Favourite old firm goal in a match you attended

Or Super Ally semi final at Hampden when Robertson was sent off after 6 minutes.

Wilkins goal in 88. What a goal, what an atmosphere (5 flattered them) and it was the start of 9 in a row.

Peter Lovenkrands last minute winner in the cup final for pure explosion of joy
It's the last minute goals that really get you - no way back. This was literally the very last action of the season. I was listening to the radio commentary and heard commentator say there was 10 seconds left of injury time - then all hell broke loose. My legs were black and blue for days after bouncing off the Hampden seats. Edu and Mo Johnson up there too but somehow Lovenkrands edges it for me.

Probably my favourite & there’s been tons but one sticks out was Gaza’s header in the 2-0 game in 1996. Timmy hit the bar then the ball falls to Gazza then we quickly counter attack & Gazza finishes of an amazing goal.

It would have to be Derek Parlane's goal in the 1973 Scottish Cup Final. I know that Tom Forsyth's goal eventually won the match, but this one was special for a number of reasons : it was scored right in front of us at the Rangers end, Alec MacDonald skipping past Jim Craig on the edge of the box and chipping it up for Parlane to power a header into the bottom corner. The mixture of ecstacy and relief was something I've never experienced before or since, relief because Celtic were in the lead and some in the crowd maybe feared another 1969. I was 17, it was my first Cup final, it was the first time I'd witnessed Rangers winning a trophy, the first time I'd seen them beat Celtic and I experienced an atmosphere that I'll never forget at the last cup final in Britain to be attended by a 100,000 + crowd.

Gough equaliser in last minutes in 2-2 game as said noise made would wake the dead.Sorry Peter it was a close choice

Albertz free kick in 1997 New Year game. 25yd free kick that I don't think went higher than 4ft off the ground.
A Rocket..

Jamie Ness vs Them

I had the perfect view and watched it rip into the net with the Bheasts as the backdrop

Marvellous

MENDES... never see as gooda goal than that, had plenty of great days at the piggery.. that day was the one that sticks with me.. the bouncy on the top tear was something else that game. Made even more special that day as me and 3 of my mates sat together.. and one is now a first team player at the club.. WATP

New year victory at The Vatican Bomber scored then leapt the hoarding never seen bedlam like it brand new Rangers shell suit on covered in claret somebody cracked me in the coupon.

Tam Forsyth,1973 SC winner, best game I’ve ever attended. Official attendance 122,714. Had been to the 1971 finals and this made up big time.

Edu

I was hungover as hell, it was pishing of rain too but absolute joy and massive cuddles with grown men I barely knew!

Albertz free kick.
pre match we kept hearing about missing players and the nerves were kicking in.
Up stepped the Hammer and yes the rest is history.

Not had the pleasure of being at too many Old Firm games and the ones I did attend we seemed to draw or lose. Only saw us win one and was when Davis slid in and scored in the rain.

King Kai cup winner. Jimmy Johnstone throwing himself to the ground after it went in
Second is Tam Forsyth.
Third. John Greig tap in after us going the length of the park while they claimed a penalty

Maybe not the best goal but one that made me really happy. Colin McAdam’s 2nd and our 3rd in Nov 1980. A header which meant we were defo going to win the game. Just remember going mental at that.
Wasn’t even supposed to be there really. We were there to see AC/DC at the Apollo that night but one of the lads who was with us had got main stand tickets from his dad who got compo’s through the police. Had already seen Angus and Malcolm Young in the same stand, so was happy anyway, but three goals later and a brilliant concert that night just made my day!

De boer in the 3-2 game 2002. Put us 2-1 up and celebrates in front of them with the 2 fingers down the throat!

Back