Fashion Sakala Officially Signs

Haven't really been following this one much. Take it he's got a YouTube video I can check out?

I think this could mean the end for Itten. We now have
Roofe Morelos Kent
Hagi Sakala Wright
Aribo Defoe Itten.
We also have Kennedy coming back from loan.
I can see at least 2 leaving.

Welcome to the Famous Glasgow Rangers, Fashion, I'm sure you'll thrive under our management team and support and be a great success here.

He reminds of Mane at Liverpool, heres hoping he can get to that level.

Editing the wiki page is en vogue now days

E0jJ627X0AYbwWi

Very decent signing hopefully he does really well for us.

Couple of midfielders and I would think were done unless we sell any first team players.

We are going to have an extremely strong squad.

The Zambian international attacking player joins the Light Blues on a four-year deal, with the club already well-underway in their planning for the 21/22 season.

24 years-old, Sakala has netted 13 times for the Belgian top-flight club so far in their impressive season in the Belgian top-flight. Sakala follows Kemar Roofe and Ianis Hagi in making the journey to Ibrox from the Jupiler Pro League.

Powerful and pacey, Sakala will add to the increased competition in the forward area of the pitch for Steven Gerrard’s Champions of Scotland.

Speaking after agreeing to join the Light Blues, Sakala commented: “I am very much excited to start this exciting journey with Rangers. It has been one of my dreams, and I feel like this is a dream come true to join Rangers – one of the greatest clubs in the world.

“They have a great fanbase and a great history, and I believe we will share great memories together.

“As a player you always strive to play for others – that is the most important strength which keeps me going. I know that Rangers have great players and I am looking forward to learning from them and deliver.

“In my role as a striker, I know what the club needs from me and what the fans expect. The club has great players and I just want to learn from them and try to bring something that helps the team get the results.”

Rangers manager, Steven Gerrard, said: “Fashion is a player who we have been aware of for some time. He fits our profile and has the attributes to not only thrive in Scotland but on the European stage as well. We are excited to see him fulfil his potential under the coaching staff at Auchenowie. We look forward to welcoming him at the beginning of pre season.”

Meanwhile Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, added: “We started our planning for next season in January and we are really pleased that Fashion’s commitment to join Rangers is another significant and positive step in that process.

“He had a number of exciting clubs he could move to this summer, but his enthusiasm to join Rangers was clear from early on in our discussions. Fashion has had an excellent season in Belgium and we believe he will develop further still working with all of our staff at the training ground. Fashion is a determined, humble and positive guy and we are sure he will fit the group here.

“We wanted to add more pace and power to the group across January and the summer and I am pleased that we have done that, firstly with Scott Wright and now with Fashion Sakala. I know Steven and the coaches are excited to work with Fashion and I am sure that he will further enhance his growing reputation here with Rangers.“

Not the usual cliches when describing a new signing.

We obviously do our homework.

Hopefully he will prove to be as good as Kent.

Great news, lovely to see we're steaming ahead with our preparation's for next season. Whereas that shower, couldn't organise a piss up ... B-D

Very pleased with this signing. Don’t know a lot about him but from video highlights he looks a good player and should be easy to fit into our system of play.

Exciting to see us already sorting out our summer signings before they've even appointed a manager.

Its shrewd work and forward thinking like that that will keep us on top.

Kent, Wright and Sakala will give us great options to hit teams on the break in Europe.
They said that when Roofe and Itten came in. We have a price, if it’s not met I expect he stays. Had a great season after the Lille move didn’t transpire so no worries about him throwing toys.

Back