, he plays with a smile, he's still young and still a bit raw, but hopefully they can iron the rawness out.
That fecker Walker just wouldn't give him any credit for the goal yesterday.

I think he's only going to get better
He obviously works hard already - but the finishing touches to how he interacts with his teammates & gets more used to both our's & opponent's style of play - suggests to me he'll continue to improve

I'll admit I wasn't sure at first - he seemed to be all over the place - lot's of running - no positional discipline - maybe trying too hard

Glad to say I was wrong

Reactions: TQ3
I think Alfie gets a lot of unfair criticism, IMO… He doesn’t hide and tries his upmost to link up play.
But for me Sakala’s positional play is far superior to Alfie, especially in the six yard box.
When Gerrard was here, Sakala would replace Morelos, not now.
I think that’s a stroke of genius. A defenders role wouldn’t change if it’s a direct swap. Now we’re keeping our two main strikers on the pitch which gives defenders a problem.
His touch to Aribo was brilliant yesterday for the first goal.

I love this guy hope he stays for a long time and gets his chance for a regular game, I don't know what it is about him but he looks to have everything

I love this guy hope he stays for a long time and gets his chance for a regular game, I don't know what it is about him but he looks to have everything
I don't think it'll be long before he's one of the first names on the team sheet mate.

He was unlucky with his stop/start to the season. He does seem to have everything, pace, power, unpredictable and certainly knows how to finish, 4 goals in his last two internationals also i believe.

Coming across as a really, really nice guy whose appreciative of the move to Rangers and how lucky he is to have a job as a footballer.

So many footballers could learn from him, but coming across as a decent person buys you so, so much respect.

I think he's only going to get better
He obviously works hard already - but the finishing touches to how he interacts with his teammates & gets more used to both our's & opponent's style of play - suggests to me he'll continue to improve

I'll admit I wasn't sure at first - he seemed to be all over the place - lot's of running - no positional discipline - maybe trying too hard

Glad to say I was wrong
You weren’t the only one to think that. I thought he was the next Sadiq, although thoroughly likeable. So I am delighted to be proven wrong, I think once he is properly settled he will be a star. His beaming smile is such a contrast to Alfredo’s scowl!

Back