Fashion Sakala Officially Signs

Excited about this signing.

I thought we looked really dangerous against the mentally challengeds and a lot of that probably comes down to playing 2 strikers across the 3 and Kent more a central 10. Think this guy would slot into one of the 2 strikers no problem or playing out wide in our standard 433!

An area we needed to improve on as well as midfield with Jones, Barker & Stewart going!

Shit patter assemble.

Wright, Simpson, Ofoborh, Fashion, McGregor, Davis, Tavernier !

Kanata, Goldson and JD surely to follow!

4 months out and we are in some shape going into 56

The Zambian international attacking player joins the Light Blues on a four-year deal, with the club already well-underway in their planning for the 21/22 season.

24 years-old, Sakala has netted 13 times for the Belgian top-flight club so far in their impressive season in the Belgian top-flight. Sakala follows Kemar Roofe and Ianis Hagi in making the journey to Ibrox from the Jupiler Pro League.

Powerful and pacey, Sakala will add to the increased competition in the forward area of the pitch for Steven Gerrard’s Champions of Scotland.

Speaking after agreeing to join the Light Blues, Sakala commented: “I am very much excited to start this exciting journey with Rangers. It has been one of my dreams, and I feel like this is a dream come true to join Rangers – one of the greatest clubs in the world.

“They have a great fanbase and a great history, and I believe we will share great memories together.

“As a player you always strive to play for others – that is the most important strength which keeps me going. I know that Rangers have great players and I am looking forward to learning from them and deliver.

“In my role as a striker, I know what the club needs from me and what the fans expect. The club has great players and I just want to learn from them and try to bring something that helps the team get the results.”

Rangers manager, Steven Gerrard, said: “Fashion is a player who we have been aware of for some time. He fits our profile and has the attributes to not only thrive in Scotland but on the European stage as well. We are excited to see him fulfil his potential under the coaching staff at Auchenowie. We look forward to welcoming him at the beginning of pre season.”

Meanwhile Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, added: “We started our planning for next season in January and we are really pleased that Fashion’s commitment to join Rangers is another significant and positive step in that process.

“He had a number of exciting clubs he could move to this summer, but his enthusiasm to join Rangers was clear from early on in our discussions. Fashion has had an excellent season in Belgium and we believe he will develop further still working with all of our staff at the training ground. Fashion is a determined, humble and positive guy and we are sure he will fit the group here.

“We wanted to add more pace and power to the group across January and the summer and I am pleased that we have done that, firstly with Scott Wright and now with Fashion Sakala. I know Steven and the coaches are excited to work with Fashion and I am sure that he will further enhance his growing reputation here with Rangers.“

Was impressed with him against Standard the other night.

Goal, assist and a penalty ruled out by VAR. still got an assist that stood, created two/three chances and has a couple of good efforts at goal.

Was all over the park, dropping deep off the ball, popping up on the right and even until he was substituted, chased every time. The pressing of the keeper almost resulted in him forcing an error out of the keeper. For the majority of the game his passing was spot on and he’s got some amount of pace - rapid.

Welcome to Rangers. Exiting to see what he brings.

Think that’s our no10s sorted for next season unless anyone leaves. Can’t see us signing another

hagi
Roofe
Kent
Sakala
Wright

still hoping the Harry Wilson rumour was true but
New Harry Wilson rumour ? Or do you just mean cause he’s been linked every window since Gerrard arrived

Smashed 4 past those bastards on Sunday and went out and added even more firepower. Get a top midfielder signed up and we’re in a great position to be even better next season

Flash Fash

I see it didn't take long for his wiki page to change:

On 4th May, he signed a 4 year deal with Rangers and therefore becoming the first Zambian player to play in the Scottish Premiership. He was spotted wearing the sash singing King Billy's on the Wall

Can admin just ban anyone with shit/any puns on his name?

would make reading this a bit easier

Reactions: MSF
This signing excites me, watched bits of games since he was linked but watched the full game on Saturday and he was really good, he looks like he'll slot right into our system of play as well.

Back