Fashion Sakala

stefanovitch

Hagi and Aribo may question that one! Scott has already been mentioned, and of course “Mr Tim Slayer” Ryan Kent, chuck in Goldson, and Borna, and I’m starting to think your havering.

They can all be a bit shot shy and how often have you see Kent in a good position but unable to finish? I wasn't being overly critical just hoping Sakala is a good finisher

Reactions: TQ3

Avengers

Im really excited for his future with us, much more positives than negatives. what a sad story about his upbringing, just shows you what fantastic ability he has and how strong he is to overcome such poverty and adversity. He will get fantastic love and support from us if he gives us everything.

JuanOrtiz

Not worried about him taking time to settle he left Africa and was top scorer in the spartak 2nd team then made his name in belgium Scotland should be a piece of piss with the way we dominate games

TQ3

They can all be a bit shot shy and how often have you see Kent in a good position but unable to finish? I wasn't being overly critical just hoping Sakala is a good finisher
I’m in the same carriage there, I hope he is lethal, but to be fair to the team they have goals amongst them.

chilebear

From our three signings so far he’s the one I’m looking forward to seeing the most

I remember Gerrard saying when we signed him that he had potential so I think we’ll all have to be patient with the boy.

Paisleyprod

Official Ticketer
roofe, morelos and itten arent quick enough so it would be good to have a player with pace in the front line
Quick enough for what?

Roofe and Alfie were excellent last season, Morelos terrifies opponents and both have sharp football brains so don't really need to be Usain Bolt and they were quick enough for us to win the league undefeated.

I will say that extra pace will give something different,especially in Europe perhaps but we will see.

Muzza

Official Ticketer
I'm excited to see Fashion and hope he can go on to be a massive player for us.

As for pace, it is a very useful attribute, however, as we have seen against most SPL teams who camp on their 18 yard line, sometimes pace isn't the best option.

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
Quick enough for what?

Roofe and Alfie were excellent last season, Morelos terrifies opponents and both have sharp football brains so don't really need to be Usain Bolt and they were quick enough for us to win the league undefeated.

I will say that extra pace will give something different,especially in Europe perhaps but we will see.
Quick enough to get away from a defence. You see Alfredo get put through nearly every game but he isn’t quick enough to get through on goal most of the time and ends up being held up by the defender. In the spl it isn’t as much of an issue as teams down leave space behind but we need more pace if we want to do anything in Europe.

last sat while a friendly was the perfect example where teams can press us high knowing we don’t have the pace up front

DerekSSR

Quick enough to get away from a defence. You see Alfredo get put through nearly every game but he isn’t quick enough to get through on goal most of the time and ends up being held up by the defender. In the spl it isn’t as much of an issue as teams down leave space behind but we need more pace if we want to do anything in Europe.

last sat while a friendly was the perfect example where teams can press us high knowing we don’t have the pace up front
Seemed to do alright last season when we went unbeaten the entire league campaign.

Ubik

Seemed to do alright last season when we went unbeaten the entire league campaign.
We did however, imo, i thought we looked a little slower than Slavia. Maybe that was to do with us winning the league a couple of days before but i still think we lacked pace particularly in midfield. Thats why i thought we needed to upgrade the midfield with 1 or 2 better quality than we have.

What's the story

I think I must be one of the few who doesn't think Sakala will be a first 11 pick. I don't think he will be a nailed on starter like most seem to think. Hes a decent signing that adds a bit of pace in front 3 but routinely I think he will be on bench more than he starts.

Let’s Go

I think I must be one of the few who doesn't think Sakala will be a first 11 pick. I don't think he will be a nailed on starter like most seem to think. Hes a decent signing that adds a bit of pace in front 3 but routinely I think he will be on bench more than he starts.

maybe to start with, who knows.

I think he will be a great signing tbh.

bar72bear

Official Ticketer

im not disagreeing that we did brilliantly but you must admit that most games were pretty turgid from Dundee United away in the december. Kent apart there just isn’t enough real pace in the team

Bruce_Wayne

I watched his last 4 games in Belgium during that European play off group thing they do and was surprised how he played.

I was expecting a Novo type but his passing, touch and awareness was a lot more accomplished than Novo's was when he first arrived. He also has a rocket of a shot on him. Was definitely better than I was expecting.

Although I should also mention that the defences in the games I watched were all terrible. As shown by Jack Hendry being voted as one of the best defenders in the league.

Tagsbear

Keep reading that he’s ‘raw’ which I assume folk are parroting because a guy appeared on the Daily Record podcast who had coached him a few years ago, he didn’t look raw in the games I watched him in toward the end of the season, quite t he opposite, he looked the most skilful player Oostende had by a distance.

JD1872

Think he will be a big player for us in Europe especially, against quality opposition you need the threat of direct pace.

Interesting to see if we stick with the 2 strikers with Kent in behind like we finished last season. We are clearly stacked in the striker position

fmp

From what I've seen of him he has no problem in getting his shots away and is a solid finisher.

fmp

Keep reading that he’s ‘raw’ which I assume folk are parroting because a guy appeared on the Daily Record podcast who had coached him a few years ago, he didn’t look raw in the games I watched him in toward the end of the season, quite t he opposite, he looked the most skilful player Oostende had by a distance.
Agree.

One thing to bear in mind is that even though he is 24 he has only really had about 3 years of decent quality coaching. When he signed for Spartak Moscow they put him with the B team and no-one bothered with him.

CaptainCourageous

Boom…

Mears, young man, do you like what you have seen?

Two games, what, 75/80 minutes all in after coming to a new country and having to isolate - gym moved into his hotel. A few days training, working with his new teams mates and featured against Brighton. Where he looked lively.

Not even 24 hours later and he’s creating havoc against Real Madrid. Could have had a brace, flashes a rocket across Lunin, should have had an assist for Kent. Burst a gut on three occasions to cover Borna. Should have scored first half. Linked up well. His movement was nonsense. Played with his head up. Ball into feet edge of the box and had the awareness to move it wide right.

Put through on goal and smashed it into the back of the net, celebrating with joy.

Came off, and was the happiest man in Ibrox.

Wee bits here and there that need worked on, still raw as I said, but what a player he is going to be. Movement, pace and playing on the shoulder of the opposition is impressive.

Tagsbear

As I said, he is not raw, he is going to be a sensation.

prenzlauerbear

I think he is raw but it's also not a bad thing. You don't land finished articles from Belgium who are the real deal on a bosman.

I hate lazy comparisons when people compare African players to other African players, but today he really reminded me of watching Mane before Klopp got his hands on him. He's absolute lightning but can leather a football and is just generally infectious. Cannot wait to see how this kid performs once he is properly settled in.

pelem

Driving Doon from the hielands tae glesga while game was on, back now watching replay on RTV.

Did the tannoy play Bowies Fa Fa Fa Fashion when he scored.?

I'm just checking my E-mails to see if ive been contacted for todays game.

RangersEasyOK

He was involved in the game constantly which I like in any player, game doesn’t pass him by. Good finish and certainly looks like he will be a handy player for us this season