Favourite Euros

Favourite Euros

• Total voters
Same as WC thread - 96 purely for being 9 and completely absorbed in football. Great games, close to home, Scotland part of it, England getting put out on pens in the SF. Only downside was a fairly boring final. Just has a bit of nostalgia for me.

Euro 96 is my favourite, although Czech Republic's 3-2 win over Holland at Euro 2004 is the best international game of football I've watched.

Same mate, I’m going to rewatch that game tonight actually!

Has to be France 2016 for me, I was born the last year NI were at a tournament and being so dire most of my life (the year and a half without even scoring) pretty much everyone thought we would never get to the big time again. Actually being at the tournament was a dream come true, the buzz, the beer the craic and actually winning a game. Shame about the weather though. I will be watching our match that we qualified against Greece on Thursday night with a few beers instead of watching our play off against Bosnia.

Euro 96 was brilliant, also love watching the Dutch team in any tournament in the 2000’s, the players they had...

I think folk are massively misremembering 1996. The majority of the games were utterly dreadful.

We had a long spell of very good weather in the UK at the time, and I suspect that's helping boost favour.

I largely missed euro 96 because I was away on holiday in Florida, didn't even know the Scotland-England score until the uk papers were available 2 days later...it was 1996.

Went for euro 2000 which was a great tournament.

Euro 96 simply because our primary school won tickets to go to a game at st james park. The only full tournament game I have ever been at.

Euro 96 due to amount of Rangers connections also attended game at Villa park , super Ally wonder goal ,

Euro 2008.

Just as Spain were beginning to come into their prime, some team they had.

Was in Mallorca for the final, place was mental.

Voted 96 but makes me realise the euros don't grab me the same way as the world cup does. Can't remember much about any of the others

Euro 2000 , absolutely brilliant , spain 4 Yugoslavia 3! What a game , the Dutch were superb until they met Italy and de boer had another penalty shocker!!!
Then the french sucker ounched Italy

that was by far the best tournament imo

Took my son to a couple of games in France 2016. Portugal v Croatia in Lens and Germany v Slovakia in Lille. We had a great time, so much better to have experiences to remember rather than buying the latest phone etc.

Even though there weren’t many live games on the telly, mainly due to their being no British teams in it, I loved the 1984 finals due to that fabulous French side.

Platini’s 9 goals in 5 games was a truly incredible stat.

Euro 96.

Last time Scotland appeared in a major finals with a decent squad.

Gazza.

England v Germany.

The buzz of having a major tournament on British soil.

Euro 2004.

From Greece beating Portugal in the opening game to beating the hosts again in the final.

Also taking France out.

Czech Republic coming from 2-0 down to beat Holland 3-2 is also one of the greatest matches I've ever watched.

France 2016 easily for me. Was in Nice fan zone with GAWA and then travelled by car up to Lyon for Ukraine game. Didn't expect to get through but got a last minute flight over to Paris for the Welsh game in next round and were desparately unlucky not to go through.
Memories of Nice seafront full of Ulstermen were great.

Back