Favourite game at tynecastle

Last season when we won 2-1 to go top of the league, the atmosphere at that game was immense, too bad we couldn’t maintain that position.

86/87 we needed a win destroyed hearts that day 5 2 we were outstanding big win on way to the title hopefully same again this weekend

2-0 game 37 of season 02/03. Missed a pen at 0-0, and really should have put a couple more past them towards the end which would have eased the pressure the following week

the year we were going for 10IAR its forgotten that Hearts were pretty much neck and neck with us and the tims for most of the season

We went to Tynecastle round about March/April and scudded them 3-0. Gattuso scored twice and Albertz the other

Ultimately didnt count for anything but was a great day

Hearts 1-2 Rangers

Ricksen late penalty. That game was electric and a frenzied finish. Just read over the match report there actually and completely forgot that Prso was sent off in the melee after the penalty decision.

Mentioned this the other day on another thread.

The game in 2003 which we won 2-0, Arveladze missed a penalty at 0-0 and we had to win to take the game to the last day.

The scenes when de Boer scored that diving header
That was the game that immediately sprung to my mind. There have been many memorable performances and victories at Tynecastle over the years though.

One that sprang to mind was Naismith's injury-time winner in 2010; some celebrations when it went in.

I was sitting to the far right of our stand next to the Hearts fans. They were leaving the ground thinking they had a draw and one guy in particular was giving it big licks (get it up ye's style). Naismith scored and I looked round he was was having an absolute temper tantrum....had to be dragged away by his mate :D

86/87 we needed a win destroyed hearts that day 5 2 we were outstanding big win on way to the title hopefully same again this weekend

This for me too. We laid down a marker that day, Hearts had been one of the dominant teams and should have won the league the year before.

The game in 2003 which we won 2-0, Arveladze missed a penalty at 0-0 and we had to win to take the game to the last day.

2-0 game 37 of season 02/03. Missed a pen at 0-0, and really should have put a couple more past them towards the end which would have eased the pressure the following week
The game I knew we would win the league. Bedlam at Tynecastle that day when he goals went in.

One that sprang to mind was Naismith's injury-time winner in 2010; some celebrations when it went in.
Honourable mention for this game too. Again, absolute bedlam in the away end when he goal went in.

Last edited:
86/87 the 5-2 game, someone put a video of the highlights on here a few weeks ago....sensational

The game I knew we would win the league. Bedlam at Tynecastle that day when he goals went in.

Honourable mention for this game too. Again, absolute bedlam in the away end when he goal went in.
Cheers for that statto

That American voiceover though!

5-2 in Feb ‘87.

Came away from that game, Hearts’ first defeat at Tynecastle in a year and a half, firmly believing that it was finally going to be our year.

Early 90's 1992 I think. Freezing cold day we won 1-0 with a volley from Super late in the second half. Hearts were our main challengers that year, although I think the beggars did eventually finish just behind them.

That result, more or less finished them off. It was utter bedlam when the goal went in.

Last edited:
For me the ricksen last minute penalty game was magnificent

Rowbotham, as bad as he was at times, does a really good bit about this in his circuit/speakers do's. No doubt changes the narrative to suit whatever audience but really funny nonetheless.

Remember the meltdown after it :)

I was sitting to the far right of our stand next to the Hearts fans. They were leaving the ground thinking they had a draw and one guy in particular was giving it big licks (get it up ye's style). Naismith scored and I looked round he was was having an absolute temper tantrum....had to be dragged away by his mate :D

I couldn't have been far away from you; happy memories of everyone in that section of Hearts fans being gutted :D

Reactions: BWO
There was a year we were already more or less champions and we went there and demolished them, place was rocking. Must have been the year the Scum had Mowbray.

Was at the game we scored twice in the last ten minutes, Lafferty and Judas scoring. Place went absolutely wild at the winner.

Naismith last minute winner the year we won 54. The place went absolutely bonkers behind the goal that day. A game I was certain we where throwing 3 points away.

Hearts 1-2 Rangers

Ricksen late penalty. That game was electric and a frenzied finish. Just read over the match report there actually and completely forgot that Prso was sent off in the melee after the penalty decision.

A crazy incident, and one that keeps being brought up by the scum. Was it Kyriakos who was pushed in the box?

A ground I have a 100% record at (including Murrayfield)

Favourites were probably last minute winners by Boyd and Naismith, last seasons 2-1 win was good also.

This thought i was going to die when he scored. Klos made a quite magnificent save in the first half from De Vries.

Dont remember the score, might have been 1-1 but around about 89 or 90 Davie Cooper beat about 2 dozen Hearts players and slipped it past Horrid Henry. It looked a great goal on tv but in real life it was outstanding.

Only time I've ever been to Tynecastle, what a fùcking day.
Don't think my feet touched the floor on the way out at full time.
Wasn't it RdB who missed the penalty though?

Only time I've ever been to Tynecastle, what a fùcking day.
Don't think my feet touched the floor on the way out at full time.
Wasn't it RdB who missed the penalty though?
Someone get the highlights of this up?

Same for me, vital we responded as we did after the SC exit the week before, Rangers end heaving.

One of my favourites, great header by De Boer, another of mine was a LC game midweek on Sky , Super got the winner from a Hateley knock down

Back