Favourite Player So Far This Year

Who is your favourite Rangers player so far this year?

• McGregor

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Tavernier

Votes: 396 64.5%
  • Goldson

Votes: 34 5.5%
  • Helander

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Balogun

• Barisic

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • Davis

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Jack

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • Kamara

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Arfield

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Aribo

Votes: 30 4.9%
  • Kent

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • Morelos

• Roofe

Votes: 21 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters

der_hammer10

Never before have wee had such an array of players absolutely smashing it out the park week after week.

I’d go for Tav. Right now he is the best player in Scotland. The man is a machine in his work rate, he’s leading by example, and the amount of goals and assists he is getting is bordering on ridiculous. He deserves the plaudits as well considering the stick he has taken over the last few years when things have gone south.

But frankly, I love them all.

Some players have been performing above others, however I’m not going to single out anybody from this team/squad.
So my vote is going to the .....SQUAD.

Tav by a mile for me.

I've always rated him and felt he was criminaly underrated by a lot of our support. He's improved even further this season and is really playing like a Rangers captain. Like a lot of our players he just needs that league title to his name.

Tavernier.

Last season, he was written off by the media after the cup final as a "perennial loser". Many of our own support had even joined them and said that he isn't in the mould of a Rangers captain.

This season, he is leading by example. He is rightfully back on penalties (and scoring them), he is in the final third, pressing the opposition, even when we are 8-0 up against Hamilton, and he quite simply never hides from responsibility. I'd love for a player who we signed for the championship to be club captain and lift #55.

Tav continues like this he should get all the individual honours along with everything we want to win as a team. Special mention for Arfield. Some myself included were saying we didn't know where he fitted into the team. We were wrong been outstanding since he came on as a sub against Utd at home in September.

Last edited:
Can't vote for Tav yet. He has been in blistering form, top 5 def in Europe just now but I can't forgive him for the stuff he wrote in the match program last year. Only way to do that is to win 55 this year.

This wasn't easy.

Arfield came onto a game.

Roofe is impressing up front.

Goldson is defending well and pinging it forward.

But Tav (for me) is defending, playing in mid, bombing forward, and scoring.

He just drives us on so much.

He might not be as vocal as past captains but by god does he lead by example.

Was going to go with Tav as he has been superb, but went for Arfield as he has went onto a different kevel this season.

Could easy havre picked Goldson or Kent.

Tav, closely followed by Arfield.

In truth, we have 12/13 who are playing out of their skin.

I'm absolutely loving the resurgence of players that have been written off Goldson Tav and Arfield playing their best stuff since they came in and finally look to be putting the pieces together

The backroom team have done wonders and it's clear there's full mutual respect and trust between them all. But Tav especially epitomises the improvement in attitude and performance of the whole squad. Thats what leaders should be. Inspirations.

He really seems to have grown up a lot this year and has matured into the sort of captain we need. Whatever it is he's being doing to improve his concentration is working wonders. Really impressed by the way he speaks in the media now too. I think he finally believes in himself as a player and a leader and it's really showing in his level of focus and consistency on and off the pitch.

At this moment in time he's leading us towards something special (no chickens counted yet) and could be on the cusp of greatness and legendary status at the club.

Only one winner at this stage in the season for me. Flawless and faultless so far.

There are players who are more exciting to watch but the skipper has been huge for us.

Just looked at the votes so far and some players that have been excellent haven't even got a vote yet. Many like me have voted for Tav. I believe this is the case because, not only has he been outstanding but he has travelled much of this painful journey with us. Seeing him lifting silverware this season, would be for many of us, akin to John Greig lifting the League Trophy in 1975.

Also the OP omitted Shane Duffy from the poll and he would have garnered many votes for the comedy value alone. :)

Because the question says favourite then it has to be Aribo for me. Just a joy to watch, he has been exceptional from the ore season games where he was on a different level to everyone else, curtailed by injury and getting back to his joyous, technical, skilful, play with a smile on his face best.
Favourite = Aribo

Every single one of them has been giving 100% and I refuse to choose one over the others

Oh, and you forgot to include Mcglaughlin on the list OP

I have given Tav some criticism in years gone by but this year he is in a league of his own, genuine class!

Genuinely, a brilliant first 3rd of the season. Tavernier is an absolute machine, but I voted Arfield. He's so intelligent and I love nothing more than seeing that salute.

Back