Favourite Player So Far This Year

Who is your favourite Rangers player so far this year?

• McGregor

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Tavernier

Votes: 396 64.5%
  • Goldson

Votes: 34 5.5%
  • Helander

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Balogun

• Barisic

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • Davis

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Jack

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • Kamara

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Arfield

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Aribo

Votes: 30 4.9%
  • Kent

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • Morelos

• Roofe

Votes: 21 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
Every single fuckin one of them.
All stepped up and all aying the team game.
Well done the gaffer and his team for the change in attitude and tactics and well done the players for implementing the plan.
Happy fuckin days

James Tavernier.

He really has stepped up to the mark so far this season. And most of his performances have been outstanding.

It says a lot about how exceptional he’s been this season that Tav is romping this poll, when you think that Goldson, Davis, Kent, Arfield Roofe, Kamara, Barasic, Jack, Helander and others have been terrific.

James Tavernier has been impeccable in every single way this season. Outstanding and glad to see him finally getting the love he deserves.

It's hard to imagine even at this early stage, Tav not sweeping the board when it comes to Player of the Year awards.

It’s the Skipper by an absolute mile.

I honestly cannot wait to see that man’s commitment, loyalty and skill properly rewarded with silverware lifted above his head

Never before have wee had such an array of players absolutely smashing it out the park week after week.

I’d go for Tav. Right now he is the best player in Scotland. The man is a machine in his work rate, he’s leading by example, and the amount of goals and assists he is getting is bordering on ridiculous. He deserves the plaudits as well considering the stick he has taken over the last few years when things have gone south.

But frankly, I love them all.
We’re literally pulling quality from the bench every game, by far the best rangers team in a long time

Tavernier is having one of the best seasons I’ve seen from a Rangers player in a long long time maybe since Barry Ferguson in 02/03

there’s not many failures ( if any ) this season but I voted tav as I feel he’s improved this season and he is a great captain and model professional

Could be any of them. Really could be. I gave my vote to Aribo but on reflection i just cant discount Tav. He has undoubtedly been the best player in the country so far this season and imo is one of the most on form players in Europe at the moment. I would love nothing more than to see him lift the League Title in May and be forever known as a Rangers legend.

Tav so far has been most consistent. Thought Aribo right now is my fave player, although he was out for a bit, we are a far better team with him playing

Tav has been our best performer.

In terms of favourite, it's between Kamara and Goldson.

Kamara I was yet to be convinced with and I thought the middle of the park was our weakest area. Delighted to be proved wrong. He has been absolutely outstanding in every game he has played, making it look so easy.

Goldson, I was raging at his lazy ball last season up the line that cost us the first goal v Tims at Ibrox. Always seemed to have a mistake in him but these have been cut out this season (I'll let him off with the slip up at Parkhead when they missed the good chance one on one). He has been solid and similar to when Davie Weir was here, it doesn't matter what centre half he is paired with, they fit effortlessly into the back line.

Tav has been our best player by a little bit. Arfield is close behind him imo, in the league games he’s been phenomenal at breaking the lines. In Europe Kamara has been outstanding but he’s also been good in the league, just stands out more in Europe. Then you’ve got kent who’s brought more end product this year. Nearly forgot to mention Goldson, who was our best defender last season, he’s took his game up another level.

100% Tav.

There's something really satisfying about watching a player who we signed for £200k under Mark Warburton be the absolute standout in our best start to a season in many decades.

Tav is emblematic of the progress we've made as a football club in the last five years.

He'll go down as one of my all time favourites if he captains us to the title.

Tav for me.
I know he has always taken responsibility on the pitch, but this season I think his leadership qualities are showing in a unique way - when Tav performs, we perform. Which is what I think a leader should bring to a team.
On a side note, I just love watching the way Aribo glides around the pitch, boys a pler.

Tav so far, but the contribution of Scott Arfield has been immense, then we’ve got Goldson, Borna, Ryan Jack. The list is endless

Gerrard for me! The fact so many of those players have been incredible this year is testimony to him. He has got the best out the players, he’s made great signings and his tactics are spot on. His substitutions are the right ones at the right time, something I was critical of him at first. This is the best football I’ve seen us play since the Advocaat years and added to that he is the epitome of class off the pitch.

Easily Tav for me. What a player hes been this season. Want to see him lift the title this season and sign a new contract to keep him here another few seasons and let him have a go of the CL.

Never before have wee had such an array of players absolutely smashing it out the park week after week.

I’d go for Tav. Right now he is the best player in Scotland. The man is a machine in his work rate, he’s leading by example, and the amount of goals and assists he is getting is bordering on ridiculous. He deserves the plaudits as well considering the stick he has taken over the last few years when things have gone south.

But frankly, I love them all.

Agree.

James can write himself into Rangers folklore mate.

The backroom team have done wonders and it's clear there's full mutual respect and trust between them all. But Tav especially epitomises the improvement in attitude and performance of the whole squad. Thats what leaders should be. Inspirations.

He really seems to have grown up a lot this year and has matured into the sort of captain we need. Whatever it is he's being doing to improve his concentration is working wonders. Really impressed by the way he speaks in the media now too. I think he finally believes in himself as a player and a leader and it's really showing in his level of focus and consistency on and off the pitch.

At this moment in time he's leading us towards something special (no chickens counted yet) and could be on the cusp of greatness and legendary status at the club.

Only one winner at this stage in the season for me. Flawless and faultless so far.

This.

I was a Tav critic, hands up. I never ever said I wanted him to leave the club but I did on more than one occasion question his ability to be a captain. How wrong was I. I am genuinely delighted for him this season. He has stuck in over the years of pain and came out stronger. Fair play to the guy. It will be the sweetest feeling I've ever had as a Rangers man when I see Captain Tav lift that league trophy up in May. Well done Captain.

What's 'favourite' mean?

Most goals.
Most asists.
Best saves.
Best stare.
Best distribution.
Fastest.
Most exciting.
Most aggressive.
Most spectacular.
Most likely to half Brown in two.

I love 'em all to a man.

C'mon Rangers.

I was a Tav critic, hands up. I never ever said I wanted him to leave the club but I did on more than one occasion question his ability to be a captain. How wrong was I. I am genuinely delighted for him this season. He has stuck in over the years of pain and came out stronger. Fair play to the guy. It will be the sweetest feeling I've ever had as a Rangers man when I see Captain Tav lift that league trophy up in May. Well done Captain.

This.

I think you speak for a lot of us.

Back