Favourite non-Rangers’ kit.

The Dutch and Soviet Union strips from the 88 Euros. Can't post the images but most folk will have seen them

italy-2003-home.jpg

Loved this Italy top back in the day.

Always loved Scotland World Cup 1978 shirt, when you could support them and no get a riddy. Sorry for no image, I am the square root of useless in that department.

Dundee have had a few good kits over the years. The ones I remember are the dark blue with white sleeves and the Sampdoria style one.
Strangely enough I’ve always liked Dundee’s kits, I think it’s the colours that are great, don’t like the club tho.

Instantly thought of this top, used to love wearing it at 5’s.

Looking back though time hasn’t been kind to it and it’s not as nice as I remembered B-)

RKqQ2zh.jpg

I liked the Villa and Coventry hummel ones, they were like the Denmark 1986 one. Love Napoli jerseys and Sampdoria ones. I liked the Newcastle one when they signed Shearer with the grandad collar and the Newcastle Brown Ale sponsor.

Had the Ajax TDK when I was a kid, also France 84, Germany 85 and Argentina 86.

Always loved these:

Uruguay 1990
original

Flamengo 87
P1090324.jpg

1984 Juve
kudgqd6fhk6sj6xw6z91f4u1eu484yta.png

Scotland 1986
scotland-86-home-wc-emb_2_3_3_1_1_1.jpg

I know it is non-Rangers, but the holy grail of vintage top collecting must be the silver trackie worn by Sir Walter in 1986. I had it as a kid, would sell my granny for a Medium now...
EGYaq67X0AUjGfH.jpg

Two away kits, West hams blue with two claret bars and Linfields orange and blue from 6 or 7 years ago.

Any Italy top made by Diadora.
Sampdoria with the ‘ERG’ sponsor
Germany 1988-1990
Kappa era AC Milan

And to completely lose all staunch points, I always thought Ireland had great kits in the Charlton era.

think the inter/nike/pirelli partnership (1998 onwards) deserves some mention for consistency. the home tops in the past few years where there has been some ambition to mix it up a little have been great.

Either my Accy Stanley away shirt from 2006 which was a blue one or my Accy Stanley home shirt from the Barnet home game in 2006 which was a special only available to the match day squad for inclusion in fifa 07. That was accy's first win back in the league again

England strips. None in particular.

Then again, being English probably makes me a tad biased.

netherlands-2008-away.jpg

Loved the Netherlands tops through the years. This one from 2008 has to be my favourite though. Had Van Der Vaart 10 on the back!

A7-EF1-DDF-2335-4-FB0-B5-D3-1427-F19-D2-A68.jpg

The holy grail outside of Rangers that I’m after is this in long sleeve. Stunning. And reminds me of Adriano.

95738-C14-73-A4-40-A1-9-E1-B-A813-E7-D4-F0-B5.jpg
Outside of Rangers shirts this is my favourite shirt that I own.

Inter Milan’s treble winning season and a thing of simplistic beauty.

I love the Ajax kit, especially as it was my school strip, but my two favourite non Rangers shirts are these two beauties:

Chiefs%2081%20Road%20Jersey%20Lawrence%20Chelin%20(1).JPG

s-l300.jpg

1b2f4239c4bf25bc390e44b27ae4730a.jpg

Dundee United from about 2014 I think, took my grandad to his last ever game (even sat with him in the United end) against Motherwell in Scottish cup win. Really nice kit and brings back that wee memory.

itromhss00.gif

Roma from 2001, immediately think of Totti, Batistuta and Montella. Some team and stunning top.

Back