Favourite old firm goal in a match you attended

1995. Gazza at their shithole. I was sitting in the wrong end but had a great view of the goal. He was running to celebrate with the Rangers fans before the ball hit the back of the net. Made it 2-0 after Alex Cleland’s only league goal just before half time.

Big Bert's in the League Cup Semi Final. If I remember correctly, Shota missed a penalty and Bert sealed our spot in the final with his rocket strike. I was sitting straight across from the team at Hampden which also made it special for me.

Edu at Ibrox.

I just felt we never ever got these late goals against them and to basically win the league with a late winner was outstanding.

I can’t separate Edu’s tap in at Ibrox in injury time to effectively win the league.
And Bert at a Hampden in extra time, what a hit, I was so delighted as I jumped up to celebrate I accidentally punched an old guys glasses off who was sitting next to me, and he was so happy he didn’t even care!

Kenny Miller , the fourth goal in the 4: 2 game at the piggery because there was no way back for them and you don’t score 4 goals there .

August 1986. A fantastic performance and a wonderful winning goal. Cooper's sublime reverse pass for Durrant's icily cool finish.
But for a pure explosion of joy it has to be Pistol Pete's last minute winner in the 2002 Scottish Cup Final.
With Gough's last minute equaliser at Ibrox 15 years earlier running it pretty close.

Impossible to choose. The classics have already been mentioned but I’ll go with Sone Aluko in 2012

Because of the shit that happened that year we just had to stop them winning at our place and to be honest it was as good a goal as any. I was in actual tears when it went in as that was a very emotional and uncertain time

Super in league cup final. The third of his hat/trick, a rebound of saved penalty but what a celebration from the Rangers end when it hit the net.

Alex MacDonald at the saville dome on 25th August 1973, first visit there and the Gers won 3-1

Gough’s equaliser 2vs2 game October 87’
The noise when it hit the net was unbelievable.
..then Robbo conducting the troops in full voice!!!
I will never forget the noise I was 12 , I thought thee roof had just blew off

My favourite Old firm goal to (and there has been plenty), my first Cup Final and in front of Royalty.
Got to Hampdump for doors opening and found a spot high up in the Rangers end and above one of the exits so great view...until all the dust we kicked up celebrating blocked the sun. :)
Was blowing dust out of my nose for a couple of days.

Jelavic 2011 League Cup Final.

it’s Jelaviccccccccc.
Was living in Oz and watched that on Setanta who still used Blurrovision rather than HD.
Macari was co commentator and the whinging from him as the ball bounced off both posts was hilarious..."ah canny believe that" Repeated endlessly. :)

Reading through the thread and you know what?
THEY WERE ALL GREAT AND PERSONALLY PRECIOUS AT THE TIME...

Peter Lovenkrands last minute winner in the cup final for pure explosion of joy
Loads of others,but this will be with me until my dying day.
Utterly brilliant(and not to mention deserved)moment; for we absolutely battered them in that second half. To cap it all PL left Sutton in his wake to head the winner.

Mendes at the piggery , just because it was in their midden,

that or fergusons freekick / lovenkrands winner in the 2002 cup final

What’s your favourite and why?

Not a great goal by any means, but it signalled that we are on our way back and to be taken seriously.
I can’t remember too many moments of pure joy such as that goal. It was a release in many ways, a pity we didn’t go on to win the league obviously but it got the monkey off our back and has led to some great performances and results against them.
Big Tams pile driver, because it won the cup in what was our centenary year.

This superb volley by Prso.

At the game I had just said to my mate that I felt big Marvin’s distribution had improved a bit.

The commentary on the clip is hilarious.

“Not perhaps the man Rangers want most in possession here.”

Love this iconic photo too...

yv7c5t1mcxdz.jpg

There have been many but I cannot really separate 2 - Edu & Lovenkrands.

Both fucking awesome, but then again so is every goal against them in truth.

What’s your favourite and why?

Not a great goal by any means, but it signalled that we are on our way back and to be taken seriously.
I can’t remember too many moments of pure joy such as that goal. It was a release in many ways, a pity we didn’t go on to win the league obviously but it got the monkey off our back and has led to some great performances and results against them.
Mo Jo sticking it up them at Ibrox that day was the day I took him to my heart. For all sorts of reasons it’s that one for me

Ryan jack. Atmosphere was incredible. Being the winning goal it just meant so much to the club at the time.

Lovenkrands Cup Final or (around the same era) Big Bertie's strike - for the sheer fact that they genuinely couldn't fukn believe it and the fact it was the fat cnt Lennon that gave the ball away and got his greetin face rubbed in the sh*t.

Lovenkrands likely edges it though. What a feeling (explosion) of sheer raw emotion.

Lovenkrands 2002 Cup Final. Was my wee Mum's 60th birthday and family booked in for dinner at local Chinese in Giffnock that night. After awesome day my brother and I somewhat reluctantly left our mates and headed out wi parents and our wives for Mum's birthday dinner. After about half an hour in the restaurant there was a big empty table down the middle of the restaurant and I asked had someone not showed up...imagine my reaction when the waiter explained that the Celtic squad had cancelled! Talk about the icing on the proverbial cake... sang and danced the night away and even a wee bit of Simply the Best as the cabaret act allowed some impromptu karaoke...them were the days!

Normally I answer DJ LCF for this, but I'm going for Neil McCann's second and our 3rd at the piggery the night we won the league there. The atmosphere and feeling in our end was up there with anything.

Back