Favourite Hampden memory?

55timesthechampions

For me it’ll always be the 96 Laudrup Cup Final. Went with ma old man, I was 13 year old and it was my first time at Hampden.

What a day, we were unbelievable, could’ve easily been 10. A think Super got injured in the warm up with The Dukebox taking his place and being very anxious in the build up more so cos Hearts had already beaten us twice that season.

I completely lost the plot at Paul Ritchie clattering Gazza when he went through on goal and ma Da calming me down after shouting a few obscenities haha but I think after Rousset’s gaffe for 2-0 their heads went down and we were already in cruise control by then a knew that the SC was coming home.

Absolute Halcyon Days troops.

That I was at, would be the 99 cup final where Rod Wallace scored to beat them and seal the Treble.

Otherwise, the Lovenkrands one 3 years later.

For Rangers it was Lovenkrands.
But the night Scotland qualified for the 1974 World Cup was fantastic.

Semi final when we beat them on penalties, best and worst feeling I’ve had.

Lovenkrands final up there to.

I hate Hampden to be honest. Absolutely hate it. Soulless hole. I wouldn’t be against them using Ibrox and parkhead alternate seasons for finals

Rangers v Dundee back in the 60s, two goals two minutes 1. 1. Then with only a few minutes left, another two goals, 3. 1. Gers with the best team that’s never been surpassed. Then Scotland, John Greigs goal against Italy, one of the Best well worked Goals to Bless the Old Stadium.

Best memory. Walking up Section H stairs for the first time hearing Hampden singing the Billy Boys. 88. WATP

1973 ,the royal cup final in what we thought at the time was our centenary year,the first time i saw our club win the cup,a day that will never leave me,i can clearly remember the whole of that day and night as if it were yesterday

1973 cup final, big Tam's glorious winner and Princess Alexandra presenting the centenary cup final trophy. She was dressed in royal blue and stated she was willing us to win.

Big Tam's thunderbolt from 6inches as it was the first and only game my better half attended.

Another Hampden goal was Greig's for Scotland v Italy and that game was the only game my Dad ever went to.

League cup final when cooper got the winner from the penalty spot in 1986 closely Followed by the Wallace final to clinch 99 treble and lovenkrands final

Very underrated one is Kenny Millers header to win the league cup against St Mirren when we only had 9 men. But my favourite is Lovenkrands header last minute

Lovenkrands last minute winner

However, a few great memories from Hampden

Us beating the mentally challengeds 2-1 in the semi final in the mid 90s, Laudrup and McCoist scoring was memorable as it was my first old firm game at Hampden at 7/8 years old

Lovenkrands. Had the full weekend up in Glasgow and ticket was in a great central spot, only a couple of seats from the north stand segregation. Turned round after the Lovenkrands winner to give a right gifuy to the mentally challengeds and they had already bolted :))

Everything about the 3 days was stunning, even the hangover.

Lovenkrands cup final..my old firm cup final and my favourite Rangers game to date. Me and my old man where right next to them in the stand across from the main stand. The absolute carnage that followed the winning goal will live with me forever. Just remember grabbing my old man the people behind me the people next to me just going mental to turn round to see their end completely empty bar the usual couple of creeps who stay to hold their scarves up when we go to lift the trophy.

Off the field my best memory was the big sash up at the end of the 1989 cup vs the rhat rapists. Proud of the bears that day!

The 73 Cup Final for me. My first big Hampden experience and what a game!! Never forget looking up from trackside north enclosure to see some bears perched up underneath the roof stantions in the Rangers end. Some bottle to climb that height... mental stuff!!!

I've got a pretty abysmal record at Hampden but saw us with the 2000 Scottish Cup against Aberdeen 4-0 and the 2010 League Cup with Jelavic' extra time winner.

This is a great post looking through all the comments brings back some great memories . The Laudrup final, the 2 Skol Cup vs the sheep , Lovenkrands , Jelavic , Davie Cooper penalty vs the scum , 9 men vs St Mirren were all brilliant but the one that stands out for me was putting the scum out the cup in 2016 whilst playing in the league below them was truly magical.
Also up there for me was big Goughs winner for Scotland v England Rous Cup 1985 in the good old days before the national team got poisoned.

has to be the lovenkrands up final, it was 'the last game i attended with both my dad and uncle.

The 3-3 Skol Cup game has fond memories though, one of my favourite games.

Back