Favourite ever kit?

The Gallant Few

What's your favourite ever kit, home or away? Either for design or memories.

Mine's is the 2010/2011 Home Kit. Always remember how wild Hampden was when Jelavic hit both posts and scored, unbelievable day. We done a show on this for The Gallant Few, but must be some cracking shouts on here?

Link to the Pod if anyone fancies it

Tough one - I cant quite decide from any one of these:
84-87 home top
85-87 Away top
87-90 home top
88-90 away top

The kits of the time when I was a kid, and first became aware of Rangers. Nothing comes close to bettering those tops.

So many to choose-tough call-but the Adidas 92/93 kit is the most iconic one for me. So much so that I’ve got a ‘thefamousheadwear’ bobble hat with that design on it! :))

498de231d75bbbfefe37a32b25ae6935.jpg

1st. The Adidas 96/97 (9 in a row) strip. Always loved a white collar. 2nd. The Adidas one previous was great too. 3rd. The 2000 NTL strip. They haven’t been as good since.

If you don't think it's the iconic 1960s v-neck then you are wrong.

My favourite too. First strip I knew from the first team I knew, and what a team! Unmatched since then in my humble.
Wanted to buy it years ago from the Megastore, but the ones they were selling had the RFC scroll badge. Not authentic, so I passed. I keep looking for one these days though.

Adidas 92/93 for me, just bought it a few weeks ago after wanting it for years. Would love the Lilac European shirt too.

Really like the Home and away Nike shirts from '98 too, as they were my first shirts.

Bit out the blue, but its not worth a new thread- The new Motherwell away shirt for this season is class.

My favourite too. First strip I knew from the first team I knew, and what a team! Unmatched since then in my humble.
Wanted to buy it years ago from the Megastore, but the ones they were selling had the RFC scroll badge. Not authentic, so I passed. I keep looking for one these days though.
Hopefully once the mega store is refitted & now we are out of Ashley’s clutches we can get some high quality retro Rangers shirts in stock as there’s definitely a huge demand within the support.

Have a few.

1992/93 home and away kits. Really would have loved to get them unsponsored as that reminds me of the Champions League campaign.

97/98 away shirt.

The goalie jersey Goram used from 94-96. Purple and grey squares, used it with the lilac strips shorts and socks.

Going to go a bit left field with mine. Always loved the 00/01 red third kit. Got the blue and white ones the day they came out that year so didn’t expect the red one. Then my dad went and got me the red one the day it came out but decided to keep it for me until Christmas because it came out around October iirc.

Just from a personal point of view the 87/88 Mcewans lager top just because i remember how excited I was and it’s when my love for rangers really started to kick in

Going to go a bit left field with mine. Always loved the 00/01 red third kit. Got the blue and white ones the day they came out that year so didn’t expect the red one. Then my dad went and got me the red one the day it came out but decided to keep it for me until Christmas because it came out around October iirc.
That was a cracker. I had the home kit that year. My birthday’s in December so always had tops bought for me and kept until then as well haha

Has it not been said that the all-white of the ‘Gallant Pioneers’ wasn’t actually a strip but merely an outfit for the photograph?

Anyone else spent ridiculous amount of money on old tops from Ebay and classic football shirts.Com etc?

I certainly have.

My favourites are from late 80s to early 90s.

The main 2. The first championship of 9iar squares, and the 3iar wood affect.

Back