Favourite player in the current squad?

Morelos is brilliant, hilarious, frustrating, loveable all at once. Love the guy. Got to be my favourite since Jelavic.

Tav, I love how he's grown with us. Come through a lot of rough times and itd be fitting to see him lift #55. The goals and assists he provides from right back is insane - we simply couldn't replace those numbers.

Aribo - just different gravy. He's like a £10mil player already. He's going to be absolutely huge for us this season.

Ryan Jack.

A 7 or 8 every single game and hopefully that wank Clarke keeps his mentally challenged paws off him.

Got to be Alfie. He’s a powerhouse goal machine, the best player in the league, he’s mental and everyone else in Scotland hates him because he’s that good.

But Tav, Aribo, Jack, Davis, Defoe, Katic etc. We’ve got plenty of choice and I love it.

I said in another thread Katic is fast becoming my favourite player.

Could easily be Morelos, Arfield, of Tav though.

Or Kamara, Aribo or Jack!

I tend not to have a ‘favourite’ player quite honestly. If they are wearing a Rangers top they are, by definition, one of my ‘favourites’. Keeps it all very simple.

Some are better players than others - but that’s a different argument.

What a question.

At the moment it's tough to pick from each position never mind favourite overall player.

I can’t make my mind up. It changes every week. Just when I think it MUST be Tav, along comes Alfredo, the Canadian Captain and Steven Davis to muddy the waters of choosing my current favourite player. It might even be Jermaine Defoe !

Depends,based on current form Katic and Jack have been standouts consistently for me.
Of the new players Aribo.
Overall Arfield and Tav,consistently setting the standards over a lengthy period of time both on and off the pitch.

Talk about nicer problems to have,fantastic.

Hard tae pick.
As I say to each of ma fower weans: you're ma favourite. When questioned about who's ma actual favourite, I answer "all of ye's".
This season, I'm feeling much the same about this Rangers team.

Morelos for me right now.

He’s still a distant second in terms of current staff who I like the most. That award goes to the boss.

I could list a few, and it's been a while since I could do that!
I would say Morelos, Jack, Tav, Katic, Defoe, Kamara, Shagger. All favourites of mine!

Arfield for me at the moment. I am sure it'll change a few times throughout the course of the season. I can see Aribo being a massive favourite very soon.

Defoe.

Haven't felt a disturbance in The Force like this since Laudrup.

Davis, the quiet man in the engine room. There is no coincidence that we have started flowing football since he recovered his game fitness. He does the dirty work of recovering the ball and starting attacks.

Favourite is Aribo. I remember when we got Ejaria and I thought he was a real player but couldn't hack the hatchet men. Then we got Kamara, who plays a lot like Ejaria but can actually handle the physical side and I thought he was a top pro and excellent player to watch.

And then we got Aribo and suddenly we're trying to see how Kamara even fits into the team as a regular. Having watched all 3 players play live it's obvious that Aribo has something no one else does. Not just that he told his arrogant coaches to poke it for the chance to work with one of the greatest midfielder's to ever play the game. That shows he's got an independent, smart mind that knows how to make good decisions.

Those are the reasons why he's not just my favourite, but why I think he's the key to 55. Guys like Tav and Morelos and Arfield are able to do their jobs because guys like Aribo are phenomenal.

U3bM8PV.jpg
The man.

I never thought, especially after what happened in 2012, that Jermain Defoe would play for my club. And now he does, and it's every bit as brilliant as I had hoped.

Whilst he's my favourite I do love Tav and Goldson and Niko, and Matt, and George, and Steve, and Greg, and Glen, and Joe, and Jon, and Andy and Alfie, and Jordan, and, well all of them too.

Davis for me pure rolls Royce of a player. Very closely filled by Alfie, Aribo, Katic, Tav , and Defoe . More than half the team at a very very very high standard.

For the first time in years i would really struggle to answer that question and thank f*ck it's for positive reasons.

I would probably say Tav or Morelos but the likes of Arfield, Jack, Goldson, Shagger, Defoe Aribo etc are not that far off.

I love them all.

Quite difficult to choose, isn't it? Good times..

Currently Kamara for me...based on 2nd half of last season. Slow start this season though...

At least half a dozen pushing to change my mind

Easy decision for everyone else?

For me, Tav and Halliday are my 2 I want to succeed most for the shite they’ve come through.

Defoe is just Defoe, grew up on football and watching him through the years to have him at Ibrox even in his twilight years is amazing.

Morelos is loveable, frustrating, ingenious and daft. He’s like your favourite pet that always wrecks stuff but you can’t help but love despite his flaws (hope no one is offended by the analogy)

Final mention to Ryan Jack. Aside Tav I think he’s the player you notice most when he’s not there. Defoe has shown he can step in for Morelos, no one imo can do what Jack does in our team.

Aribo.

At least once every game he does something that makes you say "did I just see that?!"... whether it was skill, or easily winning ball back without trying, or holding onto ball going past 3 players.

He is exciting.

Morelos closely followed by Tav

Then Katic, Jack, Aribo, Kamara, Davis, Goldson and Arfield

Pretty much the whole team is my favourite player

Back