Favourite short-lived Rangers song.

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
What are your favourite songs that we sang briefly then they completely vanished?

As poorly as his tenure ended, "Warburton is Magic" was a cracking chant IMO.
Favourite for me though was "We're on our way" in Gerrards first season.

What say the good Bears of FF?

I reckon there must be loads of these kind of songs for players, managers and events in our history.

The Kyle Bartley one but i think it’s more to do with the party boat back from Eindhoven that I remember it fondly.

The Madjid Bougherra song. Amazing rendition of it on Boxing Day at Fir Park which lasted a good half hour non-stop. Never really heard it much the rest of that season then he was away.
After that game it was sang constantly on our bus

The Madjid Bougherra song. Amazing rendition of it on Boxing Day at Fir Park which lasted a good half hour non-stop. Never really heard it much the rest of that season then he was away.
I remember the video of the wee guy at Fir Park going mental singing that :))

The People are on the march again down Ibrox way
You better believe the boys in blue are here to stay
Then and now and ever more
Living the dream of the gallant four
Glasgow Rangers
The only show in town

(animals went in two by two tune/ Carlos Cuellar)

Only remember it being sung at Parkhead in 1988 but it had easy to remember lyrics, a catchy tune and it upset the scum tremendously.
It went: ‘SAS Bang, Bang, Bang, SAS Bang, Bang, Bang!’, and repeat numerous times.
Don’t recall ever witnessing such a reaction from them to any other song.

This gets a blast now and again but there was a match away to Hamilton last year where just before half time not much was happening. Seemed to be the whole away end singing men behind the wire verse for verse. Was amazing watching it on tv.

Panic in the Septic defence
Amoruso Amoruso Amoruso

Words by Balfarg Bear.
Probably only ever sung in my van en route to Govan from Fife.

Classic

To the tune of I bought a flute for 50p

Champions league we're in the next round
Where are the Tim's they're nowhere to be found
We'll be in London Madrid or Milan
And they'll be at butlins in a caravan

It's an old one sung in the east enclosure a good few years back

My mind immediately jumps to the guy who recorded this strange, whispering song - the punchline of which was “we hate Celtic, %^*& Celtic” - and he got absolutely torn to shreds for it on the old forum. Funny it never took off.

Honourable shout out to Andy Cameron’s “I am a bluenose, loyal and true” which made many an interminable wait on the phone to the ticket office a living nightmare.

Was great but after so long it fucked my Sheff Wed trip. Non-feckin-stop.

Baku song wins it for me. The last few mins at Ibrox v Rapid was sensational
This was what prompted the thread.
I was looking through videos on my phone and came across one just as Rapid are taking the free kick that leads to our 3rd goal.

Also loved the Fabio Cardoso song for about a week before numbskulls made it about provos/IRA.
Brilliant video of some of my mates from our bus singing that on the boat to/from Luxembourg, absolutely pished as on lookers are trying to eat their bacon roll.

Not sure if @GovanFront4 was there :))

Last edited:
There was a Caixinha, Pena & Herrera song.

Can’t for the life of me remember the words.

Back