Fashion Sakala Officially Signs

What a cracking first half that was, he could have had a hat trick, 2 good saves from the keeper though. These teams don’t seem to bother with defending, I really hope Jack Henry is their great hope for next season!
Him and Welsh or Walsh whatever hes called.

Another one today

New Rangers striker Fashion Sakala has revealed he turned to God for advice while picking his new team - as he netted once more for KV Oostende this weekend.

He maintains the power of prayer helped him come to the decision to join the Scottish champions and play under Steven Gerrard.

The 24-year-old will arrive for next season's Premiership title defence after his signing was announced on Tuesday.

The Zambian striker certainly hasn't given up at the club he's set to depart for Govan in a matter of weeks as he netted the opener in Oostende's 5-3 defeat to Mechelen on Sunday afternoon - his 14th for the season.

Sakala had a massive decision to make with his contract running down as he mulled over offers from three English Premier League clubs plus some big names on the continent.

Rangers and their big name boss swung it however and speaking to Zambian radio station Q-FM, Sakala said: "Honestly, I had a lot of options.

"I had teams in the Premier League, three teams from England. I had two teams from France, in Ligue 1.

"I also had a lot of options from Spain, in La Liga.

"But before making any decision, I always pray. And God showed me the direction to choose Rangers.

"I believe that's the best decision that I've made. I believe it is the right decision because looking at how Rangers play, I will fit in quickly.

"The kind of style they play is almost the same way I play, and also how the coach explained he wants me to play is exactly how I play."

Sakala insists his first conversation with Gerrard "touched his heart".

The frontman was in disbelief that the former Champions League winner with Liverpool wanted him playing up front and he was even likened to some of the great attackers Gerrard previously played with.

Sakala continued: "Honestly, this is a time when I feel like God has really answered my prayers.

"Looking at the profile of Steven Gerrard, the first time he called me he told me that I'm a very good player and I have a lot to achieve.

"And looking at his profile, him telling me that really touched my heart.

Never heard of him before reading about us being on his tail.

Don't know anything about him, don't know what position he plays.

Someone sell him to me.

A bit wasteful in possession today, not as solid as last weekend where he rarely wasted a pass. But, he ran with the ball a lot more than what he did against Standard last week. Majority of efforts at goal have been decent and yet again he’s contributed in terms of a goal and assist. He could have had a hat trick on another day.

Sakala is rapid on the break and his pace and determination allowed him to cut out two balls that most players wouldn’t have got near. He also chased down the MV back line, keeper included. This guy is like a possessed Nacho Novo on speed.

I’d love to see a heat map of his movement, he gets absolutely every where.

A bit wasteful in possession today, not as solid as last weekend where he rarely wasted a pass. But, he ran with the ball a lot more than what he did against Standard last week. Majority of efforts at goal have been decent and yet again he’s contributed in terms of a goal and assist. He could have had a hat trick on another day.

Sakala is rapid on the break and his pace and determination allowed him to cut out two balls that most players wouldn’t have got near. He also chased down the MV back line, keeper included. This guy is like a possessed Nacho Novo on speed.

Having that work rate alongside Ryan Kent's will be unplayable for a lot of teams in our league.

No surprise that there was divine intervention in his decision.

Psalm 95:7
For he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.

Having that work rate alongside Ryan Kent's will be unplayable for a lot of teams in our league.

It will be constant. If Gerrard and his staff get Sakala even stronger and fitter then we’ve got an absolute machine on our hands. Not joking when I say he gets every where, out of breath just watching him.

Sounds like he'll really suit our pressing and chasing everything style of play.

Really looking forward to seeing this guy in action for us. Must only be 8 weeks until our pre-season games start up?

I thought he was good, although he did have a couple of slack passes, but he could have had a hat trick if it wasn’t for some decent saves, set up a goal and laid another couple of chances on for others, very promising.

Belgian football looks mental though, they don’t seem to bother much with defending.

I thought he was good, although he did have a couple of slack passes, but he could have had a hat trick if it wasn’t for some decent saves, set up a goal and laid another couple of chances on for others, very promising.

Belgian football looks mental though, they don’t seem to bother much with defending.
Wait till they merge with the Dutch league it will be goals galore every week.

Back