Favourite old firm goal in a match you attended

Lee McCullochs header at the piggery is a favourite of mine, right after they have scored and still celebrating. It was carnage when that went in.

Mine isn’t a winning goal, I’ve seen a few humpings of the orcs, but Gough last minute with 9 men was fücking brilliant.

Cooper. Drybourgh cup final. Summer the man up. No other player on the planet would have tried that

Plenty to choose from down the years...but this was my favourite, we hadn't won at the piggery for a long time and there was no coming back from this when Alex scored late in the game. It was also one of my first OF games, the pre-match swally in Bridgeton in the sunshine was memorable.

The Rangers end exploded, the 'jungle' Timploded. ;)

I love this goal... I love Provan standing on the line and thinking that he’s done his job & made the throw-in difficult and then right at the end of the clip you can see what looks like Provan, hands on hips, trudging back looking absolutely sick that Rangers still scored. ;)

Mo Jo sticking it up them at Ibrox that day was the day I took him to my heart. For all sorts of reasons it’s that one for me
That was my brother’s favourite, my Dad got two tickets from his mates who couldn’t make it, so he had to choose who to take, and as I was younger I got relegated to staying at home with my Mum! I was only 10 but still remember being gutted.
Must have saw the goal 100 times on tv since, what a moment.

Jonas Therns rocket one bounce and boooof.Think they had beaten us the week before in the cup so we were looking a bit dodgy but what a strike.

So many.

Jardine, Cooper, Konterman, Lovenkrands, Edu, McCoist, Johnston, Ness, Albertz, Jack, Arfield ....

What about Erik Bo Anderson? Mental celebrations from Sir Walter.

Wilkins 5-1, my favourite game was such a great day and with our supporters bus being late to pick us up after the game we managed to pull up alongside thier team bus at the lights on at PRW, the scenes :))
Plus the legendary FF Humiliation tshirts that came out, must have wore it out

Albertz Scottish cup final at the piggery
Edu
Neil McCann at the piggery to win the league

Got to be Lovenkrands diving header what a way to win a cup final. The trap doors at Hampden opened and their end was already being fumigated by the time the celebrations were over.
As a small slight 12 year old I got fuckin launched about 10 rows forward then picked up and hugged by a bunch of fellow bears going tonto :)):)):))

Lovenkrands 2002 Cup Final. Was my wee Mum's 60th birthday and family booked in for dinner at local Chinese in Giffnock that night. After awesome day my brother and I somewhat reluctantly left our mates and headed out wi parents and our wives for Mum's birthday dinner. After about half an hour in the restaurant there was a big empty table down the middle of the restaurant and I asked had someone not showed up...imagine my reaction when the waiter explained that the Celtic squad had cancelled! Talk about the icing on the proverbial cake... sang and danced the night away and even a wee bit of Simply the Best as the cabaret act allowed some impromptu karaoke...them were the days!
Cracking story

Jonas Therns rocket one bounce and boooof.Think they had beaten us the week before in the cup so we were looking a bit dodgy but what a strike.
I think we beat them 2-1 in the cup the week before. (McCoist & Albertz)
Don't take that as gospel as my recollections haven't been the best recently :))

I think we beat them 2-1 in the cup the week before. (McCoist & Albertz)
Don't take that as gospel as my recollections haven't been the best recently :))
You’ll probably be right bud.Im walking into the kitchen for something and coming out going what the fu*k did I go in there for. :oops:

What’s your favourite and why?

Not a great goal by any means, but it signalled that we are on our way back and to be taken seriously.
I can’t remember too many moments of pure joy such as that goal. It was a release in many ways, a pity we didn’t go on to win the league obviously but it got the monkey off our back and has led to some great performances and results against them.

That pull back by Kent tho!!! Also amazing it was a proper blue nose who scored the goal and the cherry ontop it bounced off lego lol

Derek Parlane, 4th January 1975. Was the third goal that afternoon, sent us to top of the league. That stopped the mentally challengeds 10 in a row.

Wilkins volley

Never beat them the season before I think.

They went 1 up

Wilkins put us in front to make it 2

You know the rest.

Well I’ve never felt more like singing the blues.
When Rangers put 5 past Ian Andrews

Richard Gough's last minute equaliser in October 87 after what was just a mental, hate filled ninety minutes which resulted in the infamous court case. Ibrox went ballistic!

First cup final was the Bert Slater final against Dundee in 64.
First scum cup final was King Kai in 66, wonderful.
For some reason the auld man wouldn't take me to the first game, but I was ok to go to the replay with 90,000.

What’s your favourite and why?

Not a great goal by any means, but it signalled that we are on our way back and to be taken seriously.
I can’t remember too many moments of pure joy such as that goal. It was a release in many ways, a pity we didn’t go on to win the league obviously but it got the monkey off our back and has led to some great performances and results against them.
2002 league cup semi Final

Big bert konterman screamer into the top corner from 30 yards
Was at the game....steaming and freezing. The limbs when that hit the nets was spectacular. Plus I was looking right down the barrel in the rangers end

2002 league cup semi Final

Big bert konterman screamer into the top corner from 30 yards
Was at the game....steaming and freezing. The limbs when that hit the nets was spectacular. Plus I was looking right down the barrel in the Rangers end
Forgot to add link

Edu last min - never celebrated like that in my life I don’t think

PL - header in Scottish Cup Final, senses and to win the cup

In the 80’s - Wilkins volley in the 5-1 game or Gough’s equaliser in the 2-2 game when we were down to 9 men. Never heard noise like that in my life when that ball crossed the line....

Edu’s goal.

East enclosure was mental when that went in. Never been in a celebration like that since, bodies flying everywhere!

Back