Favourite Rangers goal

Davie Cooper free kick 1987 league cup final v Aberdeen was in the family section at hampden that day with my Dad great view of the free kick

Never actually thought about this, so hard to single one out. Here's a few, in no particular order:
1. McCoist v. Leeds, 1992
2. Hateley's first v. Aberdeen, 1991
3. Gazza's solo run v. Aberdeen, 1996
4. Barry Ferguson free kick v. them, 2002 Scottish Cup Final
5. Lovenkrands v. them, 2002 Scottish Cup Final

You know, maybe McCoist's is my favourite after all, since they pretty much came to me in that order.

The Berty Yarder against The Goblins.

Or is it Wilkins volley versus The CHUDS in the 5-1 game.

Or Hately's or McCoist against Leeds at Elland Road.

or Davie Cooper Driborough v the Mingers or Skol Cup v the Sheep or ....

...argh too many.

Bert Kontermans thunderbolt

Because id spent the whole game slating him and he put me right in my box!
Big Bert for all his misgivings, more than made up for them that night and will always be fondly remembered just for that goal. I was in the last seat at the segregation next to the bheasts that night.
Im pretty sure they were cheering him sarcastically when he was on the ball
Then... bang

Barry Ferguson’s goal in the 5-1 is massively underrated, the timing of that run is perfection considering he played the first pass from his own half in the centre circle.

Not the best by a mile, not the most significant either…there have been many more important and quality goals. But for sheer bedlam Mo Edu’s last second winner at the Copland Road was magic!

McCoist header versus Leeds at Elland Road for me.

Very closely followed by Lovenkrands last minute header against the other mob in the cup final.
Yeah agree - for some reason that McCoist header at Elland Rd was the first one in my mind.
But I can never forget the sound of Cooper’s free kick hitting the net at Hampden in the cup final against the sheep. Never seen/heard anything like that since. A unique and unforgettable moment.

Not my all time favourite but this goal came to mind. A very good goal and a very important one in our journey back to the top.

Jorg Albertz free kick vs them was my fav or Gazza v Aberdeen. One I celebrated the most at a game was Lundstram vs Leipzig loudest I ve heard since Parma

To many to mention but recently Tavs at home v Liepzig the whole stadium was supercharged to a level I had never seen before and that roar when he came in and back post and finnished it will live with me till day I die.
Any of our three from that game could be it for me but if I had to pick one I’d go Lundstram.

Tavs was chaos
Kamara was when I actually felt we can do this and just had a mad feeling.
Lundstram because it was such a rush as I felt RB were going to do it after Nkunku scored.

It can only be Bomber

No-one would've enjoyed scoring that goal more than him, and no-one deserved to smash a 20-yarder home at the PIE-hut more than him.

It had "F**k each and every last one of you bastards" written all over it.

I'm going to throw Jonas Therns against the tramps, Taverniers against Peterhead and Jermaine Defoes against livingston into the mix for the technique displayed but, really, there is no contender to Kemar Roofes against Standard Liege

Most obscure one I can think of is Josh Windass v Celtic. Taking the ball of boyata and sprinting up the pitch was immense and it was a crazy celebration after having a period of low expectations.

Another unusual one I can think of is Waghorns goal against Hibs. Felt like it was the first time we had had confidence as a team in years!

Vignal v them when we hadn’t won there for years and Douglas flapped it in.
Ehiogu v them as Walter brought back the fear factor.

Jelavic first time volley against Hearts at Tynecastle from a Bocanegra long ball over the top.

Defoe v Livi at Ibrox during Covid from a Tav pass.

Thern v them at Ibrox.

Wilkins v them at Ibrox.

Best live goal would have to be Roofe from the halfway line, just incredible vision and guile. Summed up Gerrard's Rangers in Europe nicely.

I never saw this live, but for sheer artistry Id go for Ray Wilkins wonder volley vs Celt!c at Ibrox.

Probably the Mendes old firm goal. The kind of goal you dream of scoring in a big derby game. Coupled with Miller getting a double it has to be amongst our best ever victories at the piggery.

Thanks all for posting. This is why I love this club so much. So many great players and great goals.WATP

Mo Edu vs them to all but seal the title.
Jamie Ness vs them, unbelievable strike
Jelavic vs them cup final
Barrie Mckay vs them semi final
... Theres a theme! B-D

Mines probably is big Bert’s at Hampden. The mhanks roar when his name came up on the screens for the starting eleven….. then BOOM!!! Ended up about 5 rows down from where I was sitting. Just the sheer euphoria of Konterman getting it right up them. Great times:shh:

Back