Fashion Sakala Officially Signs

Someone has analysed his stats,

Unbelievable detail in that.

Even in the tiny little clips he looks dynamic & a bit maverick like.

I reckon he will frustrate on occasion but also produce high quality moments for us. Hopefully the fans are patient with him & allow the coaching staff to work with him to improve his consistency.

I know nothing about him other than we have seemingly wanted him for a while.

If we keep the same formation next season, what's his best position in it?

I know nothing about him other than we have seemingly wanted him for a while.

If we keep the same formation next season, what's his best position in it?
Central or as the left sided 10.

If we go with the 4312 from Sunday then either forward position.

So either the Morelos or Kent role.
Nothing much to live up to then!
For sure. Given we’ll probably have 60 games again he will be needed.

The guy who wrote the article had an interesting comparison with an NBA “6th man” type like Lou Williams or Jamal Crawford.

They seek him here
They seek him there
They look around but he's not fuckin' there!
He's scored again and we celebrate with Fashion

We seek him here
We seek him there
Ever since he became a bear
We're dedicated followers of Fashion

Last edited:
For sure. Given we’ll probably have 60 games again he will be needed.

The guy who wrote the article had an interesting comparison with an NBA “6th man” type like Lou Williams or Jamal Crawford.

I'll pretend I know who those guys are. Not big on the North American sports.

But, for sure, next season will need a big competitive squad, and you can't go wrong adding good players to it

I'll pretend I know who those guys are. Not big on the North American sports.

But, for sure, next season will need a big competitive squad, and you can't go wrong adding good players to it
Basically a 6th man is the guy who comes off the bench the most as they look for “instant offense” - usually someone who can score with ease.

Also tends to get as many minutes as some starters over the course of a season.

Basically a 6th man is the guy who comes off the bench the most as they look for “instant offense” - usually someone who can score with ease.

Also tends to get as many minutes as some starters over the course of a season.

A Nacho Novo supersub!

Fashion Sakala: KV Oostende striker to join Rangers on four-year deal​

Last updated on2 hours ago2 hours ago.From the sectionRangers

Fashion Sakala has scored 13 goals in 29 league appearances for Oostende this season
Fashion Sakala has scored 13 goals in 29 league appearances for Oostende this season
KV Oostende striker Fashion Sakala says it is a "dream come true to join Rangers" after agreeing a four-year deal with the Scottish champions.
The 24-year-old Zambia international has signed a pre-contract to move to Ibrox this summer, subject to a work permit and international clearance.
Sakala has scored 13 times in in 29 games for Oostende in the Belgian top flight this season.
He described Rangers as "one of the greatest clubs in the world".
"They have a great fanbase and a great history, and I believe we will share great memories together," he added.
"As a player you always strive to play for others - that is the most important strength which keeps me going. I know that Rangers have great players and I am looking forward to learning from them and deliver."
Sakala moved to Oostende from Spartak Moscow three years ago and has netted 26 goals in 90 appearances for the Belgian club, where he is a team-mate of on-loan Celtic and Scotland defender Jack Hendry.
After finishing fifth in the regular season this term, Oostende are involved in play-offs for Europa League qualification.
Sakala has yet to score after 11 caps for Zambia, having made his international debut in September 2017.
Rangers manager Steven Gerrard says the Glasgow club have been tracking the forward "for some time" and are "excited" by his potential.
"He fits our profile and has the attributes to not only thrive in Scotland but on the European stage as well," added Gerrard.
Ibrox sporting director Ross Wilson says the player rejected other offers to choose a move to Rangers and will add "pace and power" to the squad.

Sakala talks about his tough upbringing and how he is extremely grateful for the career he’s has made in football - there were days where he and his family went without food. Through hard work, determination, desire and the experiences of growing up, he’s managed to get to where he is today. Time will tell if he’s good enough but I don’t think any one will ever be able to question his attitude, hard work, commitment and desire.

This is a player that plays with a smile and works all day for his team. I saw that against Standard, he just runs and runs and runs.

Might be still raw around the edges but I think our management team have a pretty good record of making players better.

Can't wait to see him sauntering about Glasgow one week in polka dots the next week in stripes...

Anyone remember how long it took the bread puns to die down with Warburton?

Just so I have an idea of when I can come back into a Sakala thread.
That'll be hard given FF is your bread and butter for Rangers news.
You'll feel like your missing the clothes of your back.

It will be interesting to see who are our forwards starting next season.
Out of Morelos, Roofe, Defoe, Itten, and now Sakala.

Also did JD even get a medal this season?
If anyone deserves a winning championship medal... it is that man!

Good business. If he had 2 years left on his deal you'd expect to pay £3+ million for him. So pick him up on a free is fantastic.

I read Sakala wants to play as a Striker, so makes me think those Itten to Basel rumours might have some legs. I doubt either Sakala or Itten would want to be 4th choice ST.

I also get the feeling we'd spend if Morelos leaves and buy another ST to replace him.
What's this about Itten?

I think Ross Wilson's comments in the online article about how they have been planning next season since January points to a level of professionalism that was sadly lacking at the club for so long.

Getting our business done early and swiftly is reassuring and hopefully means we don't fall victims to the complacency that can set in when you take your foot off the gas.

Back