Favourite long distance Rangers goal

BunkMoreland

Official Ticketer
Following on from the Bert Konterman thread.

What is your favourite?

I absolutely loved Jonas Thern v them and Pedro Mendes v them.

Special mention for Albertz v Hibs.

hateley against partick thistle, 40yard trundler

not so much a trundler now i see it back

Mendes v vermin. That game was a huge statement, we went to their own piggery and dismantled them. 4-2 flattered them an unbelievable amount and they only scored their last goal as a result of that prick Nakamura diving.

I think Mendes' goal against them was probably better technically but Thern's against them is my favourite, probably because it's better when you're at the game.

Ray Wilkins' goal against them was a cracker but before my time.

That said, when it comes to goals against them my favourite is probably the shortest.... step forward Mo Edu

Reactions: o7o
I think Mendes' goal against them was probably better technically but Thern's against them is my favourite, probably because it's better when you're at the game.

That said, when it comes to goals against them my favourite is probably the shortest.... step forward Mo Edu
Jaws will have a word or two to say about that!

Its Konterman for me, what an incredible night. However Mendes screamer wasn’t far behind. I also loved Albertz free kick against them at Ibrox, I loved the hammer so much I named my White German Shepherd pup after him!

Big Jethro's in the 73 Cup final has to be the shortest

Ray Wilkins vs the bheasts. 1988/89 season. Good build up. “Launched infield from gary Stevens, theres butcher and Back with wilkiiiiiinnnns..... absolutely magnificent from ray wilkins, a goal made in England”!!!
The whole thing was brilliant, that result, the doing they took that day.
second to that would be pedro mendes v the mhanks. Watched it in the wee rangers club that day, absolutely Burling by kick off, we battered them that day. Once the wee mans goal went in I was off and running up and down the whole place going mental. What a day that was!!!

Might not have been the furthest out but Kenny Watson's goal v PSV in 1978 was stunner and still has a special place in my memory.

Maybe older bears will recall a 35 yard screamer by John Greig in a league cup match v Motherwell at Ibrox. Mid-70s it was, I remember Archie MacPherson waxing lyrical about it on Sportscene.

Graham Roberts goal v Motherwell at fir park if only there was a clip of it
The one I came on to mention.

As there's no footage, it gets further away every time it's mentioned, such that now it appears to have been struck from just outside the box at the Copland Road end of Ibrox . :)) :)) :))

Back